You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 28-29 2015)

tlw content

blueshitepitch.jpg

That was a hell of a weekend for us. We might have been shit against Swansea but at least we won. Aside from City, none of the nine other teams above us did and we moved up four places and closed the gap on all those shitty Klopp-less wonders above us.

Watching the United - Leicester game was a strange experience. Clearly a draw was the best outcome for us, in the short term at least, but I found it impossible to fight that instinct of wanting the Mancs to get their arses handed to them. So I was all in on Leicester, even if them winning would have meant the gap between us and first place stayed at eight points.

Part of that is probably that I’m not taking Leicester that seriously. I think we’re all expecting them to fall away a bit, much like Southampton did last year, so them beating United would have been great for us. It wasn’t just that though, I wanted to see Vardy carry on scoring (which he did) and I'm sick of seeing United stink it up but pick up points.

Fair play to United though, they proved me wrong as I didn’t think even they were capable of making a Leicester game boring, but they did. Do their fans still sing that ludicrous “You’ve only come to see United” bollocks? I assume they’ve put that one in cold storage as not even the Mancs are that shamefaced, surely. Christ, they’re fucking grim aren’t they? There’s just nothing there, they’re so robotic and workmanlike. And fucking jammy too. They should have lost this but Ulloa shit himself when he had the chance to win the game late on.

All in all though, a draw suits us nicely. Ditto with the Spurs - Chelsea game on Sunday. That was strange too, as me and my al fella spoke before the game about what result we wanted and both agreed that a draw suited us best. Yet any time Spurs went forward muscle memory kicked in and the pair of us found ourselves urging them on to score. You can't fight the feeling, it's just instinctive to want Chelsea to lose because they’re such loathsome cunts.

That was a shite game though, neither side looked arsed about winning (Spurs were obviously goosed after their Europa League game) and the only real talking point was dastardly Diego’s latest antics. I’m warming to him by the week now, he’s fucking hilarious. He’s just such a bad guy he should have been sat on that bench wearing a sombrero covering half of his face and chewing on one of those little brown cigarette / cigar hybrid things the badass Mexican guys in cowboy movies always had. When he walks into a room, that whistling music from “the good the bad and the ugly” should be playing.

What he did with the bib cracked me up. He was defo throwing that at Mourinho, the look on the other subs faces said it all. Loftus Cheek looked uncomfortable and was like “uh oh, Diego is pissed off, I'm going to look the other way”, while Obi-Mikel was laughing like a naughty schoolkid whose mate had farted in assembly. Mourinho downplayed it, but the two of them had had a row a few days before in their Champions League game and there’s clearly something brewing there. That’s the cunt-off to end all cunt-offs that. The only way it could have been any more cuntier would be if Mongo got involved and made it a “cunt-off au trois”.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.