You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rooney could end up like Fowler

Rashid

A link man, but could he hold the ball up? Were United able to retain possession high up the pitch or did it just come back at them?

it's a debate of your own invention. and a stick with which to hit players you don't fancy. and pretty disingenuous at that.

of course cantona held it up. as did hughes before him. and dwight yorke after him. rooney and henry do too. in different ways perhaps. crouch holds it up as well as any of them. he mightn't have the flair or the goalscoring prowess of some, but he allows a team to play long or short and keep posession of the ball through the midfield. he might look like a streak of piss, but he's a very rounded player.

everyone accepts we need more goals. but in terms of development of a team capable of winning the league i'd take crouch and what he contributes ahead of a whole host of more heralded, but one dimensional strikers who who despite admirable finishing abilities haven't the first clue how to hold the ball up or integrate team mates. aren't physically or technically equipped to do so. demand a counter-attacking system and a subservient strike partner to make them most effective. been there, done that, the longer time passed the more we relied on that predominant goalscorer and the further from the league title we fell.

how often did cantona terrorise champion's league defenders like crouch has this season?

it's a debate of your own invention. and a stick with which to hit players you don't fancy. and pretty disingenuous at that.

of course cantona held it up. as did hughes before him. and dwight yorke after him. rooney and henry do too. in different ways perhaps. crouch holds it up as well as any of them. he mightn't have the flair or the goalscoring prowess of some, but he allows a team to play long or short and keep posession of the ball through the midfield. he might look like a streak of piss, but he's a very rounded player.

everyone accepts we need more goals. but in terms of development of a team capable of winning the league i'd take crouch and what he contributes ahead of a whole host of more heralded, but one dimensional strikers who who despite admirable finishing abilities haven't the first clue how to hold the ball up or integrate team mates. aren't physically or technically equipped to do so. demand a counter-attacking system and a subservient strike partner to make them most effective. been there, done that, the longer time passed the more we relied on that predominant goalscorer and the further from the league title we fell.

how often did cantona terrorise champion's league defenders like crouch has this season?

Nothing more to add, I am not getting into thise. But I'd love to know the more heralded players you rate Crouch above....

Nothing more to add, I am not getting into thise. But I'd love to know the more heralded players you rate Crouch above....

you only seem capable of looking at players in isolation. and have little or no understanding of building a team. in terms of the development and construction of benitez's liverpool side crouch was the right striker at the right time at the right price. whatever the statistics tell you.

crouch has helped our midfield grow and taken pressure off our defence, particularily in away games. it might not be barcelona, but it's the next step in our development. a work in progress.

we could have blown our entire budget on michael owen or fernando torres or dirk kuyt, and done without one or more of reina, sissoko, or zenden. there's no way we'd be better off for it now though.

in the last window we secured two ball-playing defenders something we've lacked. next summer i imagine we'll secure more of the attacking options we're missing. by that point we'll be a defensively secure unit, with a very good midfield pool, and a variety of striking options.

you're not getting into it? You started it Rash.... are you just "not playing anymore, taking your ball home and sticking your dummy back in" just because someone has tried a valid argument with you?

Rash, did you ever pay up on that Crouch bet?

On this thread, I think Cantona's got a point - although he's a cheeky twat naming Robbie. Think of some of the greatest injured talents in the game (Fowler, Keane, Robson) and every one of them was a drinker. It seriously impedes both training and recovery. It's no surprise that many of the players who last the longest are teetotal (Gary Mac, Strachan, Bergkamp).

Paul, did you pay out on Traore? What was he to play 75% of the games? Ha Ha.

Can someone give me the bank details of the HJC as their site is not accepting donations.

Thanks

Rash

Just stick the cash in the bucket in the shop next time you go to Anfield.

A link man, but could he hold the ball up? Were United able to retain possession high up the pitch or did it just come back at them?

Going back the article, he is spot on about players in general, maybe not Robbie although he did to an extent throw a lot of it away.

Fuck off and die you tedious, humourless twat.

Paul, did you pay out on Traore? What was he to play 75% of the games? Ha Ha.

Can someone give me the bank details of the HJC as their site is not accepting donations.

Thanks

Rash

75% of games when available. He's been injured for half the seaon. If I lose my bet, you can be sure I'll pay up. However, you've said three times that you'd pay up on your Crouch one - and you still haven't. Stop welching and pay the HJC their tenner, you tight get.