You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester (H) 30/01/19

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agree with all of that. The conspiracy stuff works both ways though - we’ve gotten some breaks this season. We need to get back to putting enough between us and sides like Leicester that inept refereeing doesn’t decide the game. 

This. Look at Guardiolas response last night when the reporter was harping on about the disallowed goal from the free kick. Simply stating they didn’t do enough, focus on the performance and fuck small time excuses.

We're missing Trent and Gomez massively. Not only defensively,but offensively also. We were very adept at seeing out 1 nils but with at the chopping and changing lately, we seem vulnerable to simple balls again. A nervousness has set in but let's hope we can calm ourselves and get back to keeping a few clean sheets. That'll help massively as we won't be concerned bout conceding needless soft goals anymore. 

Frustrating but not end of the world stuff. 

Up the ever increasingly tentative reds 

Just now, Anubis said:

Psychological boost for City? They’ll be kicking themselves that we dropped points and still increased our lead. I can recall how deflating its been in the past when our opponents dropped points and we hadn’t taken advantage.

It would work that way if we’d dropped points first. Instead, they’ve been handed a reprieve & go into a home game against a poor Arsenal team on a high. They’ll cut the gap to two points and then our players, who looked anything but confident tonight, have to wait until the following day for a must-win game at West Ham.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

As poor as Shaq was tonight, he's still a better option blindfolded and on crutches than Lallana.

I want that cunt gone asap.

Lallana looked busy when he came on. I forgot Shaqiri was playing at times tonight. 

Don't get me wrong, I rate Shaqiri better. 

Oh and stop calling him Shaq you fucking Laker 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It would work that way if we’d dropped points first. Instead, they’ve been handed a reprieve & go into a home game against a poor Arsenal team on a high. They’ll cut the gap to two points and then our players, who looked anything but confident tonight, have to wait until the following day for a must-win game at West Ham.

You really need to fuck of and support your own team. You’re not even a decent wum. 1/10

• Downvote 1

It’s as much a must win game for them as it is for us you daft twat.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Stop pretending you're a red. Everybody knows you're not. 

Yeah, ok DM. You’ve been comfortably wrong about everything you’ve written this season, and it’s worked a treat so far. Keep it up.

And ignore the accusations of being a City fan. As a long-standing member I know you’ve been a miserable bastard on here for years. Go back to Bluemoon indeed.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Choked AGAIN.

A night where we made bad decision after bad decision...panicked, were headless and desperate and lacking confidence.....you could see the players were bricking it.

That is why we can't win anything....Twice now we have had chance to put massive daylight between us and City and twice now we have failed.

We were so twitchy tonight, you could see panic in players and you could see and feel anxiety and nerves from crowd too.

It was sad to see the nerves they showed tonight, the poor decision making, the hesitancy....

It's just feels like it is all too much for us as a club and i include fans in that....crowd were so edgy tonight, zero encouragement just standing biting nails and looking anxious.

Only gonna get worse as the stakes get higher too.

I really fear we haven't got the stones for it.

Fear we are just not meant to ever get this monkey off our backs.

In a normal season this would not be an awful result - but this isn't a normal season and we aren't up against normal opposition.

Huge opportunity to make a real big step tonight and we looked too scared to even start to take it.

We should be going out there tonight boosted to fuck with a golden opportunity to make a massive stride....we were too scared and too overawed to make it.

45 mins to win a game that would open up clear daylight...the mancs team of the 90's/00's in these situations penned teams in and knocked and knocked and knocked at the door until the hinges fell off - we hardly asked them a question in that 2nd half.

The only good thing about tonight is we didn't lose and we gained a point on City - we are however 2 pts closer to 3rd now and we have a three horse race.

I think that's a bit of an overreaction but we need the likes of Virgil, Alisson and Milly to be sending rockets up the arses of anyone not putting the work in to let them know this isn't acceptable. There's always nights like this but if we just allow the rot to set in and start gifting more points away in games like West Ham next week it's all going to end in tears.

I wouldn't worry about Spurs. They've still got a million injuries and if there were question marks over our bottle there's none over theirs. They're huge cowards. It's between us and City and will be until the end.

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Walton, with video replay, saying that challenge on Keita wasn't a penalty? I know we want VAR but lads, we won't get any decisions via that either.

Cunt couldn't wait to say no pen. 

Then as he watches him take out keitas leg he has the cheek to say he missed the shot anyway. 

This obviously.

Tonight was a massive opportunity to open the gap to seven point and, far more importantly, to send a clear message to that we’re just gonna go on winning.

We fucked that opportunity up royally, and that’s far more significant than the two points alone.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Stop pretending you're a red. Everybody knows you're not. 

He is. He’s been here for years and he’s always been like this. Think of him as your grouchy ancient gran, sitting in the corner finding fault with everything.

Maybe we choked, I don't know. There was a disjointedness to us - we sometimes look a bit sloppy when we segue from game every two days to game every week again. The pitch was bizarre as well.

That said, there's a strong whiff of us under Ged about Leicester: rock solid in defence and absolutely ruthless on the break if teams play in front of them - but they are where they are because like us under Ged when worse teams don't play into their hands they're absolutely stuck for ideas. They're as tricky an opponent as we'll get at home outside of the top 6, and sooner or later we had to drop points to one of these teams.

Too many players were alright without being good - personally I don't think anyone stank the place out particularly, just everyone was somewhere ranging between 'meh' and 'meeeeh.' Mane was bright, Firmino had some good touches but was never in the right place for them mostly, Salah was a bit distant, Keita had his moments but was sloppy, Shaqiri's touch was off but he was always involved. Henderson wasn't awful but didn't look comfortable; the point is that if a couple of players play well then a handful of performances like that don't matter.

Last word on the referee. Had the classic approach that plays into the lesser team's hands: soft free kicks all round for them and shrugs his shoulders as they boot ankles as if to say "well you're better than them so what do you expect?" They scored 10 seconds past injury time was up as he played advantage - then he blew up as we were attacking dead on despite 90 seconds getting lost to time wasting. He's a fucking cunt and I hope we never see his stupid fucking face again.

• Upvote 2