You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso: Welcome back to Anfield.

Elite

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The German Dharmesh Sheth understands fuck all just like all the other itk's.

This. 

He’s a Bayern mouthpiece. He Knows exactly the same as that Fabriaziano Romano cunt.

That is, the square root of fuck all!  

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If he goes to Bayern from Leverkusen then he lacks class and I turn my back on him anyway... so there.

German football is funny like that. I don't think it's seen as a betrayal or shameful for a player or manager to leave their club for Bayern. It's almost the expectation for a successful player or manager in the Bundesliga to go to Bayern.

I reckon he will probably go Bayern. Must be the easiest job for him, he's already tearing it up with Neverkusen so getting to stay and live in Germany with his family settled with the all powerful German side who he won 3 titles with just seem like a breeze compared to what he has to face in the Premier league. It takes a huge set of bollocks to want to compete against City alone then there's replacing Jurgen Klopp and having to do what he did within a tight budget. Nah i don't think he has the mettle to match his beard.

Almorim is my next choice unless.... he's a shithouse too!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

No, but they’ll have told Bayern if he wants to move to them. And the leak will have come from them. 

I don't think they would. There's no benefit to doing that. The smart thing to do is keep all options open and see how things play out. Even if he did prefer Bayern, there's nothing to be gained by putting that out there at this point, especially when he's in a title race against them.

I'll add that if he does prefer Bayern then he's not the man for us anyway because he'd be taking the easy option and that would tell me he's not the man I thought he was. This job is perfect for someone with the ambition and balls to want to take it on. If Xabi doesn't take it this summer, he should never be offered it again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, dave u said:

I'll add that if he does prefer Bayern then he's not the man for us anyway because he'd be taking the easy option and that would tell me he's not the man I thought he was. This job is perfect for someone with the ambition and balls to want to take it on. If Xabi doesn't take it this summer, he should never be offered it again.

This. Spot on. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Yep. Same approach Klopp had to players.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

I don't think they would. There's no benefit to doing that. The smart thing to do is keep all options open and see how things play out. Even if he did prefer Bayern, there's nothing to be gained by putting that out there at this point, especially when he's in a title race against them.

You don’t think they might employ this strategy to destabilise their title rivals? I think this is exactly what they do. 

Wasn’t many years ago they announced the signing of hummels from Dortmund before the season had ended. 

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

You don’t think they might employ this strategy to destabilise their title rivals? I think this is exactly what they do. 

Wasn’t many years ago they announced the signing of hummels from Dortmund before the season had ended. 

And Nagelsmann before a Cup Semi or Final against his team. Bayern are cunts with media friendly Arse lickers a'plenty.

The wives and birds all probably have a bigger say in these things than we imagine - does she want to come back to northern England again and all that?

Klopp was frequently jokingly having a moan about the climate, Salah too.

Whichever way it goes, we have to go as elite as possible but if Bayern beat us to him, it’s a very small market and I don’t fancy the Sporting lad at all. 

De Zerbi is the front runner then, unless they decide to pay Daniel Levy whatever he asks for, for Arl heavy lemon big Ange…

5 hours ago, dave u said:

My brother put it very well: if he chooses Liverpool, he's Klopp. If he chooses Bayern, he's Guardiola. 

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I reckon he will probably go Bayern. Must be the easiest job for him, he's already tearing it up with Neverkusen so getting to stay and live in Germany with his family settled with the all powerful German side who he won 3 titles with just seem like a breeze compared to what he has to face in the Premier league. It takes a huge set of bollocks to want to compete against City alone then there's replacing Jurgen Klopp and having to do what he did within a tight budget. Nah i don't think he has the mettle to match his beard.

Almorim is my next choice unless.... he's a shithouse too!

Leverkusen isn't exactly close to Munich, so he'd be uprooting anyway to move to the other end if the country. 

There's a vacancy at Bayern literally every couple of years, he'll have plenty of opportunities to go there if he does want an easy ride. Liverpool job might only come up once or twice. 

He might fancy the challenge of showing he's the best Spanish manager in the league. 

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

Just an interest question as I genuinely don't know. Does anybody know where Bayern generate sales from outside of Germany? For example 3rd in world shirt and merchandise sales. It certainly doesn't come from the Americas. 

Argentina. Lots of 2nd and 3rd generation Bayern fans down there….

• Upvote 2