You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend me a mini projector

elvis

@elvis alright mate, I got my missus this for her birthday. It was actually 80 quid but looks like they've knocked a tenner off. It's superb. We watch a film on the bedroom wall most nights. It's like being in the pictures. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-Portable-Support-Chromecast-Compatible/dp/B07HQQ749Q/ref=sr_1_3?crid=30S2SPKNUWLY4&dchild=1&keywords=apeman+projector&qid=1607964531&sprefix=apeman+projector%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-3

The same brand do more expensive ones so I imagine they are even sharper but you can't go wrong with that one we got. 

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

@elvis alright mate, I got my missus this for her birthday. It was actually 80 quid but looks like they've knocked a tenner off. It's superb. We watch a film on the bedroom wall most nights. It's like being in the pictures. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-Portable-Support-Chromecast-Compatible/dp/B07HQQ749Q/ref=sr_1_3?crid=30S2SPKNUWLY4&dchild=1&keywords=apeman+projector&qid=1607964531&sprefix=apeman+projector%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-3

The same brand do more expensive ones so I imagine they are even sharper but you can't go wrong with that one we got. 

Nice one , do you put a firestick in it ? ( Projector not girlfriend )

On 14/12/2020 at 16:50, Bjornebye said:

I can get this for £56. Fuckity fuck. Fuckity fuckity fuck. Do I? Don't I? Fuckity fuckity fuckity fuck! £56. FUCK!!! How does the sound work?

11 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I can get this for £56. Fuckity fuck. Fuckity fuckity fuck. Do I? Don't I? Fuckity fuckity fuckity fuck! £56. FUCK!!! How does the sound work?

The Q&A on the Amazon link says you can connect to your own speakers but it only plays Stereo.  Dolby is not compatible.  I think there's a speaker within the unit as well.

I bought an Abox projector a couple of years back. It cost around 80 quid. It performed pretty well when the room was dark, but it wasn't much good with any real level of daylight. The built in speaks were OKish too. It was enough to get me into enjoying the experience and I ended up going all in and getting a much higher quality one from Benq, along with a surround sound set up - which is fucking amazing. The kids use the Abox now though and I am sure like the one posted earlier in the thread, it will work just fine with a chromecast or Firestick in the hdmi - talking of which the firestick lite is on offer at argos at the moment for 18 quid. 

On 15/12/2020 at 08:19, elvis said:

Nice one , do you put a firestick in it ? ( Projector not girlfriend )

We just use her work laptop as you need to get a special lead for a MacBook. Well I actually bought the compatible lead but the cunt wouldn't work because its not an Apple one. But it comes with a lead that just plugs into your laptop so you can watch Netflix/Amazon/X videos superbly. I can't recommend it enough @elvis

On 15/12/2020 at 19:56, Fluter in Dakota said:

The sounds fine, it has a built in speaker. It does stuff I haven't even tried working out yet so you can probably get better speakers. Absolutely get it @Fluter in Dakota 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We just use her work laptop as you need to get a special lead for a MacBook. Well I actually bought the compatible lead but the cunt wouldn't work because its not an Apple one. But it comes with a lead that just plugs into your laptop so you can watch Netflix/Amazon/X videos superbly. I can't recommend it enough @elvis

The sounds fine, it has a built in speaker. It does stuff I haven't even tried working out yet so you can probably get better speakers. Absolutely get it @Fluter in Dakota 

I've ordered and received it for £56. Looks like a great deal. £20 plus 14% voucher off aswell. Sweet.

On 20/12/2020 at 10:03, elvis said:

What do you think of it ?

I've only taken it out of the box so far. Seems compact, I'm going to give it a try over the next few days if I get the chance. I suspect I will as I'm not working again until further notice.

So my projector arrived , and for the money it's fantastic, my only issue is the focusing . When I'm on YouTube or smarters app/firestick it's almost impossible to get the text  in focus.  It probably won't bother me when I watch a film , but I'm on YouTube a lot so just wondering if any of you two can help ? 

Other than that , for £60 it's great. 

On 26/12/2020 at 10:00, elvis said:

So my projector arrived , and for the money it's fantastic, my only issue is the focusing . When I'm on YouTube or smarters app/firestick it's almost impossible to get the text  in focus.  It probably won't bother me when I watch a film , but I'm on YouTube a lot so just wondering if any of you two can help ? 

Other than that , for £60 it's great. 

Never had any problems mate but I only watch Netflix on it. Not tried YouTube