You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Las Vegas shooting

Rico1304

For what it's worth, to my mind someone is a terrorist if their motivation for killing is idealogical, say political or religious.

In this Las Vegas incident I'm not aware of any such motivation for the shooter. I haven't seen the news today, but if the investigation has shed light on his motivation and he classified as a terrorist, that's more than fine with me.

If this viewpoint gets a Fatwah placed on my head by Hades, so be it.

Don't worry Rev, the chances of you chancing upon his mum's basement in Australia are pretty slim.

Using Facebook, probably the absolute epitome of Capitalism, to fight the power.

Hades is simply taking the enemies weapons and using them against him.....

"Therefore in chariot fighting, when ten or more chariots have been taken, those should be rewarded who took the first. Our own flags should be substituted for those of the enemy, and the chariots mingled and used in conjunction with ours."

Sun Tzu - The Art Of War

• Upvote 2

He's right though isn't he? I pay my taxes too but I am not naive enough to believe it keeps the homeless fed and off the streets.

I would say it keeps most of the people who can't or won't support themselves off the streets. Certainly, the welfare state must be the biggest factor in preventing destitution that there is.

Anyway, just a counterpoint to the idea that we're all baby murderers. We can get back to Americans shooting each other now.