You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

11 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Or, it’s a very deliberate policy that allows the left to tie itself up in introspective knots on itself, predictably, whilst the right looks on with a knowing smile.

They know what they’re doing. 

Yep

They're not even 'right' wing in the traditional sense. They don't care about 'the state', empire, the military, the police, patriotism, white vs black or rich vs poor, they merely do whatever is in their immediate self interest. The people who espouse these views are doing it because there's a market for it, it's their product and they have very limited abilities and no chance to sell anything else. 

Farage is case in point, after 'achieving' Brexit he needs to get on telly and make money, so it's migrant boats. After that it'll be something else, there's about 20 or 30 of these fuckers, most of them on Talk Radio or writing columns for the Mail on Sunday. If you paid them enough to eulogise over Stalinism or say the Britsih Empire was a racist endeavour they would, it's all purely about the money. 

If you could sum up this entire demographic, and this entire era, it'd be Steve Bannon being arrested on a Chinese super yacht for trying to defraud hillbillies for a wall. 

• Upvote 2

Here’s one of the blokes he called out.  Blake accused Fox of being racist, Fox said he wasn’t.  He responded by called Blake a kiddy fiddler, he said he wasn’t.  Fox said you don’t get to accuse me of something if theres no evidence.  This is why it’s bad.  Blake deletes and apologises and then threatens to sue. 

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

He's withdrawn calling him a twat, still saying that he feels he was being racist. 

Then he needs to be able to back it up. Which I think he’ll find hard.  

Fox is a grifter, he seems to be trying to fill the Hopkins void. But every now and again he does have a point. Stopped clock I suppose.  

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fox is a grifter, he seems to be trying to fill the Hopkins void. But every now and again he does have a point. Stopped clock I suppose.  

Nah come on. Fox is a racist. Boycotting a supermarket who say racists aren't welcome and actively announcing it to however many followers he has? That implies a racist attitude to me. Fuck him. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah come on. Fox is a racist. Boycotting a supermarket who say racists aren't welcome and actively announcing it to however many followers he has? That implies a racist attitude to me. Fuck him. 

Come on, a supermarket saying ‘if you’re racist don’t come in here’ is pretty transparent.  Have a look how many people have since said they’ve shopped at Sainsbury’s on the back of it. What did they actually expect to happen, all the Brexiteers going to Asda. The perceived wisdom is that a lot of Brexiteers are racist, so if say sales dropped 10% what do you think would happen? 

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to infer from the things he's been saying over the last year. He has a clear pattern of meeting discussions about prejudice with erroneous claims that white people are the real victims.

Even here he's making a nonsense claim that a 'safe space' policy is racist (anti-white), rather than anti-racist.

He has no point whatsoever. 

Either way, I don't think it discounts out the claim that he made a defamatory remark either. There's no "he started it" clause in the law as far as I know.

I think you're reading far too much into this Rico, where are you getting the Brexit stuff from?

I've read and re-read that Sainsbury's thing and I don't see what the big deal is at all, they're expressing solidarity as part of Black History Month and saying to people if they have a problem with it to shop elsewhere. If people are saying that's discriminatory then their logic must be 'I'm racist but have been told I'm not welcome so that's discriminating against my God-given right to be racist.' Bonkers. 

I genuinely think this Fox guy is unwell. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to infer from the things he's been saying over the last year. He has a clear pattern of meeting discussions about prejudice with erroneous claims that white people are the real victims.

Even here he's making a nonsense claim that a 'safe space' policy is racist (anti-white), rather than anti-racist.

Either way, I don't think it discounts out the claim that he made a defamatory remark either. There's no "he started it" clause in the law as far as I know.

You have to be able to prove it. I think there’s a reasonableness test but it’s a big claim to make unless you are sure.  Truth being the ultimate defence.   

I suspect an exchange of letters, they will both withdraw the claims.  

But a supermarket, making a statement like Sainsbury’s is aimed at selling more veg.   Nothing else. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It seems to be following a similar pattern to Riley and various others.

Someone dipping their toe in to a world they haven't got a fucking clue about and finding a hurricane of piss flying in to their face. 

Loads of others must do the same but bail early. Those that hang around just look mentally ill after a while.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I think you're reading far too much into this Rico, where are you getting the Brexit stuff from?

I've read and re-read that Sainsbury's thing and I don't see what the big deal is at all, they're expressing solidarity as part of Black History Month and saying to people if they have a problem with it to shop elsewhere. If people are saying that's discriminatory then their logic must be 'I'm racist but have been told I'm not welcome so that's discriminating against my God-given right to be racist.' Bonkers. 

Sainsbury’s are simply trying to sell more shit.  That’s the end of it.  Do they really expect racists to stop shopping there?  Is posturing.  

On the Brexit thing I was using it as an example.  On here the general feeing is that Brexit was fuelled by racism for many.  Say a proportion of the people who voted Brexit were racist, saw the advert and said ‘Fuck off then I’m going to Asda’ resulting in massive reduction in sales.  You’ll say ‘That’ll never happen’ and I agree. So it’s a risk free virtue signal. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Someone dipping their toe in to a world they haven't got a fucking clue about and finding a hurricane of piss flying in to their face. 

Loads of others must do the same but bail early. Those that hang around just look mentally ill after a while.

She seems to have done ok on the libel front.  

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

His view is that any exclusion based on race is bad. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Sainsbury’s are simply trying to sell more shit.  That’s the end of it.  Do they really expect racists to stop shopping there?  Is posturing.  

On the Brexit thing I was using it as an example.  On here the general feeing is that Brexit was fuelled by racism for many.  Say a proportion of the people who voted Brexit were racist, saw the advert and said ‘Fuck off then I’m going to Asda’ resulting in massive reduction in sales.  You’ll say ‘That’ll never happen’ and I agree. So it’s a risk free virtue signal. 

Yeah without a doubt, not disputing that. The one by ours has a foodbank collection right next to a string of automated tills, which presumably have replaced human staff who may themselves now need to use a foodbank. The hypocrisy of big business is legendary, but that's not what he's getting at there, he's just being a tit. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You have to be able to prove it. I think there’s a reasonableness test but it’s a big claim to make unless you are sure.  Truth being the ultimate defence.   

I suspect an exchange of letters, they will both withdraw the claims.  

But a supermarket, making a statement like Sainsbury’s is aimed at selling more veg.   Nothing else. 

You don't have to prove it, you may only have to show it's reasonable. I assume that might depend on the evidence showing harm done as well, which Mr Fox might struggle to provide as I wouldn't be surprised if he's had an increase on his patreon. He's already fucked his main career himself.

I would think a settlement is most likely.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah that's spot on, it seems to be a genuine phenomenon related to social media, we've seen it lots of times before with the likes of Riley as you say. The more grief they get the more they double down and find comfort in the types of people who are holding them up as a poster boy/girl, while also becoming more and more convinced that the 'side' that's laying on the grief is wholly bad and wholly wrong.