You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League to charge £14.95 PPV for each non-televised games

1892-LFCWasBorn

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

£14.95 per match on top of your subscription fee (£300 per year with BT, £400 per year for Sky) plus installation and line rental charges to see games played in empty stadiums. I can feel football drifting away.

To be fair it’s extra games that wouldn’t have been televised so you aren’t losing any games from your sky subscription in terms of volume.

The problem is that it opens it up for Sky to abuse.  Say Liverpool v City comes up in the set of fixtures normally Sky would be all over it and get it on a Sunday etc but now they will surely be inclined to select the 5 worst games to go in their normal slots and box office the good games.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Guest said:

To be fair it’s extra games that wouldn’t have been televised so you aren’t losing any games from your sky subscription in terms of volume.

The problem is that it opens it up for Sky to abuse.  Say Liverpool v City comes up in the set of fixtures normally Sky would be all over it and get it on a Sunday etc but now they will surely be inclined to select the 5 worst games to go in their normal slots and box office the good games.

From what I’ve read, any money it generates goes to the clubs rather than Sky or BT, so Sky are still going to want all the big matches to sell subscriptions.

9 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

In comparison, if you know the right people, you can buy stadium feeds that bookies use (no delays like Sky or BT) to watch every single sport daily you can watch which will cost you around £1k a year.

That's how bonkers it is charging £14.95 for a one off game.

Stadium feeds you say?

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

If it wasnt on top of the Sky, BT Amazon subscription and it was just your club's games, I dont think it would be a bad deal.

Id ditch Sky Sport and probably my seassie if I could watch every Liverpool home and away game for 15 quid each. It would still be half my seassie costs.

Move your Sky dish to 19.2, buy a satellite box for around £50, £20 for a year ‘dodgy’ Sly Germany sub. (Box must be connected to internet)  Every Single match since Covid, every Liverpool match Pre-Covid. Sorted. 

4 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Move your Sky dish to 19.2, buy a satellite box for around £50, £20 for a year ‘dodgy’ Sly Germany sub. (Box must be connected to internet)  Every Single match since Covid, every Liverpool match Pre-Covid. Sorted. 

Yeah nice idea but I really couldnt be arsed with that mate. Yep, I know it's my choice but I want an easy life!

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah nice idea but I really couldnt be arsed with that mate. Yep, I know it's my choice but I want an easy life!

It’s very easy, if you don’t want the hassle, plenty of shops that’ll realign your dish for about £30, after that, an hour of your time sorting the box out and buying a sub. It’s well worth it. I got a motorised dish and get the lot around Europe. I’ve not missed a match for 12 years, the money I’ve saved on TV subs in that time! There’s loads of tutorials on the web, just gotta know the buzz words and what to search for, any problems/questions i’m always here to help out. Once it’s up and running, it’s ace. 

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The irony being you could maybe justify it if you decided to get a few mates round and split the cost but obviously you now not allowed to due this due to Covid restrictions. 

Fuck the pathetic rules, that’s what I’ll be doing.

£15 is a joke really. I know most of our games are on TV anyway, but I bet our game v Sheff Utd will be on this.

Seeing the Premiership is getting a bit of shit bet that they renage on £15 & reduce it to £10.

• Downvote 1