You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baros must be sold asap

coop

This guy is obviously wanting to do a bosman and is going to cos the club millions. Some reports state that Lyon were prepared to pay £10 million for him but he has refused to play for them. The worst thing that happened was when he became the top goalscorer in Euro 2004 because he really believes he is one of europes top strikers and i dont believe he is.

Sell him even if we only get £5 million, its more then were gonna get in a few months time

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair he doesn't want to play for Houllier, and valencia dropped out which leaves him high and dry. Would you leave the European champs to go somewhere you really don't wanna be?

As for him doing a Bosman, I haven't seen any talk of the club offering him a new deal. He's also one of the lowest paid players in the first team, so if it was about money he could have gone to Lyon.

I agree that Baros has an overinflated sense of his status. I genuinely believe that he thought the likes of Barcelona would be in for him. He has to go as can you imagine how many "unhappy" interviews he will give if he is as appears likely 4th choice striker.

I can see what yer saying Dave about him not wanting to sign for Houllier after what he said about him after he had left but last season he was moaning about wanting to be 1st choice striker otherwise he is off but imho he is atm 3rd choice here now and either we are pricing him out of a move or the guy just wants to do a bosman

Can't believe the ammount of people who think Baros should be shipped out of the club this summer. I still think he is the best striker we have in our squad, and who is to say that with a good rest over the summer he will not recapture his Euro 2004 form once more. He was our outstanding player until November when he got his injury, and ran every single defence we came up against ragged. He did a good job in Europe, being our only fit striker for most of the campaign. He is still young and if we get rid now it could be something we come to regret.

as opposed to him having a very good season then leaving for nothing?

Maybe him saying that he wants to see out his contract is being misinterpretated. Maybe he has decided he wants to stay and fight for his place and doesn't want to leave. To make the conclusion that he is aiming to run out his contract in order to leave the club so he can make himself a more attractive proposition for more clubs is very harsh to a player who gives 100% every time he plays.

imho he is atm 3rd choice here now and either we are pricing him out of a move or the guy just wants to do a bosman

Why is he third choice striker ? - Cisse and Morientes are almost totally unproven - great potential granted but its Baros who made by far the greatest impact last season. He didn't score that many goals but he scared the shit out of some top class defences and made opportunities for others. His form and confidence dipped towards the end of the season, but don't forget that spell he had mid-season when he was absolutely mustard eg v the Arse.

I don't think we should sell him unless we get a decent fee to enable us to replace him with someone of similar quality. He is still young and could develop a lot further.

Maybe him saying that he wants to see out his contract is being misinterpretated. Maybe he has decided he wants to stay and fight for his place and doesn't want to leave. To make the conclusion that he is aiming to run out his contract in order to leave the club so he can make himself a more attractive proposition for more clubs is very harsh to a player who gives 100% every time he plays

I'd agree if he was saying i want to earn a new contract. He wanted to leave last summer though, if he has a good season he will want to go again.

with the exception of maybe Lyon nobody actually wants Baros, if he was as good as he thinks he is he should have teams hammering down LFCs door to buy him but thats not the case.

Personally we need to be realistic here and lower the asking price, but even then im not sure there would be any takers

We're judging on the fact that Rafa tends to substitute him an awful lot and all the vibes in the press suggest that Rafa doesn't rate him that highly. Also for me he doesn't do it in our biggest games. I love him for his workrate but his lack of awareness for an International player is poor.

Also IMO it isn't Liverpool style to put faith in a player who is plainly only staying because no clubs he considers good enough have came in for him.

Why is he third choice striker ? - Cisse and Morientes are almost totally unproven - great potential granted but its Baros who made by far the greatest impact last season. He didn't score that many goals but he scared the shit out of some top class defences and made opportunities for others. His form and confidence dipped towards the end of the season, but don't forget that spell he had mid-season when he was absolutely mustard eg v the Arse.

I don't think we should sell him unless we get a decent fee to enable us to replace him with someone of similar quality. He is still young and could develop a lot further.

Glad someone agrees with me. Baros is a very good player. I would rather see him start the season as our main srtiker than Cise for certain. Not writing off Cisse by any means, but Baros is surely one of the most talented young strikers in Europe, where Cisse seems to have pace and not much more from what we have seen of him in his very short anfield career.

The same people writing of Baros are the ones who were so vehemently campaigning for him to be in the first team 2 years ago, when he was a FAR LESS DEVELOPED player than he is now.

I would be very sad to see him go regardless of current contract situation.

No one is disagreeing on Baros as a player, he has potential and is improving, but if he's gonna stay we should get him to sign a new contract to prevent him leaving for nothing.

If he plays really well this season and gets the chance to go on a free, he will go and once again we will lose funds for rebuilding and a player.

The bottom lline is Rafa wants players who can play in his system and thats why Baros along with others will be casualties this summer. he talks in glowing terms abour Nando and Cisse and has nothiing to say about Baros. He obviously doesnt trust Milan.

Baros will only play this season if we have horrendous injuries again, personally i think he will be gone by the start of the season.

. He obviously doesnt trust Milan.

Baros will only play this season if we have horrendous injuries again, personally i think he will be gone by the start of the season.

Been speaking to Rafa again have we. Can you explain Rafa's "system" that Milan doesn't fit into for me. Why would Cisse fit in and Baros not if they are similar players?????

What if Cisse doesn't prove to be a hit next year, and El Morro also cant adapt. The year that Morientes scored alot of goals in Europe for Monaco, he didnt manage too many in the league - much less than Cisse and Drogba. I rate Morientes highly in European Competiton, but am still unconvinced wheter he will be able to cut it in the premiership..

If Baros stays I think he will be a very important player for us next season - after all if we have a good season we will be playing 60 odd games so will need at least 3 quality strikers.

Glad someone agrees with me. Baros is a very good player. I would rather see him start the season as our main srtiker than Cise for certain. Not writing off Cisse by any means, but Baros is surely one of the most talented young strikers in Europe, where Cisse seems to have pace and not much more from what we have seen of him in his very short anfield career.

The same people writing of Baros are the ones who were so vehemently campaigning for him to be in the first team 2 years ago, when he was a FAR LESS DEVELOPED player than he is now.

I would be very sad to see him go regardless of current contract situation.

Baros is talented but belives all his own hype and that is his possibly his major problem. I have to point out your comment on Cisse, we have not been able to see much of Cisse due to the broken leg so saying Cisse only has pace is a bit wrong in my opinion (but that's what this forum is all about, opinion even though some people do take offence when they are not agreed with). Cisse has a love for the game and the club and I dont feel we see that from Baros. Baros played like he was the one who had nearly had his career finished last season nt Cisse. his goal return after chrimbo was poor and I think it is right that he is sold, wouldnt push him out but would wait till the right offer comes in. Now he is the top scorer from the euro championships and he has not followed that through to club form. I though tafter that tournament he would do it for us finally but no once again he lost interest very quickly but got to play more games than any other forward last season. I think it is a shame that he has not produced his national form for us. So it is a good thing that he goes wether it is know or in the summer.

Your 3 strikers will be Cisse, Nando and one other ie Kuyt or Crouch.

As for Rafa's system you only have to watch his valencia team to see the way he would like to play. Baros's biggest problem is he dosent seem to be able to form an understanding with any of his partners and join in the team play.

anyway its Rafa's decision and the fact he probably doesnt want him doesnt make him a bad player it just means Rafa thinks there are other players that would make the team work better.

As for Rafa's system you only have to watch his valencia team to see the way he would like to play. Baros's biggest problem is he dosent seem to be able to form an understanding with any of his partners and join in the team play.

You are avoiding my question. Why would Cisse fit into Rafa's system and Baros not. You yourself have said before that they are very similar players.

Has Cisse got more teamwork about his game than Baros. Not from what I have seen at all. When he gets the ball he wants to run with it which is fair enough, but to say that he is more of a team player than Baros is just wrong.

You are avoiding my question. Why would Cisse fit into Rafa's system and Baros not. You yourself have said before that they are very similar players.

Has Cisse got more teamwork about his game than Baros. Not from what I have seen at all. When he gets the ball he wants to run with it which is fair enough, but to say that he is more of a team player than Baros is just wrong.

Cisse has more awareness of people around him than Baros, the only player i've seen Baros form an understanding with last season was Harry Kewell of all people.

Personally i think Cisse is more of a team player than Baros, thats my opinon and you have yours.

Baros is talented but belives all his own hype and that is his possibly his major problem. I have to point out your comment on Cisse, we have not been able to see much of Cisse due to the broken leg so saying Cisse only has pace is a bit wrong in my opinion (but that's what this forum is all about, opinion even though some people do take offence when they are not agreed with). Cisse has a love for the game and the club and I dont feel we see that from Baros. Baros played like he was the one who had nearly had his career finished last season nt Cisse. his goal return after chrimbo was poor and I think it is right that he is sold, wouldnt push him out but would wait till the right offer comes in. Now he is the top scorer from the euro championships and he has not followed that through to club form. I though tafter that tournament he would do it for us finally but no once again he lost interest very quickly but got to play more games than any other forward last season. I think it is a shame that he has not produced his national form for us. So it is a good thing that he goes wether it is know or in the summer.

I was watching the Brazil confederations cup game on tape last night and heard that Adriano has only scored 2 since christmas, but there would be no suggestion that he should be sold by inter.

A lot of Baros' problems will surely have come from being the only hope we had, if he missed it meant so much more than normal, and whereas normally if he had of missed, aonther stiker might have scored later so we didnt notice so much.

the worry is him leaving for free, personally i would try and get him to sign another year, if he will.

Nobody is a bigger Baros fan than me, he's our best forward but it's clear that Rafa doesn't want him. In which case, he should be sold as quick as possible before his valuation plummets as his contract runs down. Let's hope we're not heading for another Macca/Owen scenario.