You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UEFA Cup 2023-24

AngryOfTuebrook

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You can make changes between the groups and the knockouts you can also sign players who've previously played (Gakpo for example)

If you win the group you also miss the first knockout round I think so one less round for us to play if we do it.

Is there a limit to the number of changes you can make? 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Is there a limit to the number of changes you can make? 

Yes, teams can register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players. But there are a couple of caveats:

• Each squad is still limited to 25 List A players (players can be removed to make room);
  • Players must have been already registered and eligible to play for the club at domestic level since 3 February or in any case by no later than before the first leg of the round of 16 as initially scheduled for the relevant team.

Can't grumble about that draw. All the away games are early kick-offs, and all are short-distance flights. That said, the only thing I know about any of the teams is that Mac's brother Kevin (yes really), plays for Union SG. Looking through the squads of the teams, I have not heard of a single one of their players. Top the group and we'll be straight into the main knockout stage. Finish second and it's a play-off against one of the 3rd placed teams from the CL.

On 02/09/2023 at 18:44, JagSquared said:

I really want to win this competition. I’m still sore about the sevilla game and while some turn their noses up at it, I reckon it could re-invigorate the squad while also giving us CL football next season. 

Not ideal, but plenty to be positive about. Really want us to win it, love some good European nights, and we've had almost as many of those in this competition as we have in the main one, "blooding the youmgsters" means come next season we'll have a handful of young players who have progressed more than they would have without this competition, meaning we could indirectly be stronger next season.