You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If Grujic goes I think it'll be down to his injury record more than his ability. 

Possibly but we would be nuts not to have a clause. And to be fair there are plenty as injury prone as him in our squad. He has been unlucky, there is a top player there.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Possibly but we would be nuts not to have a clause. And to be fair there are plenty as injury prone as him in our squad. He has been unlucky, there is a top player there.

Yeah, there's a player there, and I'd like to see him return; the fact he signed a new contract before his loan gives me some hope he will. However, I think we may weigh up his injury record, contract (which could have been driven by a want to protect his market value), and the possibility that he may not get the time here to get over little niggles and play himself into form, and decide to move him on.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yeah, there's a player there, and I'd like to see him return; the fact he signed a new contract before his loan gives me some hope he will. However, I think we may weigh up his injury record, contract (which could have been driven by a want to protect his market value), and the possibility that he may not get the time here to get over little niggles and play himself into form, and decide to move him on.

He wants another year at Hertha so leave him there with another loan fee. 

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Rafa Camacho is another who could depart, with Liverpool fielding interest from Premier League rivals Wolves as well as a host of European outfits including RB Leipzig, Benfica and Sporting CP for the 18-year-old.

18? Feels like he has been here since Benitez first came in 

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yet he was Klopp’s first signing and was wanted by a host of top clubs.

Moreno has not been sold by Klopp yet. You wanna argue on that front too? Karius was also bought by Klopp. All I am saying is while Grujic has the talent, he doesn't work hard enough. 

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:35, Trumo said:

Out of interest, how many former players have the club gone on to re-sign? I can only think of Rush, Staunton and Fowler. Aurelio's contract had already expired when he re-signed for the club.

Brad Smith

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:35, Trumo said:

Out of interest, how many former players have the club gone on to re-sign? I can only think of Rush, Staunton and Fowler. Aurelio's contract had already expired when he re-signed for the club.

Brad Smith

On 07/04/2019 at 20:35, Trumo said:

Brad Smith 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Moreno has not been sold by Klopp yet. You wanna argue on that front too? Karius was also bought by Klopp. All I am saying is while Grujic has the talent, he doesn't work hard enough. 

Who is arguing? Klopp never bought Moreno. You mean he has kept him even though he is crap? You’ve lost me there mate. As for Karius I was under the impression he turned out to be crap and a bit of a tool to boot.

52 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Who is arguing? Klopp never bought Moreno. You mean he has kept him even though he is crap? You’ve lost me there mate. As for Karius I was under the impression he turned out to be crap and a bit of a tool to boot.

Yeah, sorry mate.. bad choice of word on my part. My point was Klopp has looked at Grujic in training for quite a while and if Klopp likes someone, he's gonna stay and fight for a first team place no matter what. Don't think that's the case with Grujic. I've watched quite a fair bit of Bundesliga and he ambles across, no urgency to his play and a couple of occasions not even rushing to get the ball back after losing it. Guess we'll find out soon enough.