You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lord Frodsham

Rashid

Just read on RAWK.

Times reporter just rang into Talksport saying that Liverpool are speaking to Lyon and Marseille about Cisse. He also said that Owen will not go to Newcastle and Parry will tie up the deal tonight. The Times is Owen's newspaper and they will have a big interview with him tomorrow apparently.

Back to Cisse, I think it will be really sad if we get rid.

1. Come back from a seriously bad injury.

2. Barely given a chance up front.

3. Absolutely loves the club.

4. Adapted to England perfectly.

5. Deserves at least one fit season here.

If he has to go I'd prefer it to be on loan, I think a good run somewhere may get his sharpness back and I'd love for him to return even better.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

The Times sponsors the programme on there called "The Game". Its Sports supplement is called "The Game". As part of the programme some from The Times rings in with tomorrows news and features in the paper. Pretty good to be honest. Plus Matt Dickinson of the Times is close to Owen.

The Times sponsors the programme on there called "The Game". Its Sports supplement is called "The Game". As part of the programme some from The Times rings in with tomorrows news and features in the paper. Pretty good to be honest. Plus Matt Dickinson of the Times is close to Owen.

man that sounds odd..but I'll take your word for it

Kudos to Owen, engineered his way and is doing likewise to come back.

Just read on RAWK.

Times reporter just rang into Talksport saying that Liverpool are speaking to Lyon and Marseille about Cisse. He also said that Owen will not go to Newcastle and Parry will tie up the deal tonight. The Times is Owen's newspaper and they will have a big interview with him tomorrow apparently.

Back to Cisse, I think it will be really sad if we get rid.

1. Come back from a seriously bad injury.

2. Barely given a chance up front.

3. Absolutely loves the club.

4. Adapted to England perfectly.

5. Deserves at least one fit season here.

If he has to go I'd prefer it to be on loan, I think a good run somewhere may get his sharpness back and I'd love for him to return even better.

Agree with that, I feel sorry for Cisse. Last player who I can remember who buzzed off being a Liverpool player as much as Djib was Mad Erik.

Agree with that, I feel sorry for Cisse. Last player who I can remember who buzzed off being a Liverpool player as much as Djib was Mad Erik.

Now they would have been a real handful

Looks like Owen's not going to newcastle as they have just agreed a fee for Luque of 10m

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=301950&cpid=23&CLID=&lid=2&title=NEWCASTLE+AGREE+LUQUE+FEE&channel=football_home

so its us at 8m or no one for Owen

Wouldn't surprise me if all this "Cissé out" is coming from Owen and SFX.

I feel very strongly about this. Cissé hasn't been given a proper chance in my opinion, and I believe that both Robbie and Rushie would struggle to score in the present team as we are hardly creating anything.

As for Talksport - bunch of c*nts founded by the most worthless piece of vermin EVER. FACT.

Now they would have been a real handful

Looks like Owen's not going to newcastle as they have just agreed a fee for Luque of 10m

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=301950&cpid=23&CLID=&lid=2&title=NEWCASTLE+AGREE+LUQUE+FEE&channel=football_home

so its us at 8m or no one for Owen

When I heard of Newcastle's bid I thought two things:

1) Where have they got the money from?

And,

2) Is this a tactic to force Deportivo's hand in terms of Luque?

Looks like I was right on the latter.

True, and the inflated transfer fee isn't his fault, either. But it was an horrendous piece of business.

It's very easy to dye your head red, wear outrageous suits and talk about how much you love the club, but it's on the field where you prove your love. And at no point have I been convinced.

I've read all the interviews and all that but running after a ball shouldn't be beyond him. Similarly, I wasn't too impressed with the way he sought solo glory in the final of the Champs by smashing ridiculous 30 yarders when keeping the ball was more important.

No. he hasn't had much of a chance, but I would take the money and run.

True, and the inflated transfer fee isn't his fault, either. But it was an horrendous piece of business.

It's very easy to dye your head red, wear outrageous suits and talk about how much you love the club, but it's on the field where you prove your love. And at no point have I been convinced.

I've read all the interviews and all that but running after a ball shouldn't be beyond him. Similarly, I wasn't too impressed with the way he sought solo glory in the final of the Champs by smashing ridiculous 30 yarders when keeping the ball was more important.

i dont agree with your views on cisse however anything near 10m is just too good to turn down

Thing is Beni we are not going to get anything like the money we paid for him. I've seen him play when his confidence is high, he can be a truly awesome player, he really can.

I've seen him give defenders yards and accelerate past them before smashing one in. I've seen overhead kicks, he is no Diouf.

He's got the pace and power to be good in England, and more importantly he wants it. He has to be given another season and upfront.

I really want him to show that he can do it, as I genuinely think it's all there.

People say his first touch is bad, but Owen's is much worse.

I just think we have to give him another season. Morientes must have played as many games as Djibril yet no one is calling for him to be moved on (and rightly).

I really don't want Owen at the expense of Cissé.

Wouldn't surprise me if all this "Cissé out" is coming from Owen and SFX.

I feel very strongly about this. Cissé hasn't been given a proper chance in my opinion, and I believe that both Robbie and Rushie would struggle to score in the present team as we are hardly creating anything.

As for Talksport - bunch of c*nts founded by the most worthless piece of vermin EVER. FACT.

I agree. It's a fuckin travisty if Cisse isn't given a season to prove himself.

Maybe he's just too eager to impress but he just seems to hit the thing and hope. It's well documented that at Auxerre the team played entirely to his strengths, but that is never going to happen under Rafa. I would actually be relieved if we got 10 for him and used it towards a quality right winger.

He's a player that confuses me. He has shown what has appeared to be brilliance. I'm thinking of the goal against Spurs last season and the similarly instictive strike against Kaunas (sp?). But then can look as lost out there as Sean Dundee. And I never get the feeling he's going to beat a keeper from a one on one, which is incredible when he cost 14 million. I don't waht to harp on about Ged as the past is the past, but how on this earth was that deal sanctioned?

Agree with much of what is being expressed on here. I'll be gutted if Cisse is shipped out to make way for Owen. Not just because I like the guy, but because I really think he could do a good job for us if given the chance. Baros leaving I could just about understand, but this is a bit too much.

Anyone who doesn't rate Cisse hasn't seen him play at the top of his game.

I'd rather not buy Owen if it's at the expense of Cisse.

Don't take this personally, but that is ridiculous. Ok, Owen upped and left us, but I don't think many fans realised how good he really was until he was gone.

I don't think we have been this poorly blessed with strikers since before the age of St John.