You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lord Frodsham

Rashid

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand selling Cisse for Cash but not to send him out on loan what happens when Ledley king breaks MO leg (now that would be ironic wouldnt it)

the only reason to send out cisse on loan is to justify Rafa's public statement, he just has to say he changed his mind etc, makes no sense to send him out on loan

the idea we would sign a 14 million pound player out on loan sounds ridiculous ,I can only assume if he goes it will be becos we are selling him .

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too. It wouldn't make any sense to lose an option unless we stood to gain from it.

Guest big wayne
Yeah that's what i'm thinking too. It wouldn't make any sense to lose an option unless we stood to gain from it.

but what can we do if no one has the money to buy him. we spent a lot of money on him, and with Owen coming back, £40k a week is a lot to pay a reserve. sending him on loan may be no more than a cost cutting exercise

I can understand selling Cisse for Cash but not to send him out on loan what happens when Ledley king breaks MO leg (now that would be ironic wouldnt it)

the only reason to send out cisse on loan is to justify Rafa's public statement, he just has to say he changed his mind etc, makes no sense to send him out on loan

'And isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

It's like raiiiiiinnnnn, on your wedding day

it's like Ledley King breaking Michael Owens leg......'

Nah it doesn't work....

Just got back from holiday and the whole Cisse thing is a major pisser - was hoping it was just tabloid bollocks. Seems to me we're a long way off seeing the best of Cisse and he has the sort of attitude and approach we need.

This Rafalution business sure ain't comfortable. I could live with it all if it wasn't to get that mercenary engerland dwarf back to replace His Lordship - he forfeited his rights as far as I'm concerned.

but what can we do if no one has the money to buy him. we spent a lot of money on him, and with Owen coming back, £40k a week is a lot to pay a reserve. sending him on loan may be no more than a cost cutting exercise

but we've cut costs big style this summer already and as already posted if Owen got crocked you would want a similar type of replacement as Morientes looks like he will never ever be a premierhsip striker

The cost cutting would only be minimal though surely?

It would save us about a million. I'd rather keep him for the option.

Preseason there have been 3 oustanding players Cisse, Sissoko & Gerrard.

Cisse was dropped in favour of the awful Morientes (presumably to keep him from kicking off) but never kicked off and just knuckled down and the only time his form was effected was when the press spec started to happen and the fact Rafa didnt quash it in the PCs and just gave Baros type standard answers

Guest big wayne
The cost cutting would only be minimal though surely?

It would save us about a million. I'd rather keep him for the option.

about three million apparantly, coupled with the Baros money should pay for Owen. i'm as baffled and confused as you are, and i am beginning to get the impression that had we not actually won the champions league and qualified again this year, we would have been in financial dire straits

Guest big wayne
To the people saying that we should trust in Rafa's "plan", please give me one reason why Morientes deserves to be here and Cisse doesn't?

It looks to me like Rafa playing favourites, and I don't like it.

so should we sack him and let the fans pick the team?

To the people saying that we should trust in Rafa's "plan", please give me one reason why Morientes deserves to be here and Cisse doesn't?

It looks to me like Rafa playing favourites, and I don't like it.

I did it earlier in the thread, Morientes is worthless and cant even be given away and Rafa has to justify the signing after getting the board to sign him.

I would hate to see him go as I like what I see and hear off the pitch.

He can develop into a top class player. Do we have time to wait those couple of years for him to mature? If Rafa gets an acceptable price for Cisse which enables him to strengthen (and then I really mean strenghten) other areas that are more in need of strenghtening, then I say sell him. If not, give him a chance

That's a silly retort

I trust in Rafa but in time like Josemi, Rafa will drop him and i believe he wont be here next season.

Managers are allowed to make mistakes and Rafa's good signings have more than compensated for his bad ones.

Morientes is still class just wont make it in the prem under Rafa's preferred system

Obviously not, but the point still stands. Cisse has done more to deserve to stay at the club than Morientes has - and I honestly thought that Morientes would come good and score 15+ goals for us this season. I'm not saying it because I dislike the guy or because I think he's a shit player, but let's face it, he's done fuck all since he came here, and he doesn't look like doing much either.

I can only assume that this is something to do with the finances, and if that's the case then the board need to have a long hard look at themselves, because a lot of people are going to be pissed off over this.

Can I ask why the fuck we are talking about money? Where has our money gone? Where is the investment? It makes me sick to think of our financial plight considering our position...

i have some sympathy with the questions you are asking but they are unhelpful now, come September 1st we will know the true position and at that point its a great debate, my view is very clear the club havent yet commented on how they intend to plug the 23m shortfall from the NWDA but lets have that debate on thursday