You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Origi and Ings are nowhere near good enough to be playing for us and I mean nowhere near, nor is Sturridge anymore if going by his cameos at the end of the season are anything to go by, unless he stays fit all season and gets his pace back then we're basically relying on a No.10 and a kid to lead the line.

Behave! So you're dismissing at least two strikers there who have goals in them. Ings is open to debate seeing as he's been unlucky with two bad injuries.

What I love about this forum is the way players are summarily dismissed yet if Ings went on loan or was sold and did knock in a few goals, people would be up in arms saying why was he released.

There is probably enough in the squad in terms of attacking players - a proper goalscorer who isn't dead unreliable to replace the wage thief Sturridge would it can be argued reasonably cogently be a good idea but it isn't going to happen and i don't think personally it will kill us as it is.

The defensive situation though and in particular centre half is fucking grim with a capital fucking G, a capital fucking R, I and M - in bold italics and double underlined!

Midfield also needs 1 in.

The team that everyone, possibly yourself (?) said would finish mid-table! You don't 'scrape' 4th over the course of a season. You finish 4th. End of.

Not to say - this team doesn't need a couple more quality additions it does. I understand patience, I understand wanting your man - but, we need more. But, after the past 10 years, i'd rather the right players come in, and we wait than the wrong ones come in.

Everyone? I remember thinking we had an outside chance but would end up 5th or 6th and yes you can scrape 4th like we did on the last day of the season by 1 point.

I also think it's a bit idealistic to think we can wait for the right players. We need to build and if we can't get our number 1 targets then we get players who are better than what we have even if they aren't perfect.

Otherwise you run the risk of failing to build on that 4th position and have to start again when the perfect players aren't arsed with joining a team without champions league football.

We have a chronic shortage of quality at CB and CM which will be exposed the second we get an injury or two. That's assuming we don't sell anyone else.

There is probably an argument that Coutinho can also be improved upon too,at this stage in his career. The best midfield doesn't mean the best individuals,its the best gelling of players that is the answer. I'd rather have a centre half over another midfielder if we are prioritising.

That's fair. If it came down to it I think I'd have to agree but we should be aiming to improve both areas as they both have been fundamental issues for us for years.

Behave! So you're dismissing at least two strikers there who have goals in them. Ings is open to debate seeing as he's been unlucky with two bad injuries.

What I love about this forum is the way players are summarily dismissed yet if Ings went on loan or was sold and did knock in a few goals, people would be up in arms saying why was he released.

Ings wasn't good enough when we signed him and definitely won't be after two seasons out! It's unfortunate for the guy because he seems like a good honest pro but he's just not quite at the level required here. Origi is bad, real bad. At one point I thought he might come good, and I really hope I'm wrong because he has quite a few attributes that terrorise defenders, but he's shit, he makes terrible runs with and without the ball and tends to run down blind alleys. If they're sold and start scoring in a different league I'd stand by what I've said, I mean nobody is saying we made a mistake in giving Balotelli away since he's scored a few for Nice have they? Origi has way more of a chance here than Ings though.

Ings wasn't good enough when we signed him and definitely won't be after two seasons out! It's unfortunate for the guy because he seems like a good honest pro but he's just not quite at the level required here. Origi is bad, real bad. At one point I thought he might come good, and I really hope I'm wrong because he has quite a few attributes that terrorise defenders, but he's shit, he makes terrible runs with and without the ball and tends to run down blind alleys. If they're sold and start scoring in a different league I'd stand by what I've said, I mean nobody is saying we made a mistake in giving Balotelli away since he's scored a few for Nice have they? Origi has way more of a chance here than Ings though.

Like I said regarding Ings, it's open to debate whether he'll be good enough.

I love the way people write off players as not being good enough for us yet, when say, chelsea 'unearth' a similar player who bangs a few goals in, all we get on here is why cant our scouts find these players!?

Perhaps they do but people are so quick to write them off they dont give them the chance. Origi is a classic example. When he first played people said what a load of shite. Then he started scoring and people changed their tune. Better than sturridge they said. Then he got crocked in the derby and he hasnt looked as good as he did. Now, he's shit all a sudden and no longer good enough.

This place really is getting beyond parody. People just want to better the next poster for saying how shit we are \ transfers are \ owners are etc.

It's fucking t-e-d-i-o-u-s.

Like I said regarding Ings, it's open to debate whether he'll be good enough.

I love the way people write off players as not being good enough for us yet, when say, chelsea 'unearth' a similar player who bangs a few goals in, all we get on here is why cant our scouts find these players!?

Perhaps they do but people are so quick to write them off they dont give them the chance. Origi is a classic example. When he first played people said what a load of shite. Then he started scoring and people changed their tune. Better than sturridge they said. Then he got crocked in the derby and he hasnt looked as good as he did. Now, he's shit all a sudden and no longer good enough.

This place really is getting beyond parody. People just want to better the next poster for saying how shit we are \ transfers are \ owners are etc.

It's fucking t-e-d-i-o-u-s.

D0Wd2KA.gif

• Upvote 2

We bought Ings off the back of a prolific season in the championship and a season where he scored a few in the PL in a struggling team.

It was not an unreasonable punt on a youngish lad who might kick on - terrible injuries have stalled him badly and it is highly likely he is done at our level because of them, he has just turned 25 and has hardly kicked a ball for two years...it isn't likely he is going to come back good enough for us.

Origi I am still on the fence about - there is something there but i am not sure he is suited to how we play, he isn't a very clever player or has clever movement, things you need in our system. He could well find himself falling behind Solanke as the season progresses - but there is a chance he might not be one to write off yet...really is a coin toss with him.

One thing is for sure with Sturridge a cert to be injured for periods Origi and Solanke will get minutes - one of them needs to step up.

Origi needs to show us more this coming season. He was looking good before Funes Mori got him. Then he had a run of scoring, think it was five games in a row. And I like how he shows for the ball and is strong, and he is learning to hold it up and bring others in. He can get his head on a cross and he does score some good goals, especially cutting in from the left, beating a man and finding the far corner. However...

He needs to show us more this coming season. Sometimes you watch him and it seems like he is jogging around, when you just want to grab hold of him and say use your pace! Use your strength! Hopefully Klopp is doing that behind the scenes. 

If Origi doesn't kick on then Solanke might go past him. And Sturridge is already ahead of him if fit (stop laughing!) And Firmino seems to be the go to option for Klopp up front. So it's not all clear and as straightforward as it once seemed, when we though that Origi would just go on to announce himself as a top striker and stay here for the duration.

That might happen but the player needs to do more. Hopefully he will. 

Origi needs to show us more this coming season. He was looking good before Funes Mori got him. Then he had a run of scoring, think it was five games in a row. And I like how he shows for the ball and is strong, and he is learning to hold it up and bring others in. He can get his head on a cross and he does score some good goals, especially cutting in from the left, beating a man and finding the far corner. However...

He needs to show us more this coming season. Sometimes you watch him and it seems like he is jogging around, when you just want to grab hold of him and say use your pace! Use your strength! Hopefully Klopp is doing that behind the scenes. 

If Origi doesn't kick on then Solanke might go past him. And Sturridge is already ahead of him if fit (stop laughing!) And Firmino seems to be the go to option for Klopp up front. So it's not all clear and as straightforward as it once seemed, when we though that Origi would just go on to announce himself as a top striker and stay here for the duration.

That might happen but the player needs to do more. Hopefully he will. 

Agree. Origi's 'problem' is he's probably being told to hold the ball up more and play more for the team. But, that seems to take away his strengths which is running at the oppos with the ball and lashing shots in.

A lot of people write him off but would Juve have been sniffing around if he was shit? I dont think so.