You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Brighton star Moises Caicedo makes Liverpool feelings subtly known after failed transfer (msn.com)

Moises Caicedo has seemingly let people know how he feels after missing out on a last-minute move to Liverpool.

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp changed his mind on the need for midfield reinforcements after his squad was hit with injuries to the likes of Thiago and Naby Keita early in the season. Brighton star Caicedo was one of the names mentioned, with a £42m bid for the Ecuador youngster mooted, but the 20-year-old remains at the Amex Stadium.

Liverpool instead moved for Arthur Melo, taking the Brazil international on loan from Juventus with an option to make the move permanent.

However, by following a number of members of the Reds' squad on social media, Caicedo has - in the eyes of some - hinted he would have been open to the move.

Caicedo has followed Virgil van Dijk, Naby Keita, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Thiago, among others, though it is unclear how many of those were followed after Liverpool links became clear. Interestingly, the midfielder also follows Arthur, and fan accounts on social media mentioned that he liked Arthur's Juventus farewell video.

It is worth noting that the former Independiente del Valle man also still follows a number of his Brighton teammates, as well as players from Manchester United and Real Madrid. Caicedo previously spoke of his fondness for United before joining Brighton midway through the 2020-21 season.

“My dream is to play for Manchester United because I like English football.,” Caicedo said in December 2020, as reported at the time by OneFootball. "The pace is very high, and Manchester United are my favourite club."

image.png

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Brighton star Moises Caicedo makes Liverpool feelings subtly known after failed transfer (msn.com)

Moises Caicedo has seemingly let people know how he feels after missing out on a last-minute move to Liverpool.

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp changed his mind on the need for midfield reinforcements after his squad was hit with injuries to the likes of Thiago and Naby Keita early in the season. Brighton star Caicedo was one of the names mentioned, with a £42m bid for the Ecuador youngster mooted, but the 20-year-old remains at the Amex Stadium.

Liverpool instead moved for Arthur Melo, taking the Brazil international on loan from Juventus with an option to make the move permanent.

However, by following a number of members of the Reds' squad on social media, Caicedo has - in the eyes of some - hinted he would have been open to the move.

Caicedo has followed Virgil van Dijk, Naby Keita, Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Thiago, among others, though it is unclear how many of those were followed after Liverpool links became clear. Interestingly, the midfielder also follows Arthur, and fan accounts on social media mentioned that he liked Arthur's Juventus farewell video.

It is worth noting that the former Independiente del Valle man also still follows a number of his Brighton teammates, as well as players from Manchester United and Real Madrid. Caicedo previously spoke of his fondness for United before joining Brighton midway through the 2020-21 season.

“My dream is to play for Manchester United because I like English football.,” Caicedo said in December 2020, as reported at the time by OneFootball. "The pace is very high, and Manchester United are my favourite club."

image.png

Fuck him then. 

21 minutes ago, derykw said:

Alan Hansen was a  staunch Utd fan as well.

That is incorrect.

Alan Hansen was more bothered about golf when he was younger & as far as I know he didn't really have a team, let alone be 'staunch' about one. I knock about with his nephew.