You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

So Klopp's been saying our transfer business for the summer is mostly done.  Given that the two main players we've been linked to all spring are Keita and van Dijk, he's got to mean one/both of them, no?

Just in case (and also because, let's face it, you're on here to waste time), here's a video on Keita to show you all what we're (hopefully) getting:

On a serious note though, our squad is small.

Hopefully, we'll add some real quality in areas where we need better or more reliable personnel, such as holding midfielder, left back, a winger, a striker.

We might see more from the likes of Woodburn, TAA, Wilson and (maybe) Brewster too.

But, if the likes of Moreno, Lucas, Klavan, Sakho, Markovic and possibly Sturridge go, we could find ourselves lacking depth considering the additional games we'll have to play.

So, other than quality signings, might we need to bring in 2 or 3 squad fillers? Players who are happy starting 1 game in every 6 or 7. Or just having the odd minutes here and there?

If so. Who?

If his wage demands weren't so daft, you'd maybe consider Defoe?

I'll get slaughtered for this, but I'd have Crouch back for a season. If he was happy with minimal playing time.

I think that could be the struggle next season. Getting the balance right between quality and filler and finding the filler type players.

So Klopp's been saying our transfer business for the summer is mostly done. Given that the two main players we've been linked to all spring are Keita and van Dijk, he's got to mean one/both of them, no?

Just in case (and also because, let's face it, you're on here to waste time), here's a video on Keita to show you all what we're (hopefully) getting:

I think he was saying, we have done the hard work in identifying the players... but now we need to start the negotiating process.

Already looking forward to a balmy Thursday evening in preseason, when whoever we buy puts in a 10/10 performance against a Tranmere XI, which turns out to be the highlight of his Liverpool career.

Just like Grujic

If we do sign Keita, hopefully Guinea are shit enough to not qualify again for the African CON because if he becomes a key player, it'll be really shit when he fucks off.

Edit: obviously getting ahead of myself here but their group is Ivory Coast, Rwanda and Central AR. Only the winner is guaranteed a place

Costa and Gray would be very nice for the wing. Costa for now, Gray for back up. But Gray will see plenty of action with all the competitions we will play.

Keita would be huge for the midfield. Also, it's all gone quiet around Gnabry. Think he's a player and I'd be happy to sign him.

Sessegnon at left back and I'd be made up with that.

VVD is a very good central defender, but I half think we are going to switch gears, with all the competition for VVD, and sign someone like Tah for about £20M less. He's put a bit of beef on (and he's muscular too) as he's been injured, but I think he would form a great partnership with Matip.

As for striker, either Werner or Dolberg. Younger players. Both technically good. Both have the ability to be worth double in about a year after they solidify themselves in the big time. Obviosuly if the Mbappe tweet above has any legs, I'd do that, but surely he's off to somewhere else for a ridiculous sum.

Jobs a good un with that lot.

So Klopp's been saying our transfer business for the summer is mostly done.  Given that the two main players we've been linked to all spring are Keita and van Dijk, he's got to mean one/both of them, no?

The line in Klopp's quotes that people people seem to be glossing over is 

“We are prepared, we will see what works out or not."

and 

I know they have offers from other clubs and maybe they are in the champions league also

Guest Pistonbroke

Yep, all he's really said is they have a list of players.

I hope it's like my very own shopping lists, I always buy more than what is on the list and get quite a few good bargains. 

Costa and Gray would be very nice for the wing. Costa for now, Gray for back up. But Gray will see plenty of action with all the competitions we will play.

Keita would be huge for the midfield. Also, it's all gone quiet around Gnabry. Think he's a player and I'd be happy to sign him.

Sessegnon at left back and I'd be made up with that.

VVD is a very good central defender, but I half think we are going to switch gears, with all the competition for VVD, and sign someone like Tah for about £20M less. He's put a bit of beef on (and he's muscular too) as he's been injured, but I think he would form a great partnership with Matip.

As for striker, either Werner or Dolberg. Younger players. Both technically good. Both have the ability to be worth double in about a year after they solidify themselves in the big time. Obviosuly if the Mbappe tweet above has any legs, I'd do that, but surely he's off to somewhere else for a ridiculous sum.

Jobs a good un with that lot.

How many have you seen play and how many are being traded off the name?

Tah's playing time has been relatively short this season (less than 30 games in all competitions?) don't know how he's performed though.

Can't believe I'm writing this,but go and slap the money on the table for friend from Boro and see what they say. That'll leave what, 4 camels and an old donkey burning a hole in our lovely Bostonians pocket. Then see if we can get Ryan Babel back from his sojourns around Europe. Top 8 next season is on

• Upvote 1

How many have you seen play and how many are being traded off the name?

Tah's playing time has been relatively short this season (less than 30 games in all competitions?) don't know how he's performed though.

I've seen all of them, on TV, so it's a limited opinion! Of the names I mentioned I've only seen Werner a couple of times, but he reminded me a bit of Harry Kane. I can't put my finger on it and say THIS is what he can do (like you could with a young Owen or Fowler, for example) but he seemed fast enough, and technical enough, and young enough, that I think he could have a big future.

As for VVD, there's so much interest in him that I think the price goes up and up and up. We might be better with a Tah, or a Keane. Time will tell what we do.