You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve seen programmed with her in referred to as “woke” wonder why…..

Weirdos 

Decorated retired female footballer, now pundit and presenter. Easy target for the gobshites.

I'm not really a fan of her as a pundit or presenter, but times have changed, you're going to see more female presenters for all sports, it's just going to happen.

And if male pundits have got jobs based on their history as players in the past, she's earned her place as much as any of them with the years she played, medals she won, and her international caps.

And she's easy on the eye, no denying it!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan of this push to get everybody to announce their pronouns on everything. It's weird for something that impacts very few people to then make everybody else in the world have to do something. How did we ever get by before knowing that Janice with big tits was a 'she/her'. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm not a big fan of this push to get everybody to announce their pronouns on everything. It's weird for something that impacts very few people to then make everybody else in the world have to do something. How did we ever get by before knowing that Janice with big tits was a 'she/her'. 

I'm firmly in the "who gives a flying fuck it has zero impact on me whatsoever, I have far more pressing things to be pissed off about" camp myself. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I've refused to do it at work.  Not out of principle, I'm just keeping my options open.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A lot of people offended on others behalf’s. Same as it ever was….

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm firmly in the "who gives a flying fuck it has zero impact on me whatsoever, I have far more pressing things to be pissed off about" camp myself. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care if Halifax have on their badges. Doesn’t impact me one jot. What I don’t really get is why it seems to be a thing so many have adopted. If somebody misgenders me I have the option of saying ‘I’m a male, so it’s ‘he’, thanks’. But that wouldn’t happen with me, because like almost everyone I’m instantly identifiable as a bloke. So, ya know, there’s no reason for almost 7 billion people to announce their pronouns all over the place. The only reason to actually do it is so that a very, very small amount of people who don’t obviously fit into a category, at which point they can say ‘it’s they/them’ or something. 

I guess I’m getting old. I don’t care about this shit. This new generation are so fucking bored. There’s definitely a difference between trans people, with gender dysphoria etc, and people at uni who ‘come out’ as non binary because they saw it on TikTok and thought it was a good idea. 

Again, getting old. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t care if Halifax have on their badges. Doesn’t impact me one jot. What I don’t really get is why it seems to be a thing so many have adopted. If somebody misgenders me I have the option of saying ‘I’m a male, so it’s ‘he’, thanks’. But that wouldn’t happen with me, because like almost everyone I’m instantly identifiable as a bloke. So, ya know, there’s no reason for almost 7 billion people to announce their pronouns all over the place. The only reason to actually do it is so that a very, very small amount of people who don’t obviously fit into a category, at which point they can say ‘it’s they/them’ or something. 

I guess I’m getting old. I don’t care about this shit. This new generation are so fucking bored. There’s definitely a difference between trans people, with gender dysphoria etc, and people at uni who ‘come out’ as non binary because they saw it on TikTok and thought it was a good idea. 

Again, getting old. 

I don't know why they've done it. They've pissed a lot of the 'anti-woke' wankers off though so good on them. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There's people at my work with that 'he/him/his' thing on the bottom of their e-mails, I had no idea what it meant so I asked someone, got an in depth response & still have absolutely no idea what it means.

I'm reasonably content in my ignorance.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

There's people at my work with that 'he/him/his' thing on the bottom of their e-mails, I had no idea what it meant so I asked someone, got an in depth response & still have absolutely no idea what it means.

I'm reasonably content in my ignorance.

Yeah, it’s catching on. I just don’t care enough man. I want to be nice but I honestly just don’t.

I prefer the pronoun 'cunt' if anybody's asking!

I don't know why Halifax have made a big thing about announcing, but it doesn't arse me in the slightest. If you prefer they, them, he, him, she, then good on you.

Live and let live for fucksake!

Edit: Except Conservatives, Right Wingers etc, they can all fuck off and rot!

Edited by Creator Supreme
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I prefer the pronoun 'cunt' if anybody's asking!

I don't know why Halifax have made a big thing about announcing, but it doesn't arse me in the slightest. If you prefer they, them, he, him, she, then good on you.

Live and let live for fucksake!

Edit: Except Conservatives, Right Wingers etc, they can all fuck off and rot!

I prefer to say what I feel like saying, because I’m a cunt and dislike everyone. Cunts!

I can’t even begin to imagine how cretinous you’d have to be to care about pronouns. I’ll admit that I cringe when I see people who include them on emails or even worse introduce themselves using them and make a mental note try to avoid them.
Having said that, if Halifax or whoever let their staff put them on the badges if they want to that’s their decision. I’d die of shame though if I was forced to wear one announcing mine.