You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

My guess is they took a nothing can happen we have to be seen to be saying nothing can or should happen view.

Screens in the ground?

They've done fuck all.  And communicated fuck all about doing fuck all.  

Just now, dockers_strike said:

So 'we dont know' but it's 'shit communication' and a 'joke.' Yeah pure hyperbole yet again.

Saying nothing is shit communication by definition.

If they have said something point me to it and I will happily retract.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

Saying nothing is shit communication by definition.

If they have said something point me to it and I will happily retract.

Saying 'we dont know' but then saying it's shit communication is just pure hyperbole. You've admitted you \ we dont know what the club has done. You're equating what you \ we 'dont know' means the club have done fuck all when it doesnt. It just means you know fuck all.

Did you miss Jurgen and Hendo saying 'stay home' or what? Hyperbole just comes from one side. Apparently.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Saying 'we dont know' but then saying it's shit communication is just pure hyperbole. You've admitted you \ we dont know what the club has done. You're equating what you \ we 'dont know' means the club have done fuck all when it doesnt. It just means you know fuck all.

Did you miss Jurgen and Hendo saying 'stay home' or what? Hyperbole just comes from one side. Apparently.

What? We don't know is the point, that means there has been poor communication, that is not hyperbole.  If we do know and I've missed it then point me to it and I will retract. 

I clearly was not talking about the stay home message coming from the manager and captain, I was talking about what those at the top of the club have or have not tried to organise in order to have some supporter participation, or to meet the inevitable challenge head on.

You might not need that communication and fair enough that's up to you, but it's still poor communication.

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Kanye and Coldplay for the music during the celebrations. It's as if they consulted me.

Kanye? That fellow is fucking nuts! Should get some Quo on!

51 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Kanye and Coldplay for the music during the celebrations. It's as if they consulted me.

Never heard Kanye and nor do I want to, but  fucking Coldplay? I've only heard the most miserable boring shit from them. 

Saying that though I was once reading what they listened to in the 80s so some things don't change, great footy players  but I'd give their parties a miss. 

It's all a bit of a non event for me sadly but at least I know we're the Champions and that'll do for me, giving Chelsea a caning would be even better. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Moo said:

But we don't even know if the club tried to arrange anything with the council/police/authorities, do we? 

Shit communication, a joke from the top down.

Could the club legally organise anything if they wanted to. Mass gatherings are outlawed aren't they? It's not ideal, but as others have said, it's a proper fuck up because lockdown is effectively over and everyone is going to be in the pub and we're always getting told how gatherings are safer outside than in. I understand people are going to want to go there, but personally I think for the reputation of the club they should settle for doing something else like the rest of us. 

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

This.

The club wanted players' families to be in the ground tonight for the trophy lift. The PL was OK with it. Rumour has it the ground safety council have refused to agree. Hello, who do the players live with?

The Main Stand holds over 12,000 and this body decided as a one off the families cannot see their hubbies lift the trophy?

Oh yeah, it will encourage thousands to descend on Anfield. Whatever.

This fucking nonesense has to end.

I think the players before a match go into a bubble away from their families don't they? They get tested and then stay together so there's minimal chance of outside infection. So the players wives coming along is kind of a risk. However I can't understand how they couldn't go into one of the lounges and have it open as a bar like any pub up and down the country and just keep their social distance inside. 

Liverpool assistant coach Peter Krawietz says Liverpool will apply a “fundamental” change in tactics in the coming months.

The Reds have proved far better than their Premier League counterparts this season, deservedly ending their 30-year wait for a league title.

Indeed, Jurgen Klopp‘s side did the hard work before the coronavirus lockdown, with 27 wins from 29 games.

However, Klopp insisted on Tuesday that the title win would not be Liverpool’s last great moment before he departs.

Now, Speaking to Goal, his assistant Krawietz has explained how he has begun preparing for more success by analysing Liverpool’s performances in “great detail”.

“Above all, I reflected on our work processes, thought about our game and documented it,” the German said when asked how he had spent the footballing hiatus.

“I looked at a series of two or three games in great detail. Sometimes I spent several days with a game: rewinding and fast forward and thinking about in detail why which situations happened.

“From this, something fundamental has now emerged that we want to use in the coming months.

Peter Krawietz Liverpool

“It’s mainly about details and small adjustments around our game principles. I’ve been trying, so to speak, to turn ideas into insights so that we can take the next small step.”

Liverpool’s squad will largely look the same next season, although their willingness to spend on new signings is unclear; the Reds backed away from a deal for Timo Werner, allowing Chelsea to swoop in.

What’s more, Klopp has reiterated that the recent lack of revenue has hit his side’s finances hard.

As such, Liverpool could make several in-house changes, including replacing Adam Lallana with Curtis Jones.

Liverpool could also hand Jones’ fellow youngster Harvey Elliott an increased role next season, as hinted at by Krawietz.

“We are very optimistic that we will be able to accompany his path successfully so that he will become a valuable member of the professional team in the foreseeable future,” the assistant coach said of Elliott.

“He has a great character and already offers a great soccer package. The football understanding bubbles out of his ears.”

Klopp has previously labelled former Fulham youngster Elliott’s progress as “unbelievable”.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh god Kanye fuck off. Unless its The New Workout Plan from College Dropout and loads of scouse birds come on the pitch in gym gear....

Surely it will be...