You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso: Welcome back to Anfield.

Elite

16 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You are all aware Bayer has been in the CL before?

Who you referring to? I was commenting on de zerbi/Bayern, not bayer.

I'm sure everyone remembers Zidane's volley.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I went after Babb again.

Fair enough, don't think anything he said was wrong though, they would be first time bundesliga champs wouldn't they? Mad they've never won it with the talent they bring through.

26 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Fair enough, don't think anything he said was wrong though, they would be first time bundesliga champs wouldn't they? Mad they've never won it with the talent they bring through.

Sorry, I thought it was about winning the CL as the next challenge. 

Bayern are flooding the zone with these reports. Plettenberg with Alonso, who is basically a German Romano and now these De Zerbi reports.

Normally, Bayern just get stuff done, don't they. I don't think these reports suggest they are close to getting Alonso, or doing anything in particular.

If they could get Alonso, I think they would just announce it asap. I think we are definite favourites for Alonso, unless Madrid feel like stepping in.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

I'm sure everyone remembers Zidane's volley.

Me and @Chris were in the stadium for that. Wasn't the most memorable part of that night. That would be when the giant footy at the side of the pitch opened up to reveal a stage, on which the Proclaimers were stood and then belted out 500 miles. One of those "i was there" moments that was.

Zidane's goal came off his shin by the way. Massively over-rated goal, which is very much on brand.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Bayern are flooding the zone with these reports. Plettenberg with Alonso, who is basically a German Romano and now these De Zerbi reports.

Normally, Bayern just get stuff done, don't they. I don't think these reports suggest they are close to getting Alonso, or doing anything in particular.

If they could get Alonso, I think they would just announce it asap. I think we are definite favourites for Alonso, unless Madrid feel like stepping in.

There is no way he chooses them over us no fucking way we are Liverpool and to be fair he ain’t got a rebuilding job on here unlike in Bavaria 

34 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Keys was also one of those saying that Salah to the Saudi pro league was a done deal in the summer.

Sounds like we rejected bids, I doubt bids would have been made without personal terms being agreed - which is what I think we was referring to in a hyperbole way.