You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this summer's budget will be used for 2 or 3 players who can make a real impact next season not in two or three years time.

I just don't think Rafa will blow half of it on another "one for the future" even if he is really promising.

Would he not be ready next season though.

Owen was his age, Rooney was younger and both them 2 certainly played some part of their teams games during the season.

If your good enough your old enough and i think this kid is good enough.

Would he not be ready next season though.

Owen was his age, Rooney was younger and both them 2 certainly played some part of their teams games during the season.

If your good enough your old enough and i think this kid is good enough.

New country,new language,new League is a big ask for a kid his age if you want instant performance though.

He has the ability to play next season in the Premiership and have an impact like Fabregas did for Arsenal. He is already that good and developed. Physically he will have obstacles to overcome and that is the only question mark. But he has the body to cope(small but stocky) and I honestly think that if Garcia can cope reasonably well, then Aguero will be able to cope well.

New country,new language,new League is a big ask for a kid his age if you want instant performance though.

Virtually half the club speaks Spanish now, though, so that'd make settling much easier. Far be it for me to go all Rashid, but this does look like a very interesting statement by the player. Wouldn't it be fucking ace if we really were about to sign a genuine prodigy? And if we're going to risk big money on an unproven player, we could do a lot worse than spend it on an Argie, most of whom are fucking nails and therefore well suited to English football.

Virtually half the club speaks Spanish now, though, so that'd make settling much easier. Far be it for me to go all Rashid, but this does look like a very interesting statement by the player. Wouldn't it be fucking ace if we really were about to sign a genuine prodigy? And if we're going to risk big money on an unproven player, we could do a lot worse than spend it on an Argie, most of whom are fucking nails and therefore well suited to English football.

Don't Argentinians speak Italian?

I wouldn't knock it if we bought him but I reckon Rafa is likely to think it's a bit of a gamble unless we can defer a big chunk of the price.

Cant understand all this talk about paying all this cash for a 17yr old. We wont be paying all this cash for him - we would probably pay something like £6 million up front then the rest in performance realted payments. If we do go on to have to pay something like £15 million (which might take a few years before all the criteria was achieved) then it means he has been a great success and worth every penny.

I personally would be willing to risk £6 million on the kid, that is the amount i believe we would be paying up front.