You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Moyes taking the piss here?

Hermes

Quite a few Liverpool supporters said they hoped Liverpool would field an "attacking" team with two strikers. The reason is that Milan struggled with PSV when PSV decided to attack, but coped well when PSV sat back to defend and counter-attack.

I don't think the starting line-up was a mistake. What was a mistake was to keep attacking as if only 10 minutes were left when we actually had 89 minutes to get an equaliser.

Agreed Erik, Rafa's game plan was only a mistake because we went 1-0 down early on and then lost Kewell. Had that not been the case, who knows?

Do people really think that all Rafa did was talk about an early goal? Was it really Gerrard who decided to play himself further forward and get into positions to win headers and penalties? FFS, how can anyone criticise Rafa after Istanbul? best supporters in the world? I often wonder!!! How about Gerrard going to right back when Rui Costa came on, I suppose that was nothing to do with Rafa..........fcukin muppets! :no

Agreed Erik, Rafa's game plan was only a mistake because we went 1-0 down early on and then lost Kewell. Had that not been the case, who knows?

Do people really think that all Rafa did was talk about an early goal? Was it really Gerrard who decided to play himself further forward and get into positions to win headers and penalties? FFS, how can anyone criticise Rafa after Istanbul? best supporters in the world? I often wonder!!! How about Gerrard going to right back when Rui Costa came on, I suppose that was nothing to do with Rafa..........fcukin muppets! :no

Gerrard went right back when the brazilian lad came on (the guy that missed the first pen)

I was well concerned before ko that kewell was starting ( better watch my tongue in case he's reading),but no matter what anyone says about his tactics going horribly wrong at such a early stage ,there is no way that we would have come close to pulling back that deficit a year earlier.NP is right,Houlliers players ,Rafa's TEAM

Gerrard went right back when the brazilian lad came on (the guy that missed the first pen)

I was well concerned before ko that kewell was starting ( better watch my tongue in case he's reading),but no matter what anyone says about his tactics going horribly wrong at such a early stage ,there is no way that we would have come close to pulling back that deficit a year earlier.NP is right,Houlliers players ,Rafa's TEAM

Sorry, you're right, I meant Serginho.

I too was concerned that Hamman wasn't starting but if that first goal hadn't gone in and Kewell never got injured, who knows? Hind sight is a wonderful thing and its very easy for us to say he got his tactics wrong in the first half because the half ended 3-0. I trust Rafa, the man has given me the best moment I have ever experienced in 20 years of going the game, he has done that in his first season, he has alot to get wrong before I will criticise him or lose faith. He WILL make mistakes but he deserves our full support, negativity breads negativity, support the manager, support the team and let him lead us to number 19!

Sorry, you're right, I meant Serginho.

I too was concerned that Hamman wasn't starting but if that first goal hadn't gone in and Kewell never got injured, who knows? Hind sight is a wonderful thing and its very easy for us to say he got his tactics wrong in the first half because the half ended 3-0. I trust Rafa, the man has given me the best moment I have ever experienced in 20 years of going the game, he has done that in his first season, he has alot to get wrong before I will criticise him or lose faith. He WILL make mistakes but he deserves our full support, negativity breads negativity, support the manager, support the team and let him lead us to number 19!

I too trust Rafa but he is fallible. He made a mistake not so much by playing Kewelll but by lining up against arguably the team with the best central attacking threat in the world without a recognised defensive midfielder. You cannot at any level leave the space in front of your defenders that we did.afa

However in his defence I feel he only made this un Rafa like gamble because he felt in a one off game against a team who if we played a more defensve style would almost certainly break us down eventualy, we had to be bold.

Also as has been said a goal in the first minute ruins any tactical gameplan.

I too trust Rafa but he is fallible. He made a mistake not so much by playing Kewelll but by lining up against arguably the team with the best central attacking threat in the world without a recognised defensive midfielder. You cannot at any level leave the space in front of your defenders that we did.afa

However in his defence I feel he only made this un Rafa like gamble because he felt in a one off game against a team who if we played a more defensve style would almost certainly break us down eventualy, we had to be bold.

Also as has been said a goal in the first minute ruins any tactical gameplan.

I am not saying he isn't fallible, I am saying support him, if he is taking stick for winning us the Champions League with an average squad and assisting in the greatest European Final ever witnessed, god help him if we end a season trophyless.....

How profound, none of us thought of that did we?

He screwed up with his original selection, leaving Didi out and playing kewell. The whole world saw it as a mistake before the game, why didn't Rafa?

Hermes did you watch the whole of the second half, extra time and penalties without noticing that Hamman came on at half-time? I feel sorry if you paid all that money and your aged eyes let you down. Rafa did see it, Hamman was brought on.

HERMES, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOUR EYES WERE BAD? WE WOULD HAVE USED THIS FONT ALL ALONG.

Come on drewy lad, we won the cup which is great but surely you'd rather have constructive criticism than blind faith? Rafa did make a balls up and for the first time in his life Stevie G played like the captain everyone wished he could be and rallied the rest of the team, that time. We didn't come out of the dressing room storming. It was Gerrard's goal and his determination which inspired the lads to fight back. Ultimately, I have faith in Rafa but I certainly don't think he was anything close to mercurial on that barmy night in Istanbul.

So when we're 3-0 down it's due to Rafa's tactics, but when he changes them around and we come back to win the game it's down to Steven Gerrard? Sorry Skeet, I'm not buying that.

Come on drewy lad, we won the cup which is great but surely you'd rather have constructive criticism than blind faith? Rafa did make a balls up and for the first time in his life Stevie G played like the captain everyone wished he could be and rallied the rest of the team, that time. We didn't come out of the dressing room storming. It was Gerrard's goal and his determination which inspired the lads to fight back. Ultimately, I have faith in Rafa but I certainly don't think he was anything close to mercurial on that barmy night in Istanbul.

your remarks are disrespectul at best and if poor Rash had posted such a load of complete and utter bollox he would have been slated on here for that.

i do agree Rash sometimes gets a bashing because who he is and sometimes because he deserves it but your disrespectful comments towards Rafa are worse than anything recently from Rash.