You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Luke loves his job. Does it with relish.

But he didn't answer the fellas second question with the relish in which he answered the first. In fact he didn't answer it at all.

Hi mate. Genuine question -  it trying to set anything up or lead you, but 100% intrigued, but if you had to vote tomorrow, who would you vote for? Or would you just fuck it off?

15 hours ago, Curly said:

Hi mate. Genuine question -  it trying to set anything up or lead you, but 100% intrigued, but if you had to vote tomorrow, who would you vote for? Or would you just fuck it off?

I'm a lifelong Labour voter and I know and like my Labour MP but I'd find it difficult to vote for them at present so I'd probably vote Plaid Cymru, National party of Wales. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Gnasher in selective outrage shocker.

EMB-GQ.jpg

You're not seriously compering the CQ Corbyn article to the Philips 'lady not for turning' 'I've had plastic surgery' guff in the Times are you? It's fucking embarrassing all the way down to the Adolf Hitler haircut. 

The grown ups back in charge.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I'm a lifelong Labour voter and I know and like my Labour MP but I'd find it difficult to vote for them at present so I'd probably vote Plaid Cymru, National party of Wales. 

Fair enough. I completely understand where you’re coming from with that.

Don’t you think there’s any chance that Starmer is trying to pull the needed right leaning votes in to win the election and will then revert to the original policies? I’m not saying I 100% believe it, but I am definitely hopeful.

Don’t you also consider that if lifelong labour voters like us start spoiling, abstaining and tactical or statement voting, we are giving the tories their best chance to stay in power?

It’s a bit like twisting on a 13 - there are more ways things can improve than to remain as they are or worsen. It’s a leap of faith at this point, but other choices only empower the current shit show we’ve been living through 

24 minutes ago, Curly said:

Fair enough. I completely understand where you’re coming from with that.

Don’t you think there’s any chance that Starmer is trying to pull the needed right leaning votes in to win the election and will then revert to the original policies? I’m not saying I 100% believe it, but I am definitely hopeful.

Don’t you also consider that if lifelong labour voters like us start spoiling, abstaining and tactical or statement voting, we are giving the tories their best chance to stay in power?

It’s a bit like twisting on a 13 - there are more ways things can improve than to remain as they are or worsen. It’s a leap of faith at this point, but other choices only empower the current shit show we’ve been living through 

Yeah i understand your points. it's certainly a catch 22 situation and a bit of a conundrum but in my opinion they' have moved far further to the right than was needed. Plus the Israeli faction has beeb given too much power. So it's made it difficult for me to give them my vote.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah i understand your points. it's certainly a catch 22 situation and a bit of a conundrum but in my opinion they' have moved far further to the right than was needed. Plus the Israeli faction has beeb given too much power. So it's made it difficult for me to give them my vote.

It is a shame that there isn’t the chance for starmer to be open about his stance as this country has been completely institutionalised into Tory thinking unfortunately. There’s a guy I saw a clip of who is going for the Canadian top job called Pierre Pollievre - I don’t know what party he represents, but I assume it is republican leaning as he was being pushed about Trudeau and left and right, but that short 10 minute interview made so much sense to me. He was talking about things like fast tracking foreign doctors in Canada to fill the gaps and voids in their health system, but to stop sending money overseas to fund projects they didn’t want to do in Canada. The sensible conversations which normally you could debate, but not in the UK now as it is so polarised. You’ll know more about that guy I’m sure, but I’m going to have a look into him a bit more this evening. Found him really captivating.

33 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He's leader of the Conservative party in Canada, Curly. I'd imagine they're probably a bit to the left of ours though.

Haha - that makes sense.

Is he a decent sort then or have I seen a brief clip and misread him in your opinion? I’ll try and find it now in case you haven’t seen it…

1 minute ago, Curly said:

Haha - that makes sense.

Is he a decent sort then or have I seen a brief clip and misread him in your opinion? I’ll try and find it now in case you haven’t seen it…

I couldn't tell you, to be honest, I just recognised the name. Poly and the other Canadian lads will know more.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You're not seriously compering the CQ Corbyn article to the Philips 'lady not for turning' 'I've had plastic surgery' guff in the Times are you? It's fucking embarrassing all the way down to the Adolf Hitler haircut. 

The grown ups back in charge.

She was flavour of the month last week because she quit the front bench, I can't keep up.

It goes without saying though everyone except corbyn is a potential villain, and it only takes an appearance on kuensberg, a tweet, or lack of a tweet, or slow to tweet, or a photo op, to very quickly become the villain.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

She was flavour of the month last week because she quit the front bench, I can't keep up.

It goes without saying though everyone except corbyn is a potential villain, and it only takes an appearance on kuensberg, a tweet, or lack of a tweet, or slow to tweet, or a photo op, to very quickly become the villain.

I think she voted as she did out of self interest. This latest photo shoot the same. She's a narcissistic self centered moron, which is why she's more than willing to make a fool of herself for a glossy magazine shoot 

13 minutes ago, Curly said:

Here’s the clip…

He seemed like a fairly traditional conservative, what you would expect in a normal country (unlike ours). More than anything else though, and also in complete contrast to most British politicians, he wasn't enormously uncomfortable. You could see a politician like that being very popular here. 

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He seemed like a fairly traditional conservative, what you would expect in a normal country (unlike ours). More than anything else though, and also in complete contrast to most British politicians, he wasn't enormously uncomfortable. You could see a politician like that being very popular here. 

Nice one for that mate.

I think I was thrown by wanting to utilise foreign talent that are blocked from working to boost their health service - seems a very left sensibility to me. 

I also quite liked how he said I don’t believe in left or right - where we have historically attached ourselves drives our decisions a lot these days, especially when you are staring into the debate. The hard whichever side look out and demand you stand with them on that point and topic or you’re a Tory/snowflake/woke whatever and it’s massively miserable.

I don’t even know what I am any more - I feel I just know what I’m not now. 

Yeah, he is easy to watch. Journalists do that all the time too - trot out labels and sound bites with nothing to substantiate them. It might even be that he was correct, but not being able to back those leading phrases is so common.

34 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think she voted as she did out of self interest. This latest photo shoot the same. She's a narcissistic self centered moron, which is why she's more than willing to make a fool of herself for a glossy magazine shoot 

Yeah she's a dickhead, always has been. The photoshoot stuff though doesn't bother me at all.

After Jess Phillips photo shoot as a Nazi type character from Cabaret yesterday, todays Times takes a more serious tone as Labours Wes Streeting takes on a more serious topic than a Phillips bizzare little fantasy.

I can't read full article as its behind a paywall and theirs no way I'm paying for but here is Rachel Clarks response. 

It looks like uncle Rups getting his moneys worth for pouring a few drinks down Starmers throat at his summer shindig. Labours green manifesto commitments were also torn up very quickly afterwards. 

A thread.

23 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

After Jess Phillips photo shoot as a Nazi type character from Cabaret yesterday, todays Times takes a more serious tone as Labours Wes Streeting takes on a more serious topic than a Phillips bizzare little fantasy.

I can't read full article as its behind a paywall and theirs no way I'm paying for but here is Rachel Clarks response. 

It looks like uncle Rups getting his moneys worth for pouring a few drinks down Starmers throat at his summer shindig. Labours green manifesto commitments were also torn up very quickly afterwards. 

A thread.

Yet another day when “Labour” give you an another reason to not vote for them.