You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not sure I've seen a player like him - one minute he can bring the ball down from the air, and spectacularly volley it towards goal from 25 yards. The next minute he can't pass the ball in a straight line to someone 5 yards away. 

He's unique, I'll give him that. 

Or...he's the new Origi.

Mo Salah?

• Upvote 1

Look, I know we just got beat at home by Leeds and you guys are down, so this may not be a great time to post this - but I just don't see a great player here. This isn't a reaction to the Leeds game - its based on all I have seen of him.

Over 90 minutes he's not doing enough. He may 'be a handful for defenders', he may 'get into good positions' - but we need more than that. I'd like to see occasional glimpses of outright brilliance - its what I expect. I'd like to see subtlety and guile as well as power.

He'll get time. And rightly so - but I am nailing my colours to the mast. I don't think he is going to be the player we all hoped. 

• Upvote 1

Crazy that we made him our most expensive signing ever. He has decent speed but that's it. He cannot dribble, cannot pass, cannot even finish a simple chance. How many chances did he get yesterday and didn't do jack shit? Fuck me. Don't see why we signed him, he doesn't fit in at all. €80M down the fucking drain. Massive mistake by everyone responsible at the club. 

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not watched the chances back. I couldn't work out for the life of me why he didn't just strike that first one, the goalie was in no mans land. The one in the second half though, I agree with you, it was almost impossible to get that over the keeper. Maybe he could have done more had the pass had a bit more on it, but the keeper did well getting out i thought. 

If you see the first one again the ball is alot lower than it looks on the game camera. I initially thought it bounced up and a first time lob was on, but it skidded off the surface, think he needed to take a touch

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If you see the first one again the ball is alot lower than it looks on the game camera. I initially thought it bounced up and a first time lob was on, but it skidded off the surface, think he needed to take a touch

I've not seen on TV at all. I am in the kop, so it's a good distance away, but it looked an easy lob from where we were. Before the ball got to him I'd already said to my mate "he's got too much time", so perhaps I've got a bit of confirmation bias with it.

• Upvote 1

On 30/10/2022 at 12:49, Jennings said:

Look, I know we just got beat at home by Leeds and you guys are down, so this may not be a great time to post this - but I just don't see a great player here. This isn't a reaction to the Leeds game - its based on all I have seen of him.

Over 90 minutes he's not doing enough. He may 'be a handful for defenders', he may 'get into good positions' - but we need more than that. I'd like to see occasional glimpses of outright brilliance - its what I expect. I'd like to see subtlety and guile as well as power.

He'll get time. And rightly so - but I am nailing my colours to the mast. I don't think he is going to be the player we all hoped. 

I was encouraged by him tonight. The cross for Mo which the defender got a toe to was really positive - showed he’s starting to settle down, good skill, good power, good cross but as importantly as any of it - a good decision.

On 30/10/2022 at 16:35, Barrington Womble said:

I've not seen on TV at all. I am in the kop, so it's a good distance away, but it looked an easy lob from where we were. Before the ball got to him I'd already said to my mate "he's got too much time", so perhaps I've got a bit of confirmation bias with it.

I haven’t seen it back since and won’t bother going looking for it but I thought the same as you from my spec on the Kop. 

had to lift it first time or slide rule pass it first time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mook said:

Another goal & millimetres away from an assist in his 20 minute cameo tonight.

I just don't see where he fits in at Liverpool with his bad technique etc.

And millimetres from 2 goals, to be fair.

Thought he was excellent in his cameo last night. Was in another move where he drove through the middle and weighted a nice little through ball outside of the foot out to the right to Mo. You can see the improvement game by game