You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Movement Be Restricted For Covid Anti-Vaxxers?

Bjornebye

Should Movement Be Restricted For Anti-Vaxxers?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should Movement Be Restricted For Anti-Vaxxers?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/21 at 15:15

57 minutes ago, Champ said:

I don’t suppose many of us are fans of being told what to do. I prefer to see having a vaccine as a way of potentially saving my life or the lives of others and the only current means of regaining something of our previous lives. Who wouldn’t want to have a bit of that?

We all want that, my point was if the virus is under control when my turn comes around (May next year I believe) I won't be taking it. I don't get the flu vaccine and probably won't for another 20 years.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, No2 said:

We all want that, my point was if the virus is under control when my turn comes around (May next year I believe) I won't be taking it. I don't get the flu vaccine and probably won't for another 20 years.

By not being vaccinated you'd be helping raise the risk of the virus continuing to spread/re-spreading. Just get the fucking vaccine.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, No2 said:

‘...if the virus is under control’ means other people have stepped up and taken the vaccine to get to that place. 

As a health and social care worker I am eligible to get a flu vaccine every year. In past years I have to say I have been a bit lax at always getting it but Covid has made me see that vaccination is not just about me, it’s about potentially saving the lives of others I come into contact with.

Do your bit like everyone else

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, No2 said:

It's sounds a bit like you're morally all over the place, you'll get the vaccine if it means you can travel, but unless there's a clear benefit to yourself you won't, I don't see yourself or anyone producing a single valid reason to not get it, regardless of whether there's a million cases or none.

4 minutes ago, Champ said:

And what about the numbers of care home workers not wanting to take the vaccine either?

Fine. They can find another job where it's not putting vulnerable people at risk. 

I'd like to say I can't understand this mentality but then I remember the selfishness and stupidity of an unfortunately large minority of the population. 

As Zeke says, these people can't even give one good reason why they shouldn't have a vaccine. Medical exemptions, excluded, obviously.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It's sounds a bit like you're morally all over the place, you'll get the vaccine if it means you can travel, but unless there's a clear benefit to yourself you won't, I don't see yourself or anyone producing a single valid reason to not get it, regardless of whether there's a million cases or none.

I guess what I'm trying to say (admittedly quite badly) is I'm not against the idea of getting it, its not a moral thing, I just don't like taking medication if it can be avoided. This is not about vaccines, its everything. I wouldn't go through a pack of Panadol in a year but I'd take one if my head was throbbing.

If its required for me to travel or as a champ says it will potentially save others then I will get it no problem, but if its a thing that when my time comes around its as relevant to me as an  Ebola vaccine then I won't be getting it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, No2 said:

I guess what I'm trying to say (admittedly quite badly) is I'm not against the idea of getting it, its not a moral thing, I just don't like taking medication if it can be avoided. This is not about vaccines, its everything. I wouldn't go through a pack of Panadol in a year but I'd take one if my head was throbbing.

If its required for me to travel or as a champ says it will potentially save others then I will get it no problem, but if its a thing that when my time comes around its as relevant to me as an  Ebola vaccine then I won't be getting it. 

Of course it will potentially save others!

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Vaccination only works if a majority of the population have it, the more people that take it then the the less risk of it continuing to spread. Nobody likes taking medication unnecessarily, your reluctance to take it is nothing but illogical, pig-headed selfishness. 

• Upvote 2

https://www.narcolepsy.org.uk/resources/pandemrix-narcolepsy

I know a girl whose kid ended up being one of the unlucky ones after getting the Swine flu vaccination a few years back. Poor kids chance of a decent life was more or less over at the age of 7. 

The family went through a terrible time trying to get this recognised and it ended up with them

splitting up. 

Just hope this new vacc has been tested to the extremes. 

3 minutes ago, Champ said:

Of course it will potentially save others!

Based on your profile, there are between 1,452,594 and 2,816,482 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland. Given a vaccination rate of 45,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 30/04/2022 and 28/06/2023.

You should then get your second dose by between 21/05/2022 and 19/07/2023.

When my time comes around hopefully its a thing of the past. If its not stick it me no problem. 

12 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I'm considering booking a holiday but was aiming to go later in the year, around September time. 

Realistically how long will it take to vaccinate the majority of the country?

Currently we are on around 9.3 million vaccinations, 8 weeks from the first one taking place. I make that about 15% of the UK population? 

If it stays at this sort of ratio it's going to take over a year? 

The volume of vaccines being given is going up all the time. 

67m people in the UK. 9m already done. 58m to go. If we can do 375k a day, that’s 5 months for the whole population to have their first jab. 

Got to think, once the most vulnerable are done, the pace should quicken up further as well. 

362840EA-63EF-4168-B94A-23F6BB26FBF7.jpeg

8 minutes ago, No2 said:
Based on your profile, there are between 1,452,594 and 2,816,482 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland. Given a vaccination rate of 45,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 30/04/2022 and 28/06/2023.

You should then get your second dose by between 21/05/2022 and 19/07/2023.

When my time comes around hopefully its a thing of the past. If its not stick it me no problem. 

45000 people. A week? Who’s running this operation? Dido Harding?

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Cats. I’ve not seen a single one in any of the vaccine centre footage. Very selfish creatures and I’m a cat owner (well one lives rent free in my house anyway). 

To be fair they social distance better than some blerts

even-cats-are-social-distancing-meme.jpg

• Upvote 4

We can't get back to "normal" until either everybody has the jab or the virus and it's variants have disappeared (neither will happen) or until there are limitations on those who refuse the jab. If 30% or so of the population are high risk or vulnerable and know that the jabs are (say) only 90% effective then there will be a lot of people who won't be happy going to pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres etc if they know they might be sitting for a few hours next to virus carriers.  

So we either prioritise the rights of the vulnerable who have done everything they can to make themselves and society safe or the rights of the selfish or can't-be-bothered. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Appreciate the reply, I think most people try and avoid taking medication unless necessary, this is Necessary, that's the sum total.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

https://www.narcolepsy.org.uk/resources/pandemrix-narcolepsy

I know a girl whose kid ended up being one of the unlucky ones after getting the Swine flu vaccination a few years back. Poor kids chance of a decent life was more or less over at the age of 7. 

The family went through a terrible time trying to get this recognised and it ended up with them

splitting up. 

Just hope this new vacc has been tested to the extremes. 

Heartbreaking.

I just hope we don't go the same way with this vaccine, sacrificing the lives of children for octogenarians.