You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chess?

Bruce Spanner

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bad sports these Norwegians, lose for the first time for 20 years and say their opponent must have cheated without a shred of evidence.

So much in one post. Firstly, he has lost many games of chess in the last 20 years (the longest he ever went unbeaten was just over 2 years, until he lost in late 2020). Second, you are talking about a guy, in his opponent, who cheated multiple times before in tournaments as recently as up to 36 months ago. When he - Niemann - replaced Rapport in the open, Nepo (who was runner up in the most recent Chess World Championships) asked for more security measures, which weren’t put in place before Magnus left. Magnus also was going to pull out before - before - he played Niemann. 

This is not a guy who is sour about losing. It’s a guy who is such a chess prodigy that when shown a position from any of his games or many others and instant recognises the games. As Magnus (the highest rated player in the history of chess) said, there’s only a few players in the world that could do what Hans did with the black pieces. Even after the loss, he still qualified above anybody else. If you were ever going to trust somebody to know the difference between natural chess and machine chess, it’s Magnus. Fuck, in this video he even remembers the details of games that were happening next to him in junior matches 20 years ago. As for shred of evidence… unless somebody searches his armpits or arsehole for a device, what evidence? 

Unless you’re just trying to wind-up Code, in which case I agree with everything you said, fuck Magnus Carlson he’s dogshit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Bad sports these Norwegians, lose for the first time for 20 years and say their opponent must have cheated without a shred of evidence.

There does seem to be some indications though. He has admitted to have cheated in the past in online chess games: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/magnus-carlsen-quit-against-hans-niemann-over-chess-cheating-scandal-i-believe-that-niemann-has-cheated-more/

and also his last 10 games has been analysed as being 100% correct, something Yosha Iglesias believe no-one can do, except for a computer.

On 29/11/2020 at 20:45, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve been playing quite a bit this week. I am fucking horrific. 

I’ve been playing pretty much non-stop since this, though I did have a period where I deleted the app in a huff. I’m definitely way better than I was two years ago. It’s just fucking hard. It’s incredibly punishing, I find. The realisation that I’m a fucking idiot in comparison to even mediocre players who play at tournaments hurts my feelings and bruises my ego. Best win I’ve had is at around 1600 I beat a player at 1706, but he was hard pushed on time. I generally don’t play ranked now, I find it a bit taxing. I suspect my real ranking is somewhere around 1400-1500, though it’s currently at an elevated 1602. Because I haven’t played much on this account since I started playing again.

I’m as good as I’m going to get without actually putting in effort and learning the game from books, which I never wanted to do. I will have to learn opening and do puzzles if I want to actually improve and get into the realms of the actually decent players. I actually need to take more time too, because I occasionally lose to worse players who I’m up a couple of pieces against because I lose concentration. I’ll often have 7 minutes on the clock and they’ll have 2, only to pull out a move that I didn’t see because I was finding it super easy until that point. That’s when I actually get frustrated at myself. 

In the new year I think I will do some courses and see if I can’t learn the theory of the game at a decent level. I would really like to be in the 1800 range, but these guys start to take chess really seriously from that point. Even the bits at that level are too much for me. Though I used to struggle against the 1300 and 1500 bots and beat those quite handily now. 

• Upvote 1

My Son has joined a chess club near us of late and got really into playing it online. Its not for me,although I was ok at it a few years back. My claim to fame was that I won one game of chess against somebody who was born and lived behind the Iron Curtain for about 35 years. I showed that Commie how it was done!

• Upvote 2

On 30/11/2020 at 09:53, Elite said:

I'm shit as well. I play worse on computers as well compared to a physical board.

I have the best of both, but it’s getting old now. A physical chess computer. Bought it for my Dad when he retired in 1992.

Novag Crystal.

66B14441-8CFD-40F1-8F60-74546538DE8D.jpeg

12 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So much in one post. Firstly, he has lost many games of chess in the last 20 years (the longest he ever went unbeaten was just over 2 years, until he lost in late 2020). Second, you are talking about a guy, in his opponent, who cheated multiple times before in tournaments as recently as up to 36 months ago. When he - Niemann - replaced Rapport in the open, Nepo (who was runner up in the most recent Chess World Championships) asked for more security measures, which weren’t put in place before Magnus left. Magnus also was going to pull out before - before - he played Niemann. 

This is not a guy who is sour about losing. It’s a guy who is such a chess prodigy that when shown a position from any of his games or many others and instant recognises the games. As Magnus (the highest rated player in the history of chess) said, there’s only a few players in the world that could do what Hans did with the black pieces. Even after the loss, he still qualified above anybody else. If you were ever going to trust somebody to know the difference between natural chess and machine chess, it’s Magnus. Fuck, in this video he even remembers the details of games that were happening next to him in junior matches 20 years ago. As for shred of evidence… unless somebody searches his armpits or arsehole for a device, what evidence? 

Unless you’re just trying to wind-up Code, in which case I agree with everything you said, fuck Magnus Carlson he’s dogshit. 

Yeah I trust him on this one. Hans also looks and acts like a total cunt which is proof enough for me, the floppy haired twat.

Started a new account on Chess.com it's KMD_SEVEN.

I'm still shit.

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Yeah I trust him on this one. Hans also looks and acts like a total cunt which is proof enough for me, the floppy haired twat.

Started a new account on Chess.com it's KMD_SEVEN.

I'm still shit.

Just shove some anal beads up your shitter and you’ll be beating everyone.

Chess.com is up Magnus's arse, they even had to deny he was influencing them in the report. The main expert in chess fraud has said that there is no evidence whatsoever that Niemann cheated in his recent game with Carlsen. I imagine that lower level online chess games are rife with people getting a bit of extra help, with little supervision.

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Chess.com is up Magnus's arse, they even had to deny he was influencing them in the report. The main expert in chess fraud has said that there is no evidence whatsoever that Niemann cheated in his recent game with Carlsen. I imagine that lower level online chess games are rife with people getting a bit of extra help, with little supervision.

So not Anal beads but website then?  Clever fucker getting a website up his arse. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

Clueless as per usual. Hans clearly cheated multiple times including in pro league. Not sure why you’re being so blinkered about this, but you do like to back an underdog and then get entrenched, so I guess there’s that. 

• Upvote 1