You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

‘When Bayern were comfortably overcome 3-1 by Liverpool in the second leg of their last-16 meeting at home last season, they looked a tired side in need of rejuvenation.’

This shite is on the BBC site tonight, with no mention made of the fact that they may just well have been made to look that way by the eventual winners of the competition who have since gone on a ridiculous run and look odds on to win the league.

We’re so lucky never to face a decent side in anything we do.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

He makes a few mistakes defensively, but then so do Robbo and TAA. When you play in a good team with good CB's and a M/F ahead of you it isn't a great problem and he plays exactly like TAA and Robbo do utilising his pace. 

This game is funny as fuck, because Bayern have literally bummed a very naively managed Chelsea. If we are to progress I wouldn't be afraid of Bayern though. They are capable of very mediocre performances in the league this season and will always give up chances to attack minded teams like ourselves. 

Hopefully we get a chance to see him up against Salah and TAA at some point this season.

First time I've seen him this season, but I've watched him a few times with Canada, and he looks like he's going to be a great player.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Davies is a world class left back. I'm offended no one tagged me after his evisceration of Chelsea so that I could collect the plaudits. 

Mate, he plays for Bayern Munich... Hardly obscure.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

‘When Bayern were comfortably overcome 3-1 by Liverpool in the second leg of their last-16 meeting at home last season, they looked a tired side in need of rejuvenation.’

This shite is on the BBC site tonight, with no mention made of the fact that they may just well have been made to look that way by the eventual winners of the competition who have since gone on a ridiculous run and look odds on to win the league.

We’re so lucky never to face a decent side in anything we do.

This. #feelingblessed

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Davies is a world class left back. I'm offended no one tagged me after his evisceration of Chelsea so that I could collect the plaudits. 

He's good going forward but isn't the greatest defender. A bit like Trent to be honest.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Mate, he plays for Bayern Munich... Hardly obscure.

You don't understand how unlikely his success is. He signed a year ago from the MLS as a raw kid. He wasn't even a left back. He's now one of the best in the world at that position. He's already the best Canadian player ever, ffs. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You don't understand how unlikely his success is. He signed a year ago from the MLS as a raw kid. He wasn't even a left back. He's now one of the best in the world at that position. He's already the best Canadian player ever, ffs. 

He looked very good going forward.

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’d imagine that most of your thoughts start like that. You seem to think you’ve got some insight that others don’t. It’s quite amusing to watch. 

Honestly, no. But thinking he would be an automatic success because he signed for Bayern for a modest fee when he was 18 was wrong. His ascendance has been unbelievable to me and better than anyone could have imagined. I just pointed that out. Don't think that should be controversial. Certainly don't get your Messi comment. That was pretty stupid. 

Just for your comfort, I was joking about the "give me credit" part. I know that kind of thing gets your panties in a twist. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Honestly, no. But thinking he would be an automatic success because he signed for Bayern for a modest fee when he was 18 was wrong. His ascendance has been unbelievable to me and better than anyone could have imagined. I just pointed that out. Don't think that should be controversial. Certainly don't get your Messi comment. That was pretty stupid. 

Just for your comfort, I was joking about the "give me credit" part. I know that kind of thing gets your panties in a twist. 

Do you find you spend your day arguing with everyone in real life too?

I'm not having a dig, just genuinely curious as everytime I come on here you and some other are sniping at each other.

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Oh no. You negged me. I’d better not say anything that might offend you, or you might do it again. 

Goodness, you’re obtuse.