You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These Just Stop Oil protesters

Kevin D

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They need counter protestors covering them in oil as they block the roads, shit hitting fan stuff right there.

You'd just get BBC Springwatch coming to clean them off with a toothbrush and some Fairy liquid.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

1B17B7DF-AC49-4C21-8F1B-C0DFA5A43EB1.jpeg

Type of stuff a certain someone does on here. Makes bold statements then never comes back to address it when it’s proven wrong. Loves a 3/4am one so in his mind it hangs longer out there before the inevitable “bullshit” call. 

Just like the daily Mail 

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd pay good money to see one of the protestors grab some bully in a hi-viz who starts kicking off and give him a good hiding. In fact I might sub some of our posters out as muscle. 

Dickie Mint

Kev D 

Lifey

Trying to think of any others I think could handle themselves. 

When I went on that People’s Assembly march in London there was a group of Tory anti-protesters just off Whitehall being held back by the police. I had some fat bellend riled up properly by doing nothing but standing five yards away, pointing at him and pissing myself laughing. He was fucking fuming, purple in the face, bad knobhead. 

He was giving it the little head nod, you know, “I’ll see you up there”, kind of thing, before the plod stepped in and ushered us away telling us they weren’t worth it. 

I carried on up the road but he didn’t follow. That means I came away victorious. I’m no Anny Road but I still would have battered the prick. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

When I went on that People’s Assembly march in London there was a group of Tory anti-protesters just off Whitehall being held back by the police. I had some fat bellend riled up properly by doing nothing but standing five yards away, pointing at him and pissing myself laughing. He was fucking fuming, purple in the face, bad knobhead. 

He was giving it the little head nod, you know, “I’ll see you up there”, kind of thing, before the plod stepped in and ushered us away telling us they weren’t worth it. 

I carried on up the road but he didn’t follow. That means I came away victorious. I’m no Anny Road but I still would have battered the prick. 

1 punch KO, good night sweet prince

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

So, she went to the kind of school that's supposed to churn out greedy cunts who exploit everyone else for personal gain, and she's turned into someone who gets arrested trying to help other people?  Worra twat!

Eco protest are hardly "helping other people", they are focused on forcing a change in policy.  

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Same type of shit at Southampton away “see you outside” when we beat them 3 nil. Ok nobhead. Nowhere to be seen. I’d rather “I think you’re a cunt you think I’m a cunt let’s leave it at that” than being offered out by someone who has already shit himself 

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Eco protest are hardly "helping other people", they are focused on forcing a change in policy.  

17 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Very few pressure groups think what they want changed doesn't help others.

Maybe it is syntax cuz it feels like a contradiction here, by hardly you mean not just?

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Maybe it is syntax cuz it feels like a contradiction here, by hardly you mean not just?

The point is, you don't go into environmental activism because you want to help other people, you do to it to effect policy changes that would, in your view, save the environment or in the case of global warming, the planet. 

By doing so, if you are right, you would help others (and yourself obviously), but ultimately, this would then be true of any political activism, you can attack immigrants "to help others" because you think they steal their jobs or impose their way of life upon others. Or fight for racial purity and so on.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The telegraph have a huge hard on for them, them. I’ve seen less committed stalkers:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/07/01/just-stop-oil-protests-pride-parade-london-disruption/

Activists from Just Stop Oil disrupted the Pride parade in central London by blocking a float sponsored by Coca-Cola in protest at the event taking money from “high-polluting” sponsors.

The radical environmental group’s threat to disrupt the country’s biggest LGBTQ+ community event appeared to be fulfilled when at least six Just Stop Oil activists lay down in front of the Coca-Cola parade float.

One activist sprayed a liquid around the float in an apparent reference to crude oil and the damage it causes.

Footage on social media showed half a dozen police officers clearing the protesters out of the path of the float on Piccadilly, to applause from some of those taking part in the parade.

Scotland Yard said that protesters sat in the middle of the road at 1.30pm, causing the parade to stop. 

After 16 minutes, police arrested seven protesters for public nuisance offences and the parade continued again one minute later.

The rapid response by the police contrasted with some previous protests, where officers have appeared reluctant to remove activists marching slow or sitting down in the road.

The Metropolitan Police also faced criticism after some officers were seen preventing members of the public and passing motorists from trying to clear environmental activists from the road.

The disruption came after LGBTQ+ supporters of the eco-activist group had issued a letter giving Pride a 24-hour ultimatum to meet its demands, or it “may or may not take action at this weekend’s events”.

Its demands included clarity on where Pride sources its money from, what floats are included in the parade, and what “ethical considerations” are taken when deciding who to accept money from.

In response to the threats, Pride had said its first priority was the safety of its participants and volunteers, and that it welcomed dialogue from Just Stop Oil after the event this weekend.

The protest came just after Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London, had described Just Stop Oil as a “really important pressure group”, despite the activists’ threats to disrupt the parade.

The Labour mayor said that the group puts pressure on those who have power and influence, adding: “I agree with protesting in a way that is lawful, safe, and peaceful. I fully support the right to protest.”

Asked about Just Stop Oil’s threat to disrupt Pride, Mr Khan said: “I am somebody who feels quite passionately that we have to tackle the climate emergency. And I feel quite passionately about encouraging people to join the movement to tackle the climate emergency.”

LGBTQ+ members of Just Stop Oil also called on Pride’s organisers to ban floats from sponsors such as United Airlines and condemn new oil, gas and coal projects.

They said in a statement: “These partnerships embarrass the LGBTQ+ community at a time when much of the cultural world is rejecting ties to these toxic industries”, adding that LGBT+ people are “suffering first” in the “accelerating social breakdown” caused by climate change.

Elsewhere, police in Northamptonshire arrested three suspected animal rights activists ahead of a major greyhound race which an offshoot of Extinction Rebellion had vowed to disrupt.

Northamptonshire Police arrested two men, aged 41 and 26, and a 33-year-old woman “as part of a public safety operation” ahead of the Greyhound Derby final at Towcester Racecourse on Saturday night.

Animal Rising, another activist group, claimed that the arrested trio were its “peaceful supporters trying to protect dogs”, and pledged to “proceed with our intentions to disrupt the Greyhound Derby final”.