You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cunt Leadership Race - 3rd Round Replay

Barrington Womble

Tory Cunt Leadership Race - 3rd Round Replay  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this time

• Rishi Stillacunt
    • Penny Even Moreacunt
    • Absolute Bastard de Cunt Johnscunt Cunt
    • A N Othercunt
  2. 2. Who do you want to win this time

• Rishi Stillacunt
    • Penny Even Moreacunt
    • Absolute Bastard de Cunt Johnscunt Cunt
    • A N Othercunt

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/22 at 15:00

Today's edition of economics for dummies brings a Whitehall warning cutting welfare payments by not increasing them in line with inflation will plunge the UK into deep recession. 

Why, why, why, are our politicians even thinking along these lines? Beside the financial hit, the cost, just in social terms will result in utter devastation for local buisnesses and communities.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/23/whitehall-fears-hunts-spending-cuts-could-tip-uk-into-deep-recession

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Today's edition of economics for dummies brings a Whitehall warning cutting welfare payments by not increasing them in line with inflation will plunge the UK into deep recession. 

Why, why, why, are our politicians even thinking along these lines? Beside the financial hit, the cost, just in social terms will result in utter devastation for local buisnesses and communities.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/23/whitehall-fears-hunts-spending-cuts-could-tip-uk-into-deep-recession

What in the last 12 years of Tory rule would make you think they give 2 fucks about any of the bit in bold? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What in the last 12 years of Tory rule would make you think they give 2 fucks about any of the bit in bold? 

True but the pledge to rise benefits/pensions in line with inflation has up untill now been kept. Its beginning to look like they're softening us up for another period of Osbourne style deep austerity. In practical terms Tory manifesto pledges on pensions/benefits etc look soon to be broken, if not this year then next. 

The only logical reason is a political one (it makes zero sense for the country's financial wellbeing) which will result in higher employment so making labour costs cheaper whilst weakening union negotiating power. Similar to the disastrous trick Thatcher tried to pull in the early eighties.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

True but the pledge to rise benefits/pensions in line with inflation has up till now been kept. Its beginning to look like they're softening us up for another period of Osbourne style deep austerity. In practical terms Tory manifesto pledges on pensions/benefits etc look soon to be broken, if not this year then next. 

The only logical reason is a political one (it makes zero sense for the country's financial wellbeing) which will result in higher employment so making labour costs cheaper whilst weakening union negotiating power. Similar to the disastrous trick Thatcher tried to pull in the early eighties.

You say it all like it's a surprise. The triple lock only stayed while they needed the pensioners to vote for them. The ones who did they've now got in 3 camps, the ones who vote blue regardless. The ones who'll never forgive them for getting rid of the cult leader and inventor of the UK, Johnson. And finally the ones who've seen through them and will be voting anything but blue next time around. So this is the time for them to put the boot in. 

As for all other services. Why will they give a fuck if education or health is cut? They all genuinely believe anyone who's worth worrying about pays for all that stuff themselves anyway. 

They've spent 12 years cutting public services to the bone. There's nowhere left to go except into the places that were once previously thought untouchable. But they're Tories, they don't care. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

True but the pledge to rise benefits/pensions in line with inflation has up untill now been kept. Its beginning to look like they're softening us up for another period of Osbourne style deep austerity. In practical terms Tory manifesto pledges on pensions/benefits etc look soon to be broken, if not this year then next. 

Austerity Has never really ended 

Public pay restraints have been in place for over a decade now

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

You say it all like it's a surprise. The triple lock only stayed while they needed the pensioners to vote for them. The ones who did they've now got in 3 camps, the ones who vote blue regardless. The ones who'll never forgive them for getting rid of the cult leader and inventor of the UK, Johnson. And finally the ones who've seen through them and will be voting anything but blue next time around. So this is the time for them to put the boot in. 

As for all other services. Why will they give a fuck if education or health is cut? They all genuinely believe anyone who's worth worrying about pays for all that stuff themselves anyway. 

They've spent 12 years cutting public services to the bone. There's nowhere left to go except into the places that were once previously thought untouchable. But they're Tories, they don't care. 

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I agree, a lot will depend on his supporters. And of course I believe the privileges committee if they find him guilty, there is a path for consistuents to trigger a by-election (something a read on Friday). I would be absolutely amazed if that happened if he stood to keep his seat. The Tory's would be well advised if sunak doesn't win to try and use this to flush him away at this point, because while he's still MP, he'll aways just be the shadow in the background. I hope he causes maximum shit of course. 

I think the privileges committee thing the big issue for him.

If he did win and that went against him they would need yet another vote.

The fact that he is even thinking of standing is insane

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know the torys couldn't care about people who are at the bottom of the financial pile from a humanitarian angle. I am though suprised that they'll do something as contentious as attacking the triple lock etc politically  I'd have thought the last thing they'd need is another Marcus Rashford type school dinner campaign over benefit/pension cuts. Remember the damage when Susanna Reid flagged up the pensioner taking buses to keep warm? It's a hellava battle to fight, especially as the social cost becomes more and more visible.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

If they suspended him for more than 10 days ( I think) he could potentially face an election challenge and lose his seat. Which would be hilarious 

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Austerity Has never really ended 

Public pay restraints have been in place for over a decade now

Agreed but they are now planning cuts which will go even deeper than Osbornes austerity blitz. As I've said pensions and benefits have risen with inflation, if they don't them devastation soon follows. A recent report (I've put it on here somewhere) said 2 million old people are living in poverty and 10,000 committed suicide last year. If someone gets old or loses his/her job they will need them payments to survive. 

High unemployment suits employers, the 3 million unemployed under Thatcher was a political choice. These cuts could also be felt more harshly because the country has so little left to cut.

8 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

If they suspended him for more than 10 days ( I think) he could potentially face an election challenge and lose his seat. Which would be hilarious 

I think they may have planned for Naddine Dorris to go to the Lords and Bonzo to take up her safe seat after she moves.

19 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

The fact that the likes of the mail are going to hobble it before it begins sounds like they are genuinely worried about the outcome.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Agreed but they are now planning cuts which will go even deeper than Osbornes austerity blitz. As I've said pensions and benefits have risen with inflation, if they don't them devastation soon follows. A recent report (I've put it on here somewhere) said 2 million old people are living in poverty and 10,000 committed suicide last year. If someone gets old or loses his/her job they will need them payments to survive. 

High unemployment suits employers, the 3 million unemployed under Thatcher was a political choice. These cuts could also be felt more harshly because the country has so little left to cut.

I'm not sure where else they can cut?

There was some advisor to Cameron on r4 a few weeks ago and he was saying everything had literally been cut to the bone.

If johnson does get in,they need to ask him how those 40 new hospitals are getting on.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Braverman is a political opportunist.  Sunak must be in the driving seat if she’s declared for him.

Indeed. I could see Sunak winning it tomorrow as the others can't get to 100 . Fat cunt has been trying to pressurise Mordaunt to pull out which would suggest he is struggling to get the numbers and the undecided will pile on Sunak just to be on winning ticket. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When you look at some of the stuff on Twitter, a lot of the Johnson backers seem to genuinely hate all the other tories and the party itself. I can't get my head around the mindset at all. Is it pure British trumpism? Is it a form of mental illness?

I saw him described on twitter yesterday as anti establishment. 

I think the trump is an obvious comparison but a very valid one.

Countless people have simply bought into this lie that he is a well meaning bumbling toff doing his best for blighty. 

They will be doing studies on it,in a few years.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm not sure where else they can cut?

There was some advisor to Cameron on r4 a few weeks ago and he was saying everything had literally been cut to the bone.

If johnson does get in,they need to ask him how those 40 new hospitals are getting on.

Benefits for one. The health service for two. 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

The fact there seems to be at least 60 of them following him too is incredible. You have to stop and just think of that. He was effectively sacked last time for being a useless, lying cunt. There's a hearing this week to make it formal and most people agree he will be found guilty. Yet 60 Tory MPs think he is the only option. I've said it all along. They're a cult and clearly quite mad.  

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I know the torys couldn't care about people who are at the bottom of the financial pile from a humanitarian angle. I am though suprised that they'll do something as contentious as attacking the triple lock etc politically  I'd have thought the last thing they'd need is another Marcus Rashford type school dinner campaign over benefit/pension cuts. Remember the damage when Susanna Reid flagged up the pensioner taking buses to keep warm? It's a hellava battle to fight, especially as the social cost becomes more and more visible.

This is no different to the trussonomics roll of the dice though. As Rachael reeves said at the mini budget, they're just gamblers on a losing run willing to gamble anything to find a win. This is absolutely no different just the other end of the scale. The 12 years of fucking the nation, the rape of our finances during covid and the abomination of the kwarteng budget leave us with this is their only choice. Things that were possible before Truss, just aren't anymore because we're paying more and more each day to service the debt due to high borrowing rates. They've cut everything in austerity. So it's now pretty much time to take the food out of people's mouths. And to them that is all more palatable than the labour alternative of a windfall tax and removing non-dom status. 

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The fact there seems to be at least 60 of them following him too is incredible. You have to stop and just think of that. He was effectively sacked last time for being a useless, lying cunt. There's a hearing this week to make it formal and most people agree he will be found guilty. Yet 60 Tory MPs think he is the only option. I've said it all along. They're a cult and clearly quite mad.  

This is no different to the trussonomics roll of the dice though. As Rachael reeves said at the mini budget, they're just gamblers on a losing run willing to gamble anything to find a win. This is absolutely no different just the other end of the scale. The 12 years of fucking the nation, the rape of our finances during covid and the abomination of the kwarteng budget leave us with this is their only choice. Things that were possible before Truss, just aren't anymore because we're paying more and more each day to service the debt due to high borrowing rates. They've cut everything in austerity. So it's now pretty much time to take the food out of people's mouths. And to them that is all more palatable than the labour alternative of a windfall tax and removing non-dom status. 

He has probally promised them all sorts 

Remember that red wall mp who was promised a leisure centre or something in return for his support?

It is a cult though there is no actual logic behind him.

If moradunt is backing sunak though he is done.

40 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

He has probally promised them all sorts 

Remember that red wall mp who was promised a leisure centre or something in return for his support?

It is a cult though there is no actual logic behind him.

If moradunt is backing sunak though he is done.

Yeah, he probably has - but I imagine most of them realise the give aways are over. 

I suppose, playing devils advocate , there are the old gang who have been promised cabinet posts like Patel etc, and those looking at the polls like the one in the Indy saying Sunak would lose the Tories about a hundred more seats than Johnson at a GE and thinking I might be one of the 100 saved.