You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland (A) - 3pm, 02/01/17 - Starting the new year on the Wear.

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

Far too many lose passes and lazy performances, Can is a fucking liability in that deep midfield role, jogs around and makes one lazy decision after the other. Nobody bar Mingolet and maybe Sturridge come out of that half with any plus points. Hopefully Klopp can sort their fucking heads out in the interval. 

Jurgen needs to give them a boot up the arse and get them playing football.

Pass the ball accurately and we'll pick these off with ease and they'll likely be knackered the longer it goes on.

If Firmino doesn't pick it up his performance in the first fifteen minutes, he needs to bring Div on.

Not a good half. We scored and had a few other good looks, but they have given as good back. And that's not good enough. Sunderland are a poor team and we really should be beating them.

Can has been poor for me, Firmino too. Sturridge has been good. He scored and has also worked the goalie 3-4 times.

I would probably put Origi on for Firmino as we need something more up front. But then again, we need more composure in the middle, and Can is not giving us that. The central defenders are a bit jittery today too, and Milner looks tired.

Hopefully Klopp lays into them and we see them come out and put in a big 45. Just get the three points and then regroup. A rest is just around the corner, but first just make sure we get the three points. Come on!

I've not seen a minute of that first half but based on the commentary on here it sounds like Can and Firmino are carrying on their poor form from the last match. It could have cost us against City and I was baffled that Klopp didn't sub either (preferably both) at half time the other night, please do it today Klopp if what's being said on here is accurate. Honestly I can barely contain my frustration when Can plays, watching him lumbering about genuinely gives me a headache.

Was nobody looking for the man on that throw in? Where the fuck are we? Milner, Can, Firmino and Mane all look slow in their heads.

We got the early goal than can cant deal with a simple pass because he's too slow to turn. From the throw we go to fuck and the ref gives a weak pen. Strange how he missed larsson's tug on clyne in the first 5 or so minutes.

Milner needs to stop trying to use his body so much when he's being challenged on the line, pass the fucking thing before you get challenged eh? Lovren did the same thing on the far side of the pitch, played for the foul which luckily we got instead of moving the ball quickly.

Either we really are fucked or sunderland are exerting alot of energy to put us under pressure. We need to get sturridge in behind the back line and in front of manone because that's when manone looks shit. He'll save loads on the goal line if we give him the option.

Need to fucking wake up.

With an extra day's rest we'd've fucking bossed this. As it is, we look knackered and the tempo of both our pressing and our attacking movement is far too slow.

Can is shit at playing DM as I'm sure everyone else on here has already pointed out. Mignolet has been surprisingly good so far though. Wouldn't have minded seeing Kev Stewart start this one with Lallana coming on at sixty minutes, because he's struggled to get involved here so far.