You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

14 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Ireland as well. Used to always have a few really good players. I don't think I know a Russian player, or a Hungarian player and when I was a kid they were always really good. Serbia have a few good players but not exactly the great players from the old Yugoslavia.

I still love the latter stages of tournaments when it's the really top teams.

The last good Hungarian player was Detari, and he was not so good. You really  have to go back to the 50’.

Ukraine had a really good team on the late 90’ and early 00 with Shevchenko, Rebrov, Maximov, Loujni ect but were very unlucky and also missing a bit of self confidence. Rebrov was very very good but did not the chance to have the right people around him to help him succeed, and then Hoddle destroyed him.

Seen one sports pages saying they got or getting 150m for Hazard 'with add ons.' What adds on are they then that pays the thick end of 60m because the fat cunt is always injured! They were saying his fee was 89m when he was sold. Now it was 39m up front with two further payments of 50m+!

There's some fucking money laundering going on at chelsea because they report receiving some huge fees for virtually every one of their major players who has left. They're saying Kante is available at 80m! 80m for a 29 year old supposedly in the last year of his contract and cannot seem to get in Fwank's best 11? Hmmm!

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Seen one sports pages saying they got or getting 150m for Hazard 'with add ons.' What adds on are they then that pays the thick end of 60m because the fat cunt is always injured! They were saying his fee was 89m when he was sold. Now it was 39m up front with two further payments of 50m+!

There's some fucking money laundering going on at chelsea because they report receiving some huge fees for virtually every one of their major players who has left. They're saying Kante is available at 80m! 80m for a 29 year old supposedly in the last year of his contract and cannot seem to get in Fwank's best 11? Hmmm!

80m for him, he's been injured for ages as well. Real price would be around what Barcelona are prepared to pay for Wijnaldum.

5 hours ago, Arnaud said:

The last good Hungarian player was Detari, and he was not so good. You really  have to go back to the 50’.

Ukraine had a really good team on the late 90’ and early 00 with Shevchenko, Rebrov, Maximov, Loujni ect but were very unlucky and also missing a bit of self confidence. Rebrov was very very good but did not the chance to have the right people around him to help him succeed, and then Hoddle destroyed him.

Ukraine are meant to have a few really good youngsters coming through. 

Did a goal bet tonight. A few 2.5s. I never learn when it comes to international football.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Ukraine are meant to have a few really good youngsters coming through. 

Did a goal bet tonight. A few 2.5s. I never learn when it comes to international football.

Yes they won a youth WC last year I think , under something. Lots of young players coming up it seems. 

I’ve always loved the Lobanovski way of football, Gegen pressing   

behind the wall. Watch the C2 final in 86, Dynamo Kiev - Athletico Madrid, it was fantastic.