You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Analysis of the clubs finances

Tim

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has wrongdoers got to do with anything? I hate that fucking club and the more trouble they get the better.

Whether Glazer gets fucked in the process or not is totally irrelevant to me.

I know many decent United fans, that's all. Glazer and Abramovic are the worst things that have happened to english football for a long time.

I know many decent United fans, that's all. Glazer and Abramovic are the worst things that have happened to english football for a long time.

I too know decent Man U fans. That doesn't mean I ever want to see Man U do anything but lose. And if they do that, they get relegated. :party:

You make a good point RIS, I think its just a personal thing, My hatred for all things United transcends normal space and time. Its not normal football hatred for me, not like with Chavski, i don't know where its come from - its just there...

In fact I'm collecting funds to do a remake of Schindlers list featuring United fans - any contributions would be welcome...

I too know decent Man U fans. That doesn't mean I ever want to see Man U do anything but lose. And if they do that, they get relegated. :party:

Me too. I don't want the club to disappear. As I said before, I enjoy seeing them suffer, would love it if they got relegated, but I don't want to see them disappear allthogether

You make a good point RIS, I think its just a personal thing, My hatred for all things United transcends normal space and time. Its not normal football hatred for me, not like with Chavski, i don't know where its come from - its just there...

In fact I'm collecting funds to do a remake of Schindlers list featuring United fans - any contributions would be welcome...

So you want to save as many as you can whilst hiding it under a facade of hatred?

I was brought up hating Arsenal, my Dad was wounded by the 1950 FA Cup final and passed on his hatred like a family heirloom. For me though, Chelsea are the absolute worst. They stand for everything I hate about the modern game and have no redeeming features, not one. I am passing this on to my kids. The biggest insult in our house is "you are a chelsea fan".

We are in the process of buying a house and found out our bank manager is a chelsea fan. Horrendous.

So you want to save as many as you can whilst hiding it under a facade of hatred?

Nah, I'd cast myself in Ralph Feinnes character, Amon Goerth! Gunshots in the morning, ohhh yeahhhh! © Randy Savage

"united fans, you have been liberated by the Soviet Union - you can't go west, they hate you there, and i wouldn't go east, they hate you there too"

I was brought up hating Arsenal, my Dad was wounded by the 1950 FA Cup final and passed on his hatred like a family heirloom. For me though, Chelsea are the absolute worst. They stand for everything I hate about the modern game and have no redeeming features, not one. I am passing this on to my kids. The biggest insult in our house is "you are a chelsea fan".

We are in the process of buying a house and found out our bank manager is a chelsea fan. Horrendous.

Chelsea fans have a kind of brain damaged, sweapt along feel about them though, like they don't know what the f*uk is going on...

United, well i could do a thesis on why i despise them, they're fickle self-deluded animals of the lowest order. United were to football in an inncoent age what Chelsea are now, they redefined media relations, self-publicity, and general bullshit long long before Chelsea ever did...

Chelsea fans have a kind of brain damaged, sweapt along feel about them though, like they don't know what the f*uk is going on...

United, well i could do a thesis on why i despise them, they're fickle self-deluded animals of the lowest order. United were to football in an inncoent age what Chelsea are now, they redefined media relations, self-publicity, and general bullshit long long before Chelsea ever did...

Spot on. Let them rot!

To get this back to civility ;) the 43m includes sponsorship - so the vodafone and nike deals - as well as merchandise sales. The vodafone deal was 9m a year and nike 21m a year (I think) giving them 13m in merchandising sales. So not really that much different to us.

Disclaimer - all calculations are merely illustrative.

Fair enough and apologies for the my offensive comments, if you found them offensive that is ;)

Tim no arse licken but really appreciate th effort in on the accouts baffles me a fair bit mate but in your last post you said you missed the depreciation of Anfied does this mean - in your opinion - that we stilll intend to move. Just seems a bit up in the air suppose AGM will sort it.

Pissing myself at the idea of Rash assuming a secret identity. I'm just imagining the extreme difficulty in uncovering him:

Rushian: So (insert Rash's alter-ego here), tell me what you think of Crouch, Parry and Vladimir Smicer.

Rash's cunning alter-ego: *Imagines the sound of his virtual head exploding after a rabid internet frenzy of rage.*

Tim no arse licken but really appreciate th effort in on the accouts baffles me a fair bit mate but in your last post you said you missed the depreciation of Anfied does this mean - in your opinion - that we stilll intend to move. Just seems a bit up in the air suppose AGM will sort it.

They are preparing the accounts as if the move is still going ahead. So I'd say they still plan to move, just a matter of when at the moment.

They are preparing the accounts as if the move is still going ahead. So I'd say they still plan to move, just a matter of when at the moment.

The one area I'd criticise the club for is not punching it's weight. We seem to rollover and take the sh*te from the Council and NWDA.

I wish someone at the club would leak stories out through the local papers about Evertonians on the local council stopping the club from building a new stadium in the way we keep hearing about Reds on the council "helping" (I kid you not) Liverpool Football Club.

Tim/Steve, is it true about the rumours of a potential conflict of interests with some members of the NWDA?

There was a rumour doing the rounds that if we agree to share a stadium then it is likely we won't use the current contractors and indeed may use one that has some senior NWDA members on it's board of Directors.

Any truth in this?

You would think that all concerned would be bending over backwards to help us. It is the whole area of Anfield that will benefit from this. We seem to have wanted to appease everyone and went down the right roads and ticked all the right boxes. This does not seem to have got us too far. It will be bad enough to leave Anfield think leaving the area altogether is a big no no. The longer it takes the more money it is costing us both in costs and lost revenue.

The one area I'd criticise the club for is not punching it's weight. We seem to rollover and take the sh*te from the Council and NWDA.

I wish someone at the club would leak stories out through the local papers about Evertonians on the local council stopping the club from building a new stadium in the way we keep hearing about Reds on the council "helping" (I kid you not) Liverpool Football Club.

Tim/Steve, is it true about the rumours of a potential conflict of interests with some members of the NWDA?

There was a rumour doing the rounds that if we agree to share a stadium then it is likely we won't use the current contractors and indeed may use one that has some senior NWDA members on it's board of Directors.

Any truth in this?

Steve did a piece a while ago on the connections to Preston North End. Made interesting reading but I'm not sure if the links still exist.

Interesting quotes from the Guardian below who did an analysis on Man United's books.

But one of the stubborn Premier League ironies has been that, although the clubs have indeed become huge global names, for all the Far East tie-ups and US tours clubs have found it difficult to turn this worldwide interest in football into cash. Of United's £157m total income last year, just £383,000, 0.24%, was made commercially overseas.

Around a third of United's income, £48.4m, came from media rights and £42.4m from commercial activities. The largest earner by far, £66.3m, was made in one nondescript corner of the globe, Stretford, from an old-fashioned activity colloquially known as "going to the match". For all the talk of world markets, as the stadium expands to 75,000 capacity the Glazers' plans rely hugely on demand holding up at Old Trafford.

FACT: The 'Asian' Market makes fuck all.

FACT: The big money is on the gate.

FACT: We need a bigger stadium and more locals going to the game.

According to this article that is.....

Interesting quotes from the Guardian below who did an analysis on Man United's books.

But one of the stubborn Premier League ironies has been that, although the clubs have indeed become huge global names, for all the Far East tie-ups and US tours clubs have found it difficult to turn this worldwide interest in football into cash. Of United's £157m total income last year, just £383,000, 0.24%, was made commercially overseas.

Around a third of United's income, £48.4m, came from media rights and £42.4m from commercial activities. The largest earner by far, £66.3m, was made in one nondescript corner of the globe, Stretford, from an old-fashioned activity colloquially known as "going to the match". For all the talk of world markets, as the stadium expands to 75,000 capacity the Glazers' plans rely hugely on demand holding up at Old Trafford.

FACT: The 'Asian' Market makes fuck all.

FACT: The big money is on the gate.

FACT: We need a bigger stadium and more locals going to the game.

According to this article that is.....

In fairness Rash that's what Steve (Rushian) has been saying for a long time now.

[/b]

In fairness Rash that's what Steve (Rushian) has been saying for a long time now.

Yeah and I have attacked them for it, so I posted this as it is only fair. I don't want to hide!

This sort of negates our need for a Shinawatra and more of a guy like Morgan or Kraft who can helo finance a new stadium and work off the spin offs from that.