You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Messi / Suarez penalty

JohnnyH

This penalty  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Great or a dick thing to do

• Fantastic
    • Disrespectful
    • Not arsed if I'm honest

How long does a keeper have to react to a spot kick? Fuck all. So they card players who stop in their run to the ball due to it being unsporting (Messi himself got done for this a while back) It isn't all that different in that it gives the keeper virtually no chance whatsoever.

They took the penalty kick in a sporting manner as per all the rules.

If its within the rules then we should be applauding it. That front 3 has to be the greatest forward line of all time.

Better than Pele jarzihno and Rivelino? that Brazil 70 team was awesome and those 3 just topped it off.

In today's modern game, to get those 3 at one club would be every bit as good as barcas front three.

Fucking modern day faux outrage at everything!

One millionaire passed a football to another millionaire, who in turn kicked said football past another millionaire!

Down the park on a Sunday where fellas dying with a hangover are paying a fiver a head to play a game of ball...cunt's move.

In the Nou Camp? Entertainment.

• Upvote 1

Said non another thread that if I was a Celta player I'm chopping either Luis or Messi. The neutral can enjoy it but as a player I'd certainly feel disrespected and do something about it, for myself and the shirt I was wearing. The Celta players were not out there to kiss Barca's arse like everyone else does.

Said non another thread that if I was a Celta player I'm chopping either Luis or Messi. The neutral can enjoy it but as a player I'd certainly feel disrespected and do something about it, for myself and the shirt I was wearing. The Celta players were not out there to kiss Barca's arse like everyone else does.

It's not about respecting your opponents; it's about beating them.

They scored a goal within the rules of the game and without doing anything snide. Anyone who feels the need to chop an opponent for doing that is a moaning cunt and should go and play for Tony Pulis.

It took the piss out of the keeper. What the fuck is the poor cunt meant to do there? He's copping a fucking battering as it is, no need to make more of a fool out of him.

What he's meant to do is pick the ball out of the net. That's what every penalty taker wants the goalkeeper to do.

How long does a keeper have to react to a spot kick? Fuck all. So they card players who stop in their run to the ball due to it being unsporting (Messi himself got done for this a while back) It isn't all that different in that it gives the keeper virtually no chance whatsoever.

A good penalty should give the keeper no chance.

The stuttering run-up is a piece of sportsmanship designed to make the keeper go early. The indirect penalty is not an attempt to fool anybody.

It's not about respecting your opponents; it's about beating them.

They scored a goal within the rules of the game and without doing anything snide. Anyone who feels the need to chop an opponent for doing that is a moaning cunt and should go and play for Tony Pulis.

Fuck off, and make a point of reminding Stevie about you wrote here, him getting sent off for stomping a player after being on the pitch for seconds in our biggest game of the year. Pulis player, indeed.

I wonder if people would feel the same way if the bitters were up 4-0 against us and Barkley and Lukaku pulled a similar penalty stunt in front of the Kop, and had a good laugh while they were at it. My arse.

Barca are shite sportsmen. Last year, was it, or 2? when Atleti won the league at the Camp Nou they only allowed something like 200 Atleti supporters and made sure the league trophy was not presented to Atleti there, the league president didn't even attend. You earn respect if you have some for yourself and your shirt. You're not out there to applaud Barca or anyone else

Fuck off, and make a point of reminding Stevie about you wrote here, him getting sent off for stomping a player after being on the pitch for seconds in our biggest game of the year. Pulis player, indeed.

I wonder if people would feel the same way if the bitters were up 4-0 against us and Barkley and Lukaku pulled a similar penalty stunt in front of the Kop, and had a good laugh while they were at it. My arse.

Barca are shite sportsmen. Last year, was it, or 2? when Atleti won the league at the Camp Nou they only allowed something like 200 Atleti supporters and made sure the league trophy was not presented to Atleti there, the league president didn't even attend. You earn respect if you have some for yourself and your shirt. You're not out there to applaud Barca or anyone else

Remind me when Stevie G chopped someone for scoring a well-worked goal against us, or deliberately fouled anyone for the crime of being inventive and creative.  

And while you're at it, explain the difference between a well-worked penalty and a well-worked free-kick.

The rest of your post is irrelevant.  If we conceded four to the Shite, I'd be raging about our players; I couldn't give a fuck what they do.  And I don't give a fuck whether or not FC Barcelona, as an institution, is corrupt and evil; it doesn't alter the fact that that penalty was alright and nobody should get their knickers in a twist about it.

Barca turning the sprinklers on Inter when they knocked them out only for all the Inter to frolic around like giddy schoolchildren is one of the funniest things I've seen in football. Even Shitcoat's enjoyment of it couldn't ruin the hilarity for me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Better than Pele jarzihno and Rivelino?

Significantly. One cunt who can't keep it up, one southern cunt who spends all his time in here and a packet of sweets. Shite.

• Upvote 1