You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will we score 10 in a game this season?

Bob

WILL we score 10 goals in a game this season?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. WILL we?

• Yes - Of course we will, if put my house on it
    • No - Don't be daft.

I voted yes, although I agree it's stupidly bullish but what the hell. Let's enjoy how great we are. We're more than capable and we're actually missing a lot of good chances.

Was saying to my lad the other day that someone is going to get a serious bumming from us this season. After the 6-1 he asked me if that was it, and I couldn't help thinking it wasn't.

That 6-1 started with us spurning 4 good chances before the first goal. Then Sturridge hit the woodwork twice.

Hmmm...

• Upvote 1

Not a chance. One of the most irritating things about this football club, pretty much through the entire Premier League era, has been the way we take our foot off the gas when we're clear with 30-45 minutes to go. I was amazed we got a sixth against Watford because we usually settle at 5. I would bet there isn't a single club who has scored 5 as often as us.

Yes without doubt....but our "defensive frailties" will see us ship 10 in the same game which will unfortunately be at Old Trafford and be live on Sky.

The good news is it will see the end of Tyler who will have a heart attack as POGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Scores their 10th to equalise in the 17th minute of stoppage time "no more than Manchester United deserve, now can they go on and win it" screams Tyler who then keels over as ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY smashes the ball against the post with Manninger "beaten all ends up" with the last kick of the game to almost win it.

I'm thinking that 20 might not be beyond reach.  The front three with a hat-trick each, easily doable.

It's the other 11 that's tricky.  A goal apiece for the CBs off set-pieces.  A Henderson blast, Can bulldozes one in, and then Lallana with a brace.  That's ... hm, 15.

Er, the goalie could get one on one of those crazy long bouncy shots that the other keeper misjudges, then maybe one of the fullbacks does a Moreno and scores after a long dribble.  Only 3 more now.

Oh, wait, we've got some on the bench.  Sturridge comes on to score 2 and then Lucas, on as a sub, scores a screamer from 25 yards in stoppage time.  Job done.

• Upvote 2