You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Feb 3-5 2024)

image.jpeg

One of the worst weekends in a long time for us. We don’t lose many, only two this season, but when we lose to Arsenal and then basically everyone who we don’t to win, wins, that just makes it much worse.

There isn’t one result that even gave me the tiniest little bit of consolation, it’s just proper shit. Chelsea got beat but they're so irrelevant now I genuinely don't care. They're 11th, the deadbeats.

I suppose the only result that went the way I wanted it to was at Goodison. Most of you were probably pissed off when that late equaliser went in, and usually I would be. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely did not want Spurs to win, even if it was against the Blues. Just shows you how much beef I still have with them after what happened at their place.

They led though Richarlison but the Blues levelled from a corner (of course they did). Richarlison scored again, and Everton almost equalised again from another corner. I’ve mentioned a lot how Dyche has turned them into Burnley, but his own assistant manager described them this week as “Burnley on steroids”. The only “juicing” Everton are doing is with their books, but it’s a fair description. Just not one I’d expect to come from Everton’s assistant manager. Would never have happened on Kenwright’s watch that.

From the “School of Science” to “Burnley on steroids”, poor Bill will be spinning in his grave at that. Spurs had chances to win it but they didn’t take them and paid the price right at the death.

This might shock you but I wanted Everton to equalise and was laughing when Branthwaite bundled in from a set-piece (of course). Don’t get me wrong, when it went to a VAR check I then began to think how side splittingly funny it would be if it was disallowed, but yes, I wanted them to equalise as I wanted a draw. Not because I’m worried about Spurs catching us. I just hate seeing them win games because I’ve developed an intense dislike for that cunt manager. I can’t even look at him, he makes my blood boil almost as much as Son, Romero and Richarlison.

Of course I’d suck all of that up and I’d have been rooting for a Spurs win if it was directly going to send Everton down, but the only way they’re going down is if they get another points deduction, so my gut feeling was that I didn’t want either side to win because fuck Spurs.

The whole Richarlison love in is proper sickening though. Everton are such bad cucks where he’s concerned. Clapping him when he scored and getting all emotional because of his fake ‘non celebration / apology’ nonsense. Losers.

View full article

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

The whole Rucharlison thing is hilarious. When he scored the first goal he took off running to celebrate, suddenly remembered where he was, then stopped and did that stupid bow. Fucking disingenuous twat.

• Upvote 1

How come Gusto didn’t get a (2nd) yellow for that penalty? Even in games I don’t care much about, the inconsistency is infuriating. He should have had straight red a few weeks ago against Fulham too. 

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

The whole Rucharlison thing is hilarious. When he scored the first goal he took off running to celebrate, suddenly remembered where he was, then stopped and did that stupid bow. Fucking disingenuous twat.

He did the same for the second, didn't he? Fucking goldfish.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, DaveT said:

How come Gusto didn’t get a (2nd) yellow for that penalty? Even in games I don’t care much about, the inconsistency is infuriating. He should have had straight red a few weeks ago against Fulham too. 

I assumed because the ref didn't give it and VAR couldn't intervene on a yellow. Don't know why the ref doesn't book him though if he whistled for a pen (which I think he did?).

38 minutes ago, dave u said:

I assumed because the ref didn't give it and VAR couldn't intervene on a yellow. Don't know why the ref doesn't book him though if he whistled for a pen (which I think he did?).

Yeah, he gave the penalty after Gusto wiped him out. Certain yellow anywhere else on the pitch. 

• dave u unpinned this topic