You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) Premier League - 21/1/23 - 12.30

an tha

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m in that crowd somewhere. Just walked up and bought a ticket on the gate. Unbelievable these days that you could buy a ticket for a title decider on the day. 

Yeah I remember even as recently as the early 90's you could walk up to the window at anfield and buy an away ticket.

I remember being locked out at Old Trafford in 1990 when we beat them 2-1 - was game where Whelan scored own goal from about 25 yards and we walked round to the Stretford End and paid on door there - bad mistake as we clocked a group of reds and thought we'd stand by them - safety in numbers we thought, problem was they were up for agg and were giving it the big one when we scored....really hairy.

Got a bizzies attention and asked if we could be let out and let in our end - he looked at us and said 'you made your bed, you scouse bastard, lie in it...'

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m in that crowd somewhere. Just walked up and bought a ticket on the gate. Unbelievable these days that you could buy a ticket for a title decider on the day. 

chelsea were recognised as a small club back then. It wasnt a title decider to them and they'd have just seen it as the last home game of the season.

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Whats the message?

I have lost the plot completely?

I actually don’t disagree with leaving Mo out. He’s not been anywhere near his best since the AFCON. 

Of all the players who have gotten a big pay bump recently, only Alisson can say he’s earning his money. 

If Klopp feels he needs to start making big decisions to get a reaction out of players, he should do it. 

Still, it’d be a brave call tomorrow. Hopefully a functioning midfield would greatly assist him finding his form again.