You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our next manager, your choice, the poll.

Code

Who do you want as our next manager? The poll.  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our new manager

• Xabi Alonso
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Luis Enrique
    • Michel Sánchez
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 31/05/24 at 13:10

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

With Klopp we have winning stuff, good football, and a hugely charismatic personality. There isn't anyone else at the top level who does/has all three. Basically all choices look uninspiring compared to Klopp. 

Inzaghi and Simeone, for example, are excellent managers. With the former we'd get good football and winning stuff, but he'd be a bit dull. With Simeone you'd get winning stuff and "but he'd be our cunt", but the football would be shit on a stick. There aren't many managers who have a huge CV of winning stuff at the top level at the moment because Ancellotti, Zidane, Guardiola and Klopp have hoovered most stuff up over the last decade. So, you can go with the next level down and hope they make the step up - like an Emery. Or take a punt on someone slightly less experienced but in the hope their ceiling is higher.

I'm fairly serene about the shit news today. I despise modern football and it has killed almost all emotion for the game that I had. From the one upmanship "banter" of twitter fandom to the agents to VAR, it's all dog shit. Klopp is a great man and a great manager, and he has single handedly kept the interest I do have and kept a flicker of emotion towards the game but I basically just wish him the best and am happy he chose to spend the best part of a decade with us. I hope he spends the next 12 months having long walks in the Black Forest and sunbathing in the med with his family. He deserves a year off from modern football.

I’d forgotten about Simeone. Not going to happen but would potentially be enjoyable in its own brutal way. Jota and Robertson immediate captain and vice captain.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

I’d forgotten about Simeone. Not going to happen but would potentially be enjoyable in its own brutal way. Jota and Robertson immediate captain and vice captain.

Up the shithouse reds

• Haha 1

The good thing about Simeone would be the 4th officials shitting themselves at his assistant. Or some dickhead like Arteta or Lampard trying to get in his face and seeing this guy get off the bench

8b381287-d230-4919-b7d8-81a468bf94e9_16-9-discover-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Hahahaha. 

44 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No thanks

Achieved little at club level barring ine year in the champions league. And led the most talented team about to trophies as France manager. 

Deschamps has been successful wherever he has been. 

IMG_9864.jpeg

I'd love to put my weight behind Xabi but fuck me it's premature. 

Surely a big part of being a top manager is how you operate under pressure, and we haven't seen him get to the vinegar strokes yet. 

I'd have Emery on the list, the rest is up for grabs for the rest of the season, but I've got the sneaking suspicion that we've already made approaches for someone. 

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Deschamps has been successful wherever he has been. 

IMG_9864.jpeg

We are not a club looking to win the odd cup, but to challenge for the league. 

At Marseille he took over the 2nd best team in France and finished 1/2/10th and won the French cup. 

At Monaco finished 15/2/3/3rd and had one great run in the Champions league

Winning Serie B with that Juventus squad even with the points deduction means nothing 

And most of that was 15/20 years ago

His football is also terrible

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Do you not think that Klopp might look at Barca in 12 months?  I think he's more likely there than Madrid. Xavi has credit in the bank to keep him there a while 

Fans are turning on Xavi pretty quickly

Don't think he would fit at Barcelona at all, they are a picky bunch of twats and want to play a certain way and its all small possession based type players right down the ranks and youth teams. Klopp would want the big 6ft types we have who will play a different style/

Assuming he will continue as a coach “elsewhere” at some point.

I reckon the German National team boss or Bayern Munich manager are possibly next on his list maybe?

When he’s gone, we could be fucked, so enjoy the next few months, I can’t see anyone coming in and taking the reins over easily, we aren’t that lucky!

I can’t reconcile why Klopp and his staff will be walking at the same time. Something odd there.
We’ve had this before (Kenny, Bob, Rafa,Bill) so probably no reason why we can’t overcome his departure again. However, I think he’s a generational talent and won’t be replaced easily.