You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Athletics Championships 2017.

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

It's a load of bollocks, she had the gender test and can't help her body make up. Do they say....hang on, Bolt has longer legs than the rest, clearly an advantage, lets even things up. Hang on, that Polish woman in the hammer has bigger arms than Holly, we can't have that...and so on. If an athlete isn't breaking any rules then you can't have a witch hunt because of her/his body make up/DNA. 

It's a load of bollocks, she had the gender test and can't help her body make up. Do they say....hang on, Bolt has longer legs than the rest, clearly an advantage, lets even things up. Hang on, that Polish woman in the hammer has bigger arms than Holly, we can't have that...and so on. If an athlete isn't breaking any rules then you can't have a witch hunt because of her/his body make up/DNA.

And Cram gets his little dig in too

Guest Pistonbroke

And Cram gets his little dig in too

The bloke is a dick. I'm off to watch GOT with the missus before the BBC commentary starts going off on one about things. 

Radio? I spotted him interviewing someone trackside as the camera panned over towards Phil the Creep

He is 'presenter' in stadium for crowd. He talks to crowd in between events, does interviews with athletes, comments on peoples instagram/twitter,etc

• Upvote 1

Muir pipped on the line and out of the medals, feel for her, just didn't have the legs over the last 30 metres

It's a peculiar thing with British athletes over the years in middle distance running. The country has produced countless numbers who can compete at the major championships and scrape into finals, but so relatively few who have an extra gear for the latter stages of races. I'm not suggesting any lack of effort or talent, but just the lack of that extra burst when it matters. Watching Muir, it seemed as though she was one of those who does have that 'kick' but she used it up around the final bend and had little left in the final 50 metres. She probably needed the pace to be a little quicker in the early stages instead of having so many competitors keep their powder dry, but if the race had been quicker, would she have managed to remain in the mixer until the end?

Guest Pistonbroke

It's a peculiar thing with British athletes over the years in middle distance running. The country has produced countless numbers who can compete at the major championships and scrape into finals, but so relatively few who have an extra gear for the latter stages of races. I'm not suggesting any lack of effort or talent, but just the lack of that extra burst when it matters. Watching Muir, it seemed as though she was one of those who does have that 'kick' but she used it up around the final bend and had little left in the final 50 metres. She probably needed the pace to be a little quicker in the early stages instead of having so many competitors keep their powder dry, but if the race had been quicker, would she have managed to remain in the mixer until the end?

Yeah, I thought the tactics were all off myself, they needed to run the legs out of the sprinters. Not sure any of them would have Kipyegon but both Jenny Simpson and Caster Semenya benefited from the slow second lap and are renowned for having a good kick at the end. 

Yeah, I thought the tactics were all off myself, they needed to run the legs out of the sprinters. Not sure any of them would have Kipyegon but both Jenny Simpson and Caster Semenya benefited from the slow second lap and are renowned for having a good kick at the end. 

Found it strange Cram commenting upon the tactics when he coaches Laura Weightman! 

Guest Pistonbroke

Found it strange Cram commenting upon the tactics when he coaches Laura Weightman! 

Brendan Foster and Steve Cram get on my tits. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Well you don't have to worry about Brendan anymore! 

Steve Cram was funny with Michael Johnson, as he basically ended up agreeing with Johnson. As I think most of us would! 

I'm sure when he retires this week that the BBC will replace him with yet another annoying cunt. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Jo Pavey maybe. Although I still think they will go for Farah, even Foster said he would like Farah to take up his microphone. 

Jo Pavey maybe. Although I still think they will go for Farah, even Foster said he would like Farah to take up his microphone. 

Yeah and he ticks another box - and he knows his shit. So long as we leave the 'Sir' bollocks out of every introduction!