You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Depends how much more damage was done to it allowing him to walk around without crutches and dragging a suitcase around after the game.

It's a constant beef of mine-I assume our Clubs pay a good wedge for all the medical staff and experts they employ. Yet,Like Mane, Everton let Bolassie try to run off his injury earlier this season. 

Sad to see that Mane is out for some time-he's looked a very good player for your lot.

• Upvote 1

It's a constant beef of mime-I assume our Clubs pay a good wedge for all the medical staff and experts they employ. Yet,Like Mane, Everton let Bolassie try to run off his injury earlier this season.

Sad to see that Mane is out for some time-he's looked a very good player for your lot.

Yeah. It beggars belief that players can be seriously injured enough to require surgery but are allowed to walk about as if perfectly ok immediately after sustaining the injury.

Never good to see any players out for extended periods - football rivalry is all well and good but only proper beauts give it the big one about injuries like those gobshites singing about Coleman.

Bollox.. Where does that leave us in terms of a champions league place? I know we aren't but it does feel like we are a one man team and he is now fucked for the season

We haven't won a game when Mané's been missing this season so we might actually be a sneaky one-man team.

Sad news, but expected. It's nice and clear for the others now. They know what they have to do. CL qualification was far from a foregone conclusion with Mane, and now it really is touch and go.

It's still doable, but the margin for error is tiny. The two dropped points at home to Bournemouth might be telling in the run in. I'm still dreading the West Brom and Watford games.

Three points against Stoke please. Steady the ship.

The club is only banned from signing kids from other UK academy's till March next year.

Thats no issue,the issue will be trying to get deals done after as thet will have to stick to the rules no bending them at all like everyone does

I've been of the view Sturridge can just do one and don't want to see him in a red shirt again for a while now - he is a wage thief.....

But things have got so bad now in terms of options that sadly it looks like we need him to put in a final shift for us before we jib him in the summer and then at least he can leave with a slither of dignity - the question is can he be bothered/has he got half a dozen games in him?

I've been of the view Sturridge can just do one and don't want to see him in a red shirt again for a while now - he is a wage thief.....

But things have got so bad now in terms of options that sadly it looks like we need him to put in a final shift for us before we jib him in the summer and then at least he can leave with a slither of dignity - the question is can he be bothered/has he got half a dozen games in him?

What do you think?

I'm clinging to the hope he knows he's bombed out this summer and wants as big a pay day as possible.

Nothing wrong with this logic, except the current version of Sturridge simply doesn't have the required quality to make it happen.

Yeah.

Only way I can see it pissibly working is with a formation change - if he is put in as a straight swap for Mane or even Coutinho in front 3 or even asked to play as the central one in a 3 and press we may as well not bother using him.

• 1 month later...