You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Love it, you're great.

In all seriousness, big clubs are looking at Michael Keane not for the player that he is... but for a player that he could be. At 24 you'd imagine there's a lot of development left in him. Similar to how United paid 50m for Martial.

In all seriousness, big clubs are looking at Michael Keane not for the player that he is... but for a player that he could be. At 24 you'd imagine there's a lot of development left in him. Similar to how United paid 50m for Martial.

Agreed, clubs are thinking: "boy I really think he could be as good as Ben Mee one day".

• Upvote 3

Agreed, clubs are thinking: "boy I really think he could be as good as Ben Mee one day".

Haha.. very good.

This helps explain why despite being 11 positions below us on the table on the table, they've only conceded 7 more goals than us. Their centre halfs are doing their job, whereas ours are found wanting time and again.

Haha.. very good.

This helps explain why despite being 11 positions below us on the table on the table, they've only conceded 7 more goals than us. Their centre halfs are doing their job, whereas ours are found wanting time and again.

It doesn't because per Squawka, Keane and Mee both outperform in most categories both Luiz-Cahill and Vertonghen-Alderweireld who are part of two of the best defenses in the league.

So again, it doesn't mean shit. 

Then again, Mee and Keane could be better defenders than those guys but the difference in goals conceded could be due to the fact that Heaton is a dreadful keeper.

Yeah, maybe it could also be that. 

It doesn't because per Squawka, Keane and Mee both outperform in most categories both Luiz-Cahill and Vertonghen-Alderweireld who are part of two of the best defenses in the league.

So again, it doesn't mean shit. 

Then again, Mee and Keane could be better defenders than those guys but the difference in goals conceded could be due to the fact that Heaton is a dreadful keeper.

Yeah, maybe it could also be that.

Playing 3 at the back helps Chelsea and Spurs, not really a like for like comparison.

Playing 3 at the back helps Chelsea and Spurs, not really a like for like comparison.

No yeah, you're right it must be sometimes playing 3 at the back that makes Chelsea and Spurs better defensively than Burnley. It could only really be that since individual stats say Burnley should be better. Definitely no other explanation.  

Rumours that Chelsea have agreed to sell Costa to a Chinese club for 90ml. I guess they'll be all in for Morata and Lukaku then.

Also Barca-Coutinho

Though the pricks keep talking of 51ml with us wanting Suarez money. They want to make up the rest with players like Jérémy Mathieu and Arda Turan. They can fuck off.

Wouldn't mind Turan here but Mathieu is shite and coming up to 34.

All this talk of Keita but why on earth would they sell? A team on the up, backed by huge money and a shoe in for the Champions League behind Bayern. There is neither a reason for them to sell (and they can dig their heels in) and no real reason for him to want out.

I think we've got precisely fuck all chance of getting him.

All this talk of Keita but why on earth would they sell? A team on the up, backed by huge money and a shoe in for the Champions League behind Bayern. There is neither a reason for them to sell (and they can dig their heels in) and no real reason for him to want out.

I've no idea who he is to be honest. It just scanned

These twats of agents add to the difficulty we face in trying to sign the best/better players as well.

The greedy bastards get inside the players heads with how much they can earn at the usual clubs - ones they have relationships with and of course where they as the parasites they are can cut themselves the biggest slice of the cake.

We don't seem to fit much with these twats so as well as our status as a club being lower than it should be it just adds another problem in terms of us attracting a higher level of player.

That's why we will waste all summer trying to get him.

I read that UEFA rules prevent two teams with the same owners competing in the same competition. Given that RB own both Leipzig and Salzburg, and that both teams are going to qualify for CL, then the owners have to make a choice as to which team they enter. I have also read that the owners will favour Salzburg over Leipzig. So, there may be a number of players there that can be tempted away from Leipzig by the promise of CL football and likely higher wages.

If Chelsea are prepared to sell Willian we should definitely be interested.

Are they considering it?

Of all the players we have missed in the last few years he is the one im most disappointed in. He would fit perfectly with us.

• Upvote 1

Lovren is more a front-foot defender, Matip tends to cover.  You don't have two defenders doing the same job, it's a partnership.  Direct comparisons like this don't mean very much.

Lovren's biggest failing is that when he feels under pressure his judgement suffers and he over-reaches, exposing the rest of the defence.  He did it a lot in his first season and we've seen it a few times this season as well.  When he's playing with confidence his judgement is much better and he can be a very good defender.

He had a few moments on Monday where he got away with it. Overall he did well.

At a guess I'd say that they're probably in it for the money, even more so than us but unlike us they have a much better recruitment system so they can afford to have the turnover of good players leaving as part of their policy is replacing them. So like us but smaller and better.