Quantcast
The New Leader of the Labour Party - Page 77 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Numero

The New Leader of the Labour Party

Starmer as a Labour PM is a million miles better than any Tory government regardless of his knighthood. Choosing to vote Green/Lib-Dem or anything else instead when they have zero chance of getting into power is your way of handing more power to the tories for longer. 

Vote Labour. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Starmer as a Labour PM is a million miles better than any Tory government regardless of his knighthood. Choosing to vote Green/Lib-Dem or anything else instead when they have zero chance of getting into power is your way of handing more power to the tories for longer. 

Vote Labour. 

And Tories can console themselves that at least a (red, well, ochre) knight is in change.

Unification.

39 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The left doesn't need more politicians - they are a dime a dozen.

This isn't the case in the Labour Party in the UK, in fact it's been a big part of the problem. There really isn't anyone to choose from. It's either people in their 60s with lots of baggage, or people in their 30s that are far too wet behind the ears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Quite like Ed Miliband. Not a leader in a million years, obviously, but seems a good egg.

Centrism, Jairz.  Your favourite kind.

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

There really isn't anyone to choose from.

Choice becomes secondary if you believe in this 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Vote Labour. 

8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Quite like Ed Miliband. Not a leader in a million years, obviously, but seems a good egg.

Yeah, he does. Has experience too. That said... not the most popular fellow. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Choice becomes secondary if you believe in this 

Yes, but that isn't the case for everyone. As it isn't for me.

I have voted Green, Labour and Lib Dem. 

The other kind will have me voting Green.

"It's Time", as Australia's most famous ever (Labour) political slogan went... for this:

@Jairzinho

As an ex pat are you able to vote in local elections?

Local elections in Britain or Spain?  Or both?

@skaroI assume he is talking about the UK 

In the US I think only a few states allow ex pat voting -- all Federal elections are allowed

In Oz, we have to vote wherever the fuck we are.  Compulsory,

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Jairzinho

As an ex pat are you able to vote in local elections?

I can only vote in the UK, and in fact that is a bit of a ballache because when you're voting through a proxy or postal vote you have to re-register regularly (a reasonably tedious procedure). They have a tendancy to boot people off the voting register. They informed me of this about a month before the last election, I had just about enough time to sort it out.

This will probably all change post Brexit as I'll swap nationalities and obviously only be able to vote here.

I can only vote in the UK, and in fact that is a bit of a ballache because when you're voting through a proxy or postal vote you have to re-register regularly (a reasonably tedious procedure). They have a tendancy to boot people off the voting register. They informed me of this about a month before the last election, I had just about enough time to sort it out.

This will probably all change post Brexit as I'll swap nationalities and obviously only be able to vote here.

Where? 

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The Possible Dream.

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Vote Labour. 

Maybe with Corbyn, Starmer is much more likely to get (and need) a coalition sorted though so votes less chance of being wasted. And I live in David Davis' constituency so my vote means next to nothing anyway. It's Toryland over here which makes it a lot more worthwhile to vote for a PR supporting party.

And also a lot more reason to go hunting local 5G masts down.

46 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Choosing to vote Green/Lib-Dem or anything else instead when they have zero chance of getting into power is your way of handing more power to the tories for longer.

I'm voting Green because I think the next sea change in politics will come from environmental concerns. I also want to be able to look my nephews in the eye and tell them that I did something to try and stop the climate crisis they will have to live through.  Probably too late, but one has to try.

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Qe?

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Qe?

It's impossible/almost impossible to have dual nationality here unless you are from certain countries (ex colonies of Spain). Therefore when I become Spanish I will have to bin off the British passport.

There is a chance this could change, pressure could come from regional governments in the south. 

• Upvote 1