You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manger 2007

L.Garcia

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started as Liverpool and couldn't get anone in before the close of the trasnfer window other than the RB Brownie mentioned earlier in thread. Sitting 3rd 6 points behind Chelsea after 14 games, only lost one, winning 8 but drawing 5. Only just scraping through games 1-0. Have played Arsenal, United and Chelsea already. Beating United 1-0, drawing with Arsenal 2-2 and a nice 1-1 draw away to the Chavs. Topped Champions League group with 5 wins out of 6. Beat Celtic 4-0 after telling the lads the pressure was off and to go out and enjoy themselves. So alttle promising. Aurelio is a bit of a girl though. Doesn't like being shouted at. Pennant is playing very well, also Gonzalez is doing the biz.

Also got a game at Real going, just thought I would destroy a big team with my first game on 07. My god in all my friendlies I have lost the follwoing players with injuries for 4 months minimum, Ronaldo, Van Horse face, Raul, CAssano and Ramos. I have bought in Cardenas and Higuian but can't get any other fucker to sign, Madura has gone to Spurs on loan, Marcelo won't sign either.

First imprsssion of this version is as has been stated earlier, the new extras have added to the game immensley.

Eventualy got Micah Richards for 9.5 mill. For some reason Bayern and Man City both lowered their asking prices, I offered a contract to Owen Hargreaves but he went to Villa and Richards rejected Man United and Milan to join me so thats laughin. Gerrard and Micah are dominating in the middle right now...

Alberto Zapater? Remember trying for him when I first started the game with Juventus, good player but I wanted better. That Sunny's a good player, he went to Lyon on mine and is now worth 26 mill...

First game I started was with Tamworth, in the span of 3 month I had 6 players out with broken legs. I left that game to itself.

Second game I got LFC, sold Kewell for £7 mio to Spurs and bought Ayala for £18 mio . Played all home games attacking 3-4-3 as well as most away games, rest of away games was a mix of 5-3-2 attacking/defensive and attacking 4-4-2. Won the Charity Shield, PL and League Cup, runners up in the CL and FA Cup. In second season I turned down first contract from LFC, after this I gave the board an ultimatum to build a new stadium and got a begrudging yes, when I took the new contract. Sold Momo for £20 mio. to Chelsea, Paletta to Rangers for £3 mio, Aurelio to Celtic for £6 mio, bought Klose for £30 mio who has banged in 8 goals in 3 games so far and gives a hell of a lot in shirt sales. Also bought Ze Roberto for £6 mio to give me more opportunities attacking from the back. Pondering an offer from Chelsea for Alonso for £45 mio. Probably going to take it to buy in some youngsters for the future. The reserves and U18 looks quite weak, so need to do something there for the road ahead. Turned down £60 mio for Gerrard from Real Madrid. Good season ahead. Antwi had a run of 9 games during my first year and was MoM in 3 of them, so he's suddenly looking like a real prospect for the next years. Paul Anderson had a run aswell, still a prospect, but didn't look too convincing, so not too sure about him. Heargreaves has been offered a contract, not sure whether he will accept yet.

Yeah but whats the clubs balance? The club will still let you have any remaining funds even if they are in serious finacial trouble...

Me thinks that 49 million hurt...

Aftre signing sahin, I had 12 mill left in funds for another purchase. My wages are 200k under budget. The board announce they are going into reeiverrship and I'm deducted nine points by the premier league. This comes two months after winnign the league and cup double.

How fgar in to the game are you ?, i bought sahin for 4m second season no probs with work permit.

..Said the pug faced Irishman with a look of bemusement.

Yes he did. My ire is more towards the fact that its been such a succesful season within budget and not in debt. They gave me funds of 62 million for the following season and then all this happens. What sort of cock is that?

Yes he did. My ire is more towards the fact that its been such a succesful season within budget and not in debt. They gave me funds of 62 million for the following season and then all this happens. What sort of cock is that?

That was a David O'Leary joke. I didn't realise you were also a pug-faced Irishman and it backfired somewhat. Such is life I guess.

Why would they give so much transfer funds if they dont have it?

I got given a budget of 45 million in my current transfer window and the club only had a balance of 34 million...

Maybe it's a bit of a flaw or something. Also you might find if you sell a player, the money gained from that will go straight into your transfer budget and not affect the clubs overall balance, so your getting more funds than you can afford to play with due to the clubs finacial posistion..

Finaces dont really balance out sometimes, the club doesn't help either by letting you have any funds raised by the sales of players not aware that they've already given you more money than they can afford themselves...

Then again there is a statistic on your profile called finacial control, so maybe it's a bit of a test to see how finacially aware you are and the fact that most players will want to start the game and start spending, so maybe it's designed to eliminate that from the game and give it a more realistic approach to the transfer market...

After all, it is mostly up to you were the clubs money goes...

• 4 weeks later...

Just started a new game after achieving eveything thing in mine and got bored. Finished the game in about 2012 having managed Juventus, Liverpool and England.

Started over with Liverpool, signed Zaccardo from Palermo for 4 mill (quality player), Sold Zenden to PSV for 2 mill, Diao to Lens for 1 mill and then chased Gago and got him for my remaining dosh. I'm currently top after 6 games by 3 points and looking pretty good at the moment. Although this game is designed so you always have problems mid season so we'll see what I get, wether it's injuries or drastic loss of form.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shimmy29

ive got the game and thought there wasnt alot of difference in the 2006 version.At this moment id still rather play the 2006 version where i brought dirk kuyt in feb last year ,hes a top player aswell as obafemi martins and cisse up front.my buy of the season was vincent kompany from hamburg.But still il stick to my 2006 version cos the team i hav is the nuts and my transfer budget is immenseIt does become easier but why buy a new game when the old is just as good and the same players r still on offer,I didnt pay for the 2007 version,got it off bitcomet.im glad too.Maybe later in the year il hav a look c if its worth playin.tx,come on u reds.