You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2024

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Ritson absolutely blasted through the domestic scene, had him down as a potential world champion but as soon as stepped up he was found out. 

I thought him and Josh Taylor were on a collision course.

Nice jab, aggressive fighter and Sky/Matchroom were all in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kevin D said:

It was strange as usually only the elite guys make mincemeat of current British champions etc. Scott Cardle was pretty shit to be fair though, maybe the standard at the time was piss poor.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

It was strange as usually only the elite guys make mincemeat of current British champions etc. Scott Cardle was pretty shit to be fair though, maybe the standard at the time was piss poor.

I think he had something at 135lbs, but he’s too small for 140lbs and his susceptibility to the body was ruthlessly exposed by Patera.

At that point, the book was out.

13 hours ago, Elite said:

Ritson absolutely blasted through the domestic scene, had him down as a potential world champion but as soon as stepped up he was found out. 

Me too mate. Really liked him too, but Patera unlocked the tactics, which wasn’t a huge secret really - jabbed, one two and rolled away. Ritson spent the rest of that fight and most of his career walking in straight lines after people

13 hours ago, Kevin D said:

12 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I think he had something at 135lbs, but he’s too small for 140lbs and his susceptibility to the body was ruthlessly exposed by Patera.

At that point, the book was out.

It was weird the way he suddenly started walking through people on that British belt run. And it stopped out of nowhere when he got to European at 135 too.

I never understood why he went up to be honest - he never looked like he struggled for the weight and was actually fairly fleshy round the middle, then more so at 140.

Great nights though and a really good lad

I shall see you, sir, and raise you:

(1:08-2:48)

Best press conference ever that. Fucking brilliant. I watch that at least three times a year when I’ve had a bevvy.

Epitomises Scouse humour and characteristics that. Love it

”Im made up you’ve gone like this, because I used to think you were half alright, but you’re not, you’re a fucking blurt” is amazing

• Upvote 1

Can't mention Ritson without this gem.

Haha. Ritson Hyland for me. What an atmosphere and what an unexpected fight and result!

37 seconds. 

In and out between rounds, just a masterful piece of business.

It simply could not have gone any better:

Just superb. “And you are, getting it”

13 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I shall see you, sir, and raise you:

(1:08-2:48)

Just watched that again - so funny. All the Liverpool boxers buzzing off big Pricey rinsing Kash and his gobshite mates is so good

1 hour ago, Curly said:

Scott Fitzgerald by the way - I thought he was going to do something before he ended up being an absolute case

Yeah looked good despite not living the life and being a bit crazy. He didn't dominate the likes of Fowler and Cheeseman though, so couldn't have seen him going beyond European.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

From what I've seen of Clarke, Wardley will stop him.

Seems very ponderous for an Olympic medallist.

Wardley coming through white collar boxing shows there is no one guaranteed route to titles.

Feel a bit sorry for Wardley's first opponents who were expecting to fight a fat 47 year old accountant just to get their girlfriend randy.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Going to get flat lined this Whittaker when he steps up. Not enough power.

Never have I wanted a boxer to land a lucky knockout shot more than during that fight. Preferably while Whitaker was showboating.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Never have I wanted a boxer to land a lucky knockout shot more than during that fight. Preferably while Whitaker was showboating.

Absolute prick, he's fighting very low-level opponents. If you're going to do that shite, at least save it for someone good.

• Upvote 2