You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

35 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Over from Turkey and boy are we feeling the cold. Guessing most families here are like mine heating not going on? 

This country is fucked, how the fuck are the less well off going to survive this winter? I would expect more depression and suicides unless something drastically changes.

How did the voters get fooled by these gobshites? 

England is really fucked mate. Empire, monarchy, civil wars, extreme poverty, extreme riches, bullying our neighbours, world wars, class - hundreds of years of madness all crushing down on a collection of weird psyches. It's a confused place. And it all seems to be coming to a head. There'll be riots before Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

England is really fucked mate. Empire, monarchy, civil wars, extreme poverty, extreme riches, bullying our neighbours, world wars, class - hundreds of years of madness all crushing down on a collection of weird psyches. It's a confused place. And it all seems to be coming to a head. There'll be riots before Christmas. 

That is just horrible. It has barely been 400 years since the last civil war.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Grim reading that.

When God divvied the benefits out he gave turkey sun and water it can grow anything even when no rain for months because the underground water tables are so high.

This all gives me the benefit of free well water, free hot water for most of the year via solar panels. 

Once the season ends the locals will do any job to get by. I've never seen any sleeping on the streets here although I'm sure it happens in Istanbul and other major cities. The Muslim faith is to help all living things and people in need.

Can't wait to get back next Thursday.

Submitted my usual monthly meter reads to Octopus on 20 September. After they billed me and my 125 quid DD hit the account yesterday, I was 52 quid in credit.

Sumitted last nights reads this morning and my dashboard is now showing £6.93 credit! We've used 12 units of gas and 98, leccie since 20th.

The bill for October and beyond is going to be big but thankfully, not as big as the intended Ofgem permitted increase.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Submitted my usual monthly meter reads to Octopus on 20 September. After they billed me and my 125 quid DD hit the account yesterday, I was 52 quid in credit.

Sumitted last nights reads this morning and my dashboard is now showing £6.93 credit! We've used 12 units of gas and 98, leccie since 20th.

The bill for October and beyond is going to be big but thankfully, not as big as the intended Ofgem permitted increase.

Thanks for the update.  Greg will no doubt be over the moon.  

I put our readings in, then they took into account how much our account was in credit and our monthly payment came down by £60 odd quid from the predicted one (£190ish). Thats G&E combined.

That meant it took our monthly payment to just over £10 more than what we were paying before all this panic. I can't help think we have done pretty well there. Expecting an increase of £60 for the winter readings, but still don't feel that's too bad either. 

On 30/09/2022 at 09:19, Anubis said:

Telegraph now running with the tax cuts will be paid for from benefits, which will not rise in accordance with inflation but be capped at just over 5%.

This means that the poorest in society face rising fuel bills, rising general cost of living, and will see an effective reduction in their available funds.

Rich people will get a nice £50k bonus.

Its like a reality TV show in which a section of society get the involuntary experience of what it was like to live in the east end of London under Queen Victoria.

You still get all these smug retired well off people who never seem to get affected by any of this telling people to tighten their belts/suck it up/tough it out or live on a 30p bag of pasta a week.  I really hate some of the people who live in this fucking country. 

On 30/09/2022 at 12:06, DalyanPete said:

Grim reading that.

When God divvied the benefits out he gave turkey sun and water it can grow anything even when no rain for months because the underground water tables are so high.

This all gives me the benefit of free well water, free hot water for most of the year via solar panels. 

Once the season ends the locals will do any job to get by. I've never seen any sleeping on the streets here although I'm sure it happens in Istanbul and other major cities. The Muslim faith is to help all living things and people in need.

Can't wait to get back next Thursday.

Hows the inflation doing?

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Anyone know how quickly the £66 refund will be paid back into our bank accounts.

I paid Scottish Power today and am looking a bit skint for the month ahead.

They'll probably post you a cheque to be awkward.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

The £66 should just be coming off your direct debit!

The e-mail I got from the in August said it would be refunded within a few days of the direct debit going out. The e-mail my wife got from Scottish Gas said the same.

Truss STILL won’t back a campaign for people to use less energy.  Absolutely crazy. 

Although it looks like TOU tariffs are going to be pushed through Suppliers - so if you’ve got a smart meter you may be able shift some of your usage to save money.  If you’ve been a dinosaur and said ‘I’m not having one of those in my house’ I’m afraid you are unable to benefit.