You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

Sides who've played a lot worse than Hungary in this tournament have not been twatted 4-0. It's been quite refreshing to watch them because they've done the exact opposite of most 'lesser' sides by not simply packing their defence and midfield and sitting back. They've been very tidy on the ball and tried to be positive in possession.

Belgium have slowly been playing their way into the tournament and as long as they get more compact than they were in this game, they carry enough of a threat to go really far in the competition.

Guest Pistonbroke

Belgium manage a bit of consistency and they've got a clear path to the final. Fortunately Wilmots or their egos should fuck it up

Belgium are your typical team with lots of very good individual players, if the take the lead they can look very good indeed, if they find themselves up against it they can look very disjointed and ordinary. 

For the last few decades, the BBC have had a knack of bringing in at least one new studio pundit for the major finals; usually a big name from abroad who adds a new angle to their coverage.  Usually, this has been while ITV have been rolling out dullards and deadheads.

This time, the BBC's studio line-up is a bit "meh", while I think ITV have done really well bringing in Matthaus and Bilic, who are both worth listening to.

• Upvote 1

I hope somehow England lose to Iceland.

I have never been so ashamed of my country after Thursday and the thought of several thousand scumbags singing GSTQ and chanting racists shite in a match against the hosts makes me feel physically sick. 

Anyone but the fucking ungrateful, dreadful germans.

I hope somehow England lose to Iceland.

I have never been so ashamed of my country after Thursday and the thought of several thousand scumbags singing GSTQ and chanting racists shite in a match against the hosts makes me feel physically sick. 

Ashamed? really? Your country saved Europe and along the U.S.A. redeveloped germany. It was your investments and your soldiers who redeveloped and secured Europe for decades. 

But I have to say, Iceland is the only one who stood up to the bankers. So I like both. If England goes through, then I hope they reach the final and Sturridge finished MVP of the whole tournament.

• Upvote 1

For the last few decades, the BBC have had a knack of bringing in at least one new studio pundit for the major finals; usually a big name from abroad who adds a new angle to their coverage. Usually, this has been while ITV have been rolling out dullards and deadheads.

This time, the BBC's studio line-up is a bit "meh", while I think ITV have done really well bringing in Matthaus and Bilic, who are both worth listening to.

I quite like Lee Dixon aswell and he talks sense, better than most other British pundits

Belgium manage a bit of consistency and they've got a clear path to the final. Fortunately Wilmots or their egos should fuck it up

Belgium could do with fucking off Wilmots and getting in a foreign manager with no attachments and a completely different attitude and mentality to the Belgian players. An attack minded manager would make these almost unbeatable, they have the foundations for an unbelievable team. You could go ultra attacking and still have Kompany, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Courtois to do the defending. Get rid of one of the midfielders they play and put Dembele in there and never ever play Felliani in the 10 and put De Bruyne out wide again. They really do have a great team it's just being wasted at the moment, imagine Klopp managing them as club side they'd be unstoppable.

For the last few decades, the BBC have had a knack of bringing in at least one new studio pundit for the major finals; usually a big name from abroad who adds a new angle to their coverage.  Usually, this has been while ITV have been rolling out dullards and deadheads.

And yet it was only 2 years ago when their main presenter was Adrian Chiles. ITV's 'studio' is also far better than the BBC's. Why bother having the Eiffel Tower as your backdrop if you're going to hide behind windows. Far better to sit on a rooftop overlooking some classic Parisian architecture and have a waiter serve cold beers during the (numerous) ad breaks like ITV have done.

For the last few decades, the BBC have had a knack of bringing in at least one new studio pundit for the major finals; usually a big name from abroad who adds a new angle to their coverage. Usually, this has been while ITV have been rolling out dullards and deadheads.

I agree about Bilic and Matthaus but even they are struggling to make Ian Wright sound palatable.

The Italians belting out their national anthem is a glorious sight.

For me this is one of the big games with the tournament winner almost sure to come from this side of the draw.   Just a shame Germany, Spain, France and Italy will be knocking each other out before the final.

The Italians belting out their national anthem is a glorious sight.

For me this is one of the big games with the tournament winner almost sure to come from this side of the draw. Just a shame Germany, Spain, France and Italy will be knocking each other out before the final.

I reckon the QF between tonight's winners and Germany could give us the champions.