You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Looking formidable. Hopefully they’ll batter Chelsea and Man City.

That Modric can still often look the best player on the pitch is insane, what a footballer. 

He’ll go down as one of all time great midfielders, weren't we in for him before he went to spurs? 

10 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

AA7028DF-B087-4835-8ADB-43B06E167404.jpeg

A glimpse into the future of Bramley Moore?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Got to hand it to Frank DeTory. Smart play positioning himself as the new Gus Hiddink. Works 6 months every 2 years, picks up 2m plus huge bonuses. Use his media mates to undermine the incumbent when he's get bored and does it all again. Not hard to imagine him telling Bohely how he can remove the incoming heat if he gives him the gig for 3 months.

He hasn’t seen frank first hand. Has to be seen giving the Chelsea legend a chance. Shrewd move. Hope he gets the job permanently. One less team to worry about.

https://socceronsunday.com/article/lampard-im-looking-forward-to-being-re-sacked/ 

Frank Lampard has spoken of his pride at being appointed Chelsea manager for a second time, albeit in an Interim capacity. The Londoner was previously sacked by former owner Roman Abramovich in 2021.

Sack

Lampard

“No-brainer,” Lampard told Soccer on Sunday. “The opportunity to be re-sacked by Chelsea is one I couldn’t turn down. The contract runs until the summer, but if there’s a chance to stay on that bit longer until the owner swings the axe? Well, to be re-sacked is every manager’s dream, and I’m no different.”

“I love this club,” said the 44 year-old. “No disrespect to Everton, but there’s nothing like being sacked by the club that’s in your blood. Never say never — maybe one day I’ll be re-sacked over at Goodison. But right now I’m just focussed on being re-sacked by Chelsea.”

“I’ve already started saying goodbye to the players and staff,” he added. “Some of the newer lot, I hadn’t even said hello yet. So there was a bit of confusion. That’s on me.”

Screenshot_20230406_164034_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 1

Anfield misses out to BMD and this? Incredibly surprising. As a foreigner, surely anybody / everybody would visit institutionally historic grounds like Anfield and Old Trafford rather than these bland, hollow, indenti-kit stadiums…

285A5EC5-D045-4606-9DE5-2E385F626CD5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Anfield misses out to BMD and this? Incredibly surprising. As a foreigner, surely anybody / everybody would visit institutionally historic grounds like Anfield and Old Trafford rather than these bland, hollow, indenti-kit stadiums…

Wouldn't say we missed out. I thought the reason was that our pitch wasn't wide enough to fit uefas standards or something? Plus we aren't allowed to host England games because of our policy of not allowing journalists from a certain scummy newspaper in to the stadium. 

Etihad might see a full house for change. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Can't say I'm overly arsed as uefa can kiss my swingers!

I think there's a widely held assumption that Old Toilet will be in the middle of desperately needed building works at that time which us probably why they've chosen the Emptyhad!

As for BMD, will it be finished and if so will it be a working football stadium? Instead of the massive white elephant it appears at present (in the style of the Nuevo Mestailla)!