Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 217 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
aRdja

Naby Keita

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

In all comps - a little misleading as half of those were in the first season.

Where the other half in pre-season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, an tha said:

Yeah, I was wondering where on the Athletic website Viking got that news from. Had a look previously and didn't see any such story.

 

There is still enough time for him to get injured between today and Sunday though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supremolad said:

Yeah, I was wondering where on the Athletic website Viking got that news from. Had a look previously and didn't see any such story.

 

There is still enough time for him to get injured between today and Sunday though.

Every minute...Up to and including the warm up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i remembered him so little, i had to google him to see who he was. i was genuinely shocked to see he was only 26! 

I had such high hopes got him, used to track his recovery from injuries thinking he was going to come good and be the saviour. Not making that mistake again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I had such high hopes got him, used to track his recovery from injuries thinking he was going to come good and be the saviour. Not making that mistake again. 

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

Hahaha. Brilliant. Obviously the moral to the story is never believe a word taxi drivers say, but never believe in a footballer is a good 2nd place! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hahaha. Why did you have so much faith in him? I can understand why some people have this keita love in, even though it's not a point of view I subscribe to as he's not really what I think we need in a footballer, but I understand other people may see that differently and still cling on to him being the player he was built up to be when he was in that 12 months before we signed him and one day he might not crumble getting out of the car. But yesil never had a track record did he? He was basically the equivalent of sepp Van Der berg except he was a striker? 

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

The problem with Keita is even if he was playing brilliant he leaves such gaping holes in the team that he might as well not be there, very similar to thiago.

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not fussed about him as a footballer at all.  But I can see why others like him. But I feel he's a fella who looks better the less you see of him, he looks good on motd, you maybe don't notice some of his shite off the ball when you watch a full match on the telly and he has you ripping your hair out when you're at the match. 

I think he runs faster with the ball than without.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I remember going up for a game, getting a cab from lime street and the driver telling me to keep it to myself but that we had basically signed the Turkish version of Messi. From that point on I was a believer. 

He was a blooshite taxi driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Sods law that Bayern didn't cherry pick him back in 2017.   

They knew. 

He had a good injury record in Germany, gone to shit here obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He had a good injury record in Germany, gone to shit here obviously.

But I don't recall a bad challenge or awkward fall?  Why has he just broken down? From seemingly injury-free to a Harry Kewell level of anatomical chaos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

But I don't recall a bad challenge or awkward fall?  Why has he just broken down? From seemingly injury-free to a Harry Kewell level of anatomical chaos.  

I was a huge fan but he just cannot hack it unfortunately, as has been mentioned many times he might not fancy it or it could be too physical. I think it could be a psychological thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has he ever really showed his true promise in a red shirt? He has had his moments but they have been few and far between. If he doesn't keep injury free and show some proper quality the next couple months he will surely be sold in the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • It was the gimp, I think. 
    • They’re really milking this deal. 
    • I know there’s no time for two club cunts on here but Sporting just need 4 points to clinch the Premeira. Three years ago they were known as the worst run club in world football, when their president paid supporters to attack players at the training ground. Just goes to show anything is possible and you are never as far away as you think. All done on a shoestring budget, with a rookie manager and a bunch of punk kids. Big Seb Coates finally came good.
    • The irony is that almost every other club would kill to be in the position that City and Chelsea are in.
      Everton would be top of that list, yet proudly spout about how they “called out” the breakaway six and spoke for every other club when they called for sanctions against them. The purpose of those sanctions were to allow themselves to be bumped into a position where they could “qualify” for a European place that they hadn’t actually earned as much as anything else and to claim differently is basically a lie.
      West Ham, Brighton and Crystal Palace, with rent-a-quote chairman Steve Parrish, again pontificating about how these teams should be brought to book, yet wanting to null and void last season to protect themselves against possible relegation whilst saying it was morally wrong to play on given lives were being lost. They refuse to see that in applauding City and Chelsea for breaking away, and back into the Premier League, all that is guaranteeing is they strengthen those clubs with Oligarchs or Oil States as owners to continue dominating every competition they are in, effectively taking the competitiveness away from those very same competitions!
      The ESL wasn’t handled very well in its timing or proposed implementation, but the general idea that it would possibly limit the massive money teams and allow others to challenge them was a sound one, but the blinkers were on from the time the announcement was made and the “little 14”, as opposed to the “big 6”, basically decided to hold onto what they had rather than what they might have had. It won’t go away though and they must know that, even if the current voting regulations in the Premier League give them the whip hand, and effectively a veto, for anything the top teams might want to bring in. A quick look at who has won the major prizes in European competition and domestic leagues over the past few seasons will show them why the current system needs changes to be made. They’re all hypocrites though, and will bury their collective heads in the sand while the really big boys dry bum them.
    • Talk that we have agreed terms with Konate
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×