You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia Report

Bjornebye

Due to be released today. Lets see how the Tories deflect this. Lets see how the BBC report on it throughout the day and coming weeks. Lets see if anyone at all is held to account for all the bullshit and meddling. 

I fucking hate this government. 

• Upvote 2

We’re just not living in the kind of democracy anymore (maybe we never have) where this kind of thing can’t be suppressed to death. Even if there are shreds of something in it, it won’t be reported fully, followed up on properly and, by and large, their voting public won’t care anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Probably fuck all to it, but it'll give the media a few headlines to distract from the parliamentary votes to fuck the NHS, agriculture, and trade deals. 

Yup, with Pompeo in town as well today the stars are aligning! 

This is a fucking disgrace.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Due to be released today. Lets see how the Tories deflect this. Lets see how the BBC report on it throughout the day and coming weeks. Lets see if anyone at all is held to account for all the bullshit and meddling. 

I fucking hate this government. 

I heard Steven Spielberg was called in to help with the rewrites. It's been delayed more times than a Christopher Nolan extravaganza and it will probably make even less sense.

After many rumours, the public is now finally getting a chance to see the report. But it will not see everything.

Some parts are expected to be redacted or censored. And there is also a classified version which will be for official eyes only.

The cunts are getting a kicking.

No evidence of colusion, but a lot of questions as to why this is allowed?

They'll brush it of as pesky Russians with their sophisticated teams befuddled the straight batting Brits with their computer wizadry.

Cunts, one hand washed the other clean here and they can't pin it on anybody dirctly so everybody gets off.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Corrupt cunts. Didn't even investigate Brexit involvement. 

I bet they did but left it out. 

No, the Gov didn't investigate, not the committee, they, the Gov, 'dropped the ball'.

They're kicking the Gov for being useless and implying they are complicit, but have no evidence to go for the throat.

There have been widespread allegations that Russia sought to influence voters in the 2016 referendum on the UK’s membership of the EU: studies have pointed to the preponderance of pro-Brexit or anti-EU stories on RT and Sputnik, and the use of ‘bots’ and ‘trolls’, as evidence. The actual impact of such attempts on the result itself would be difficult – if not impossible – to prove. However what is clear is that the government was slow to recognise the existence of the threat – only understanding it after the ‘hack and leak’ operation against the Democratic National Committee, when it should have been seen as early as 2014. As a result the government did not take action to protect the UK’s process in 2016. The committee has not been provided with any post-referendum assessment - in stark contrast to the US response to reports of interference in the 2016 presidential election. In our view there must be an analogous assessment of Russian interference in the EU referendum.

From the report.

The problem with our establishment is that they've always been willing to sellout the country to money, power and foreign vested interests. The blue bloods spent a large part of the early stages of World War 2 trying to knife Churchill and do a separate peace with the Nazis. Before the 'war on terror' London was probably home to every Middle East government in exile and extremist barm-pot under the sun, now it's home to all manner of unsavoury oligarchs. 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The problem with our establishment is that they've always been willing to sellout the country to money, power and foreign vested interests. The blue bloods spent a large part of the early stages of World War 2 trying to knife Churchill and do a separate peace with the Nazis. Before the 'war on terror' London was probably home to every Middle East government in exile and extremist barm-pot under the sun, now it's home to all manner of unsavoury oligarchs. 

London = Mos Eisley

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Come on, mate. That’s really unfair.

London is way, way worse than Mos Eisley.

I've never met anyone with the death sentence in eight systems in London.

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’ve refused an inquiry, I wonder why? 

I honestly would not be surprised if there's mass collusion here. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't. 

This report is one of those areas that I think is a tactically safe place to hit the government from Labour and Starmer. The ISC have just sat on a panel and said something like 'it was expect that we would speak about Russian interference in Brexit. We are saying it is worse than that; the government had no idea if there was anything going on and didn't even look for it'. This is one of those areas where they need to absolutely fucking slap it onto Johnson's head.

At this point I cant see anything from outside bringing this government down. Politicians have got onto the fact that the general public's attention span is basically from one episode of Love Island to the next, and you can ride anything out.

Starmer will probably do well at PMQs with this report,  but the massive amount of people thicker than the red wall who think ' Boris is a laugh ' will sleepwalk onward.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Numero said:

I honestly would not be surprised if there's mass collusion here. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't. 

This report is one of those areas that I think is a tactically safe place to hit the government from Labour and Starmer. The ISC have just sat on a panel and said something like 'it was expect that we would speak about Russian interference in Brexit. We are saying it is worse than that; the government had no idea if there was anything going on and didn't even look for it'. This is one of those areas where they need to absolutely fucking slap it onto Johnson's head.

When though, summer recess starts soon and they’ll be little accountability during that so it’s going to take a concerted effort to even keep it in the public’s consciousness, let alone keep up the hunger for heads.

If the UK wasn’t a shambles there’s enough in this to bring down the Govt. or at the very least bring about a resignation or two.

As it is, a couple of memes on social media with ‘Bozza’ wearing a Union Jack hat and declaring war on the EU and all will be forgotten (assuming it ever registered in the first place).

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

At this point I cant see anything from outside bringing this government down. Politicians have got onto the fact that the general public's attention span is basically from one episode of Love Island to the next, and you can ride anything out.

Starmer will probably do well at PMQs with this report,  but the massive amount of people thicker than the red wall who think ' Boris is a laugh ' will sleepwalk onward.

Sadly true, I fear.