You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 0 - 10-11 on pens (Feb 27 2022)

tlw content

Not watched it on TV, but I was right behind goal for that Sadio header.

It looked to me like there was too much pace on that pass from Trent, it was almost like a shot and it also seemed to have a little drop just before it reached Sadio.

I felt at the time he did well just to connect with it considering the angle, speed and movement of the ball in the air. 

It would be absolute sensational had he scored that one, so not really a miss in my eyes. 

Maybe I need to have another look. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Code said:

Not watched it on TV, but I was right behind goal for that Sadio header.

It looked to me like there was too much pace on that pass from Trent, it was almost like a shot and it also seemed to have a little drop just before it reached Sadio.

I felt at the time he did well just to connect with it considering the angle, speed and movement of the ball in the air. 

It would be absolute sensational had he scored that one, so not really a miss in my eyes. 

Maybe I need to have another look. 

Think he just misread the cross, got slightly ahead of the ball and couldn't get his head back behind it. Don't think the cross was massively hard hit.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

It was a perfect cross, that was just Frode's way of telling us he was at the game!

It was not even a cross, it was more of a forward pass. Trent was pretty central when he hit it and Mane was central when he received it.

I had a look now, the speed of the ball is not so evident on TV, but I noticed that dip on the ball I talked about, but it was much more noticable from behind the goal, I was in 212 and had the perfect view. 

Mane could not really contact it properly because of that dip, the flight of the ball changed just before Mane should head it.

Look at it again, it would have been an outragous goal if we had scored that one. It reminded me of those free kicks that was so popular a few years ago, where the ball would dip just under the bar because it was so light, Bale used to hit them that way. 

• Downvote 1

Nah not having it. Sadio's body shape is all wrong and he never had any chance or directing it goalwards because he headed it exactly the way he was facing. No attempt to flick his neck muscles to glance it at goal. Looked like he just lost his bearings a bit.

• dave u unpinned this topic