You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toulouse (A) - EL Grp E, Thurs 9th Nov 2023 (5:45pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

The two games we've lost this season have basically been because of major fuck ups from the officiating team. At some point, I truly hope it "evens out" as many people usually claim.

We are definitely due an outrageous VAR decision winning us a game, preferably against City at the Etihad.

Only watched the second half tonight, but It’d say the fact that we were wank may also have something to do with it.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

The two games we've lost this season have basically been because of major fuck ups from the officiating team. At some point, I truly hope it "evens out" as many people usually claim.

We are definitely due an outrageous VAR decision winning us a game, preferably against City at the Etihad.

Much more likely we'll be losing narrowly and equalise really late only for VAR to find a reason in controversial circumstances to rule it out.

We'll then be left with fuck all of what actually matter - points - regardless of what should have happened.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I've seen nothing from Mac so far to suggest we should have paid more for him than Endo, which is worrying.

How about that one of them was a top Premier League player and won the World Cup? And that Klopp will actually play him in many games.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Only watched the second half tonight, but It’d say the fact that we were wank may also have something to do with it.

Playing below par doesn't make it ok for very bad decisions to go against a team though. "Oh, we've been shite today, hence we deserve to get a legit goal chalked off?" Weird logic.

We've been poor in many games over the years and won or drawn. Should we return those points because we apparently didn't deserve them? 

• Upvote 1

My reflections on this:

- Kostas isn't good enough and we effectively have no senior left back capable of consistently playing at the top level for the next couple of months. It genuinely could torpedo the season.

- I just don't see it with Mac Allister. He's slow, ponderous and sloppy with the ball.

- Szoboszlai's attitude off the bench in this was really poor and his body language was off. He's been great so far this season but I didn't like what I saw tonight (or at Luton).

- Trent has the ability to hit a ball so well but I think he kills any tempo in our game in this role. It seems our pattern of play consists of get it to him to attempt the hollywood ball. It's great when it comes off but most times we just end up losing it as a result.  The 40 yard ping into the crowd concerned me too as he clearly learned nothing from the weekend.

- The work rate of the whole team tonight was poor. I get it's not a big occasion but they should have wanted to put Luton right and they didn't. That makes me concerned about the team and season as a whole.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Playing below par doesn't make it ok for very bad decisions to go against a team though. "Oh, we've been shite today, hence we deserve to get a legit goal chalked off?" Weird logic.

We've been poor in many games over the years and won or drawn. Should we return those points because we apparently didn't deserve them? 

Where did you read or hear these things?

Just watched a recording of the game as I was at work when it was on. Dreadful performance but I'm just staggered by that goal being disallowed at the end. I didn't think VAR could go that far back for handball when reviewing goals. And what was with the ref awarding the goal and then suddenly going to the monitor? It's good to see that it's not just the clowns officiating in the premier league who are using VAR to manipulate results. 

• Upvote 1

I also believe our third goal should have stood but it’s not shared by every one and their first disallowed goal was fine , there was no foul on Matip.

we were so bad against one of the worst team in France right now, it’s really worrying.

Tsimikas, some were saying he was so much better than Robbo, is not reliable as Endo. 

And we need a proper right back please !