You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You still testing free and clear, @Captain Turdseye?

Yes mate. All of us are fine on the LFT’s. 

My missus test got collected by the courier last night. The two older kids have gone into school. The school policies are crazy. Mind you, the boy has already had the Covid anyway.

I could have sent the youngest in because my missus hasn’t actually had the positive PCR yet, but she’s got a bit of a cold anyway so I’ve kept her home and we’ve just been to the drive through test centre to get me and her the all clear. Then I can send her to back to school on Wednesday knowing I’ve done everything I can. 

How are you doing?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah let's force vaccines on people that have no long term health info.

Some of you are fine with setting a precedent that could be a complete disaster for all of us. You might be fine with it now, but once that line is crossed we could all be fucked.

Imagine being in the US now and being fine with mandates because you've had your jab. You think others are being "selfish" and the mandate starts up. The chaos begins and after it's passed you think those that had mandates forced on them were idiots but you're glad they "got the jab."

Then several years later the Dems fuck things up once again and Trump returns. A new virus starts going around the world, but this time, most of us don't agree it's that serious at all. There's hardly any arguments about this virus, not like there is now. Most people think it's completely stupid that governments are freaking out at all and it's widely believed that there's some other motive behind it.

But big pharma, Trump, the FDA, the CDC and other governments around the world all agree that it's really serious. And the media start up their propaganda, and before you know it, Trump decides it's time to mandate a new vaccine that he's had rushed out at a stupidly fast speed.

And people are going to need boosters every few months as well.

Then other governments around the world quickly agree to the same mandates.

And the left goes crazy. Trump has definitely gone full Nazi this time they say. But it's too late, they agreed to the mandate years back, they set the precedent. And now they're going to have to get the jab whether they like it or not along with everyone else.

And then a few years later it turns out that the entire vaccine has been a complete shambles and people are having long term side effects. The Trump admin had it rushed out way too fast so that Trump could look good and improve his ratings but they didn't cover all of even the most basic health tests. People are out in the streets rioting, Trump sends out the troops to calm things down, things spiral even more out of control. The process starts repeating in other countries around the world, health professionals are scrambling to deal with more people turning up in hospitals with the long term side effects, protesters and rioters are branded as terrorists, nobody has any idea of where the end of the madness will be.

But you agreed to it years back, you helped set the precedent. And the result years later is a complete nightmare.

Doesn't sound so good now does it?

The entire point is that if you agree to it now, you might not agree at all with who's doing this later on, and why they're doing it. It's one of the most dangerous and reckless things we could possibly do. Not just for us, but also for future generations.

Some of us whilst still being unvaccinated are seriously concerned about the path this sets us on, along with some of vaccinated that also share the same concerns, it's not just about being "selfish."

Cool story. You should pitch it to Netflix. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Oh, it is his business.  Silly me.  Okay, well last night I had a lamb steak with mashed potato, turnips and carrots.

Today I've had two rashers of bacon, a fried egg, one fried slice, a vegetable samosa, a can of Diet Coke and a "Grab Bag" of cheese & onion McCoys.  

You can drop the Diet Coke, mate. Not much nutritional value in there.

Three key Covid vaccines announcements: 

- Boosters expanded to include all over-18s

- Third doses fast tracked with the gap between the 2nd and 3rd doses halved from 6 to 3 months

- Children aged 12 to 15 will now be offered second doses

These seem like strange measures when we haven't quantified the problem of the new variant. If the South African observations are correct and symptoms are piss weak, then why the rush to jab a load more people?

It's this kind of shit that makes me distrust the motives.

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yes mate. All of us are fine on the LFT’s. 

My missus test got collected by the courier last night. The two older kids have gone into school. The school policies are crazy. Mind you, the boy has already had the Covid anyway.

I could have sent the youngest in because my missus hasn’t actually had the positive PCR yet, but she’s got a bit of a cold anyway so I’ve kept her home and we’ve just been to the drive through test centre to get me and her the all clear. Then I can send her to back to school on Wednesday knowing I’ve done everything I can. 

How are you doing?

Not too bad, bit bored and stir crazy over the weekend. Definitely could have done with the option of getting out the house. Aches and pains, cough has come on more, but not too much. Got a delivery from boots through and found I couldn't smell any of it.

The random drops in energy are the biggest issue now I'm trying to get some work done, but thankful it's fatigue rather than any respiratory issue.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Not too bad, bit bored and stir crazy over the weekend. Definitely could have done with the option of getting out the house. Aches and pains, cough has come on more, but not too much. Got a delivery from boots through and found I couldn't smell any of it.

The random drops in energy are the biggest issue now I'm trying to get some work done, but thankful it's fatigue rather than any respiratory issue.

Fingers crossed that it doesn’t get any worse for you, Pete. It feels like it’s rampant at the moment. I definitely know more people who’ve had it this autumn than at any point since it started. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

When it’s effecting the health service and potentially costing peoples lives it is. I see you deleted that bit when you replied. 

Sound when do we kill off fat fuckers and piss heads? never mind the smokers ffs. 

Place is full of shithouse cunts. 

52 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah let's force vaccines on people that have no long term health info.

Some of you are fine with setting a precedent that could be a complete disaster for all of us. You might be fine with it now, but once that line is crossed we could all be fucked.

Imagine being in the US now and being fine with mandates because you've had your jab. You think others are being "selfish" and the mandate starts up. The chaos begins and after it's passed you think those that had mandates forced on them were idiots but you're glad they "got the jab."

Then several years later the Dems fuck things up once again and Trump returns. A new virus starts going around the world, but this time, most of us don't agree it's that serious at all. There's hardly any arguments about this virus, not like there is now. Most people think it's completely stupid that governments are freaking out at all and it's widely believed that there's some other motive behind it.

But big pharma, Trump, the FDA, the CDC and other governments around the world all agree that it's really serious. And the media start up their propaganda, and before you know it, Trump decides it's time to mandate a new vaccine that he's had rushed out at a stupidly fast speed.

And people are going to need boosters every few months as well.

Then other governments around the world quickly agree to the same mandates.

And the left goes crazy. Trump has definitely gone full Nazi this time they say. But it's too late, they agreed to the mandate years back, they set the precedent. And now they're going to have to get the jab whether they like it or not along with everyone else.

And then a few years later it turns out that the entire vaccine has been a complete shambles and people are having long term side effects. The Trump admin had it rushed out way too fast so that Trump could look good and improve his ratings but they didn't cover all of even the most basic health tests. People are out in the streets rioting, Trump sends out the troops to calm things down, things spiral even more out of control. The process starts repeating in other countries around the world, health professionals are scrambling to deal with more people turning up in hospitals with the long term side effects, protesters and rioters are branded as terrorists, nobody has any idea of where the end of the madness will be.

But you agreed to it years back, you helped set the precedent. And the result years later is a complete nightmare.

Doesn't sound so good now does it?

The entire point is that if you agree to it now, you might not agree at all with who's doing this later on, and why they're doing it. It's one of the most dangerous and reckless things we could possibly do. Not just for us, but also for future generations.

Some of us whilst still being unvaccinated are seriously concerned about the path this sets us on, along with some of vaccinated that also share the same concerns, it's not just about being "selfish."

Yeah right dont forget to add in the cast of thousands who are persuaded to go into icu and pretend to die so people believe that this future virus is dangerous.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't have the exact numbers, but the JCVI make the decision based on the good of society, not the good of the individual. If I'm 18 I'd be loath to take a vaccine where the benefits were in the balance in order to save a 98 year old. Is that selfish?

The virus doesnt pick a person by age to kill  although yes  a 98 year old is more at risk. Like I have said previously if this virus was 100 percent deadly I am pretty sure a lot of people who dont want the vaxine would take it.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well, peanuts are 100% deadly for some people too. I don't really understand what relevance this has. 

You have a choice not to eat peanuts or food produced in a place where nuts are used. The virus does not give you a choice. 

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Three key Covid vaccines announcements: 

- Boosters expanded to include all over-18s

- Third doses fast tracked with the gap between the 2nd and 3rd doses halved from 6 to 3 months

- Children aged 12 to 15 will now be offered second doses

These seem like strange measures when we haven't quantified the problem of the new variant. If the South African observations are correct and symptoms are piss weak, then why the rush to jab a load more people?

It's this kind of shit that makes me distrust the motives.

I think the motives at the moment are to do everything it takes to keep the shops open.